• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I'll Show You Mine If You'll Show Me Yours (Part Deux)

here's my CZ-75 (i know its not ww2, but its still hard to find)
yes, it's an original, no import marks. i think its an 82, hard to read the stamping. it's pretty beat up, but it shoots like a dream and only cost $120, now if i can find some mags that will work in it. (cz75b's dont work very well) i'd like to find some actual sights for it, all it has are those black on black military things.
i think somebody stripped the bake-on paint and tried to cold-blue it. it'd be nice if i can find someone who knows how to re-do that kind of finish, and take some of the dings out of the gun. at least make it look like it wasn't used to pistol whip prisoners.
cz7501.jpg

cz7502.jpg

hopefully the code works and the pics arent too big.

here's a yugo mauser, m44, and maadi rpm.
c311.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
what solvent/solution did you use lemon? Also, I've heard that some rifles (especially really goobered up cosmoline ones) take a good 2 or 3 goes with this. Can't wait to hear how it shoots!

for the first time i used just saltwater
that was with a verry beat up M44

ill see how it shoots tomorrow

but dont be scared there will be lotsa small dents ect in the bore, but i HOPE those will be closed by tombak again

with my G98 that hasnt been cleaned for like 20+years and im unable to actually even remoove the first tombak line normally i used a solvent of vinegar, amoniac and saltwater

didnt work perfectly on the first go (small plates of tombak went onto the water)
ill have a second go tomorrow or so

i tryed everything to clean that G98 but didnt succeed but now with that electrostuff ill give it a few more tries ^^

Upvote 0
It looks like CCCP for me and why should have the DDR (Deutsche Demokratische Republik) have Mosin Nagants anyway? But I am not an expert on that.

The 1 in a triangle is the DDR mark. After WWII the Soviets gave the East Germans Mosin Nagants. They stamped them with the mark. When the Soviets took the rifles back. They were refurbished along with all the other Mosins. This stock was on a rifle issued to the East Germans at that time.

Upvote 0
I don't care who gets elected. No one in the government wants YOU to own a gun, period. At the same time neither party is going to try gun control seriously for a while. They do want to stay in office after all.

I've always been an independent when it came to politics. So I see past most of the crap and lies dished out by politicians. I'm not saying I'm perfect, not even close, but I haven't been brainwashed into believing that one party is good and the other is evil. The truth is they are both evil, and could give a rats A$$ about us. Especially gun owners. Ron Paul is probably the only candidate that is truly pro-gun. The odds of him getting elected though are not good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't care who gets elected. No one in the government wants YOU to own a gun, period. At the same time neither party is going to try gun control seriously for a while. They do want to stay in office after all.

I've always been an independent when it came to politics. So I see past most of the crap and lies dished out by politicians. I'm not saying I'm perfect, not even close, but I haven't been brainwashed into believing that one party is good and the other is evil. The truth is they are both evil, and could give a rats A$$ about us. Especially gun owners. Ron Paul is probably the only candidate that is truly pro-gun. The odds of him getting elected though are not good.

Exaclty! and Rons is my only hope and my #1 candidate of choice.

Dont want to get into politics here as it is taboo in this forum server but the writing is on the wall and if Ron doesn't get nominated then you might as wells start stacking up on ammo and misc items as we are headed down a dark path.

God help us.

Upvote 0
i'm gonna try out that electrolytic cleaning process, but i was wondering if there would be any problems from hydrogen embrittlement? would i have to bake the rifle after using this cleaning process?

bake?
u mean heat it up? naaahhh

all u need to do is buy 20rounds of new production ammo, shoot them throught the rifle after cleaning to fill the dents with some more healthy stuff :p

just dont shoot corrosive ammo out of the rifle right after cleaning

Upvote 0
it will only leave pits in your barrel if you have rust in there, it will also uncover dents and dings by loosing bits of copper and carbon and other junk inside those pits. think of it as the opposite as chrome-lining your barrel, you basically be un-lining the crap from inside it.
I was only wondering about the barrel becoming brittle from hydrogen contact. because isnt it a hardened steel? usually you'd have to re-heat something like that (approx 400F) and i dont think a barrel gets that hot from shooting.
i just dont want a weakened barrel.

Upvote 0