• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

FPS meter

News flash: You are on a public opinion forum. We are allowed to post our opinions...

I said I would appreciate, you of course do not have to agree to stop posting. A smarter person would just understand that his opinion is not wanted. You gave your advice about FRAPS, I chose to follow a different solution. There is no need for an imbecil like yourself to comment on my computer using habits further. Perhaps I should send you a screenshot of my desktop so you can properly arange my icon layout as well?

Just back off.

Upvote 0
I said I would appreciate, you of course do not have to agree to stop posting. A smarter person would just understand that his opinion is not wanted. You gave your advice about FRAPS, I chose to follow a different solution. There is no need for an imbecil like yourself to comment on my computer using habits further. Perhaps I should send you a screenshot of my desktop so you can properly arange my icon layout as well?

Just back off.

Hey to each is to own I guess. Life dosen't have to be so difficult you know? Refusing to use computer programs because it sits in the system tray eating up reasources that you actualy have room for seems silly at best. But hey, whatever floats your boat!!

Upvote 0
I downloaded Afterburner but it annoyed me since it shows 2 icons in my tray, the program itself and the onscreen display. Uninstalled.
Fraps is great yes, so I was using it untill I saw this post by Markus. I hate having stuff in my tray which doesn't serve any especially useful purpose so I'll be disabling fraps too.

Thx a lot man this is exactly what I was asking for. <3

Ah well, you can turn them off but never mind :)

Upvote 0
Skew I'm not sure whether or not you got my PM and maybe it's interesting for someone else so here again:

I'm glad you liked that approach. There are a few things you can try/change:
First of all now again the copied and pasted command is...

Bindings=(Name="F9",Command="stat fps",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

No spaces between the commas.

Another thing you should take into account is the config section, in which you're adding that command. It has to be added in [ROGame.ROPlayerInput].
I hope that helps and don't get annoyed by those ranting trolls. They are flooding the forums with their self-complacent comments, that lead nowhere.

It's hilarious that you guys (minimum one) think, that multicore CPUs and more capable hardware is developed in order do give you the chance to install a huge bunch of software which hasn't a lot of use. Sure you can dot that, go on and have fun with it. I know you like your flashy GPU software. And Fraps is not their to show you the FPS all of the time. It's there to record and do screenshots and benchmarks. I'm fine with your recommendations and tips, but if someone doesn't like it or chooses another way, it's there cup of tea and not strange behavior.
And again those programs MAY influence the performance, even with an uber leet 4core cpu, since the performance drops would mostly be induced by the GPU. Believe it or not. Nice to hear that it's not the case with your systems.

Last edited:
Reactions: skewp
Upvote 0
Skew I'm not sure whether or not you got my PM and maybe it's interesting for someone else so here again:

I'm glad you liked that approach. There are a few things you can try/change:
First of all now again the copied and pasted command is...

Bindings=(Name="F9",Command="stat fps",Control=False,Shift=False,Alt=False,bIgnoreCtrl=False,bIgnoreShift=False,bIgnoreAlt=False)

No spaces between the commas.

Another thing you should take into account is the config section, in which you're adding that command. It has to be added in [ROGame.ROPlayerInput].
I hope that helps and don't get annoyed by those ranting trolls. They are flooding the forums with their self-complacent comments, that lead nowhere.

It's hilarious that you guys (minimum one) think, that multicore CPUs and more capable hardware is developed in order do give you the chance to install a huge bunch of software which hasn't a lot of use. Sure you can dot that, go on and have fun with it. I know you like your flashy GPU software. And Fraps is not their to show you the FPS all of the time. It's there to record and do screenshots and benchmarks. I'm fine with your recommendations and tips, but if someone doesn't like it or choses another way, it's their cup of tea and not strange behavior.
And again those programs MAY influence the performance, even with an uber leet 4core cpu, since the performance drops would mostly be induced by the GPU. Believe it or not. Nice to hear that it's not the case with your systems.

Yea I got your PM, the forum acts kinda strange though. I was sure my PM didn't reach you either.

About the second part of your comment. One of the reasons I choose not to install software which I don't have any need for is because adding more and more crap on my PC simply prolongs the amount of time my PC needs to boot up. GPU-Z is a program which contains all the necessary information for monitoring your GPU performance, it's nowhere near flashy as for example Afterburner is. It's simple and tiny. Why would I install another program which is more complicated, does exactly the same job only with one additional feature (FPS meter) if I can already use a fully functional FPS meter provided by the game itself.

Damn I'm such a weirdo. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Upvote 0