• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] The "Fuuuuuu" Day Thread (Crappy Day Thread)

I watched that show, and I'm no Greenspan fan, quite the contrary, but there is a greater context to what he is saying there. The real problem comes when healthier economies (China, India, Brazil) decide amongst themselves to stop using the dollar as the standard.. that's when you see $50 loaves of bread, not so much cause you print more money (intentional inflation is a valid economic tool); they've been doing that, printing more money to hide the toxic debt shifted to the government from the banks, since 2008 (Timmy and Bernanke's idea btw, not Obama's).

Edit - ..and when I say intentional inflation is a valid economic tool, that isn't my belief, it's his belief.. Greenspans. He's a Friedmanite through and through.

Last edited:
Reactions: Colt .45 killer
Upvote 0
I used to check BBC on a daily basis to get international news. But lately it lost all my respect. The biased point of view about middle east and Venezuelan issues put them at the same level as that CNN crap
What is their bias on the Middle East and Venezuela? I haven't seemed to notice any, myself. I'm not trying to bust your balls, but I am just really curious since I have held BBC as the Switzerland of news sources.

Upvote 0
Damn it, just hit a fox with our car on our way back, or at least we think we did... Sad thing is it just sprung as the car in front of us passed (less than 10m in front of us) so my friend driving couldn't do that much :(

And it was an amazing jump as it got into the road and landed right in front of the car... damn it.

Also, when we parked outside my house and started unloading stuff, a minor car accident happened right behind us with noone getting hurt though...

Oh and I got my driving license about 3 days ago... I'm sticking to my bicycle methinks :/

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thank god it was only a fox. The same happened to me with a doe once, not pretty.

Car needed a new windscreen and roof.

Generally speaking, roadkill isn't avoidable. It's the strategy of many animals to lay low and then dash out at the last moment when a predator arrives. While that works for slow walking bears, and wolves, it normally propells them right in front of a car.

My "bodycount" so far (in ten years of driving): 2 hedgehogs, 1 squirrel, 1 cat, 1 doe, uncountable frogs and toads.

Generally speaking, you're more safe simply driving over small animals, as you could cause quite sever accidents by apruptly breaking or swerving. Even though I am quite an animal person, I try not to avoid small animals in reflex, as I rather kill a small cuddly mammal than myself and other people.

Unless, of course, I can see the animal a long way off and can safely reduce my speed to prevent having to pick fur and bones out of my grill.

Upvote 0
The real shame being, he, you, and I are stuck in a healthcare system that is more concerned about it's own profitability than the care we need. The United States needs to grow up and stand back to see just how wrong it is to apply the 'for profit' model to everything in it's society. Americans have a penchant for being #1.. so lets take a look at the number one healthcare system on the planet and take a step in that direction. (Hint - it isnt a for profit system)

Upvote 0