• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The List of Flaws

Bivoj

Sep 3, 2011
Hereby my personal list of flaws. These flaws can be solved in different ways and it is not my job to bring one, so I do not propose solutions. I just want to write what I hate about the game and should be fixed from my personal view (in this order):

1) MKB42, MP40/II (even I did not see one yet), silenced nagant revolver (dtto) and AVT40
these weapons completely destroy the "feel" of Stalingrad, especially the first one.

3) No round magazines for PPSh41
Second worst thing about this game. Without proper PPSh41, the game is half-immersive...

2) Too many G41s and MP40s
I would prefer to have Germans with captured soviet SVT40s than to have too many rare G41s in game. The large amount of MP40s is also bad, but I can live with it.

4) Recon planes
Completely unrealistic feature, where recon plane sends on-line GPS location of enemy soldiers to everyone. It is WW2, not a 2153 Sci-Fi battle...

5) Sprint and Iron Sights zoom

6) Sprint&gun
no noticeable sway dependency on fatigue is very bad.

7) Bayonets
No possibility to attach/detach bayo is gamey. Bayonet as an "unlock" is ridiculous (btw the whole "unlocks" system is one big flaw)

8) Unreal weapon sway without weapon dependency
i.e. G41 should have more weapon sway than Kar98, since it was much heavier, attached bayonet should increase weapon sway etc.

9) Inaccurate German officer uniform
No cocarde on field cap, improper guards stripes on collar...

10) English with weird accent instead of native german / russian
disturbs me every time I hear it

11) too many fixed mg34s
making mg class less useful and not-appealing - why the Germs left too many mgs to fall in hands of Ruskies? And why they have fixed (but easily undeployable) mg everywhere? I can live with these maxims, they are even fine to have, but these fixed mg34s just for sake of balance are horrible.

12) Weird "bandaging" mechanic

13) Absence of FPS immerse (standard in these days)
players are floating cameras, cannot see their legs, no hand animation while climbing a ladder or when picking dropped weapon...

Last edited:
I second this motion, definitely needs Red text for Ruskies and the Teal text for the Germans, as you do for the kill notifications. Leave it white for the server notifications/admin messages and perhaps even add Light Green text for Squad messages.

I agree completely on this point. Half of the time I'm not even sure if the person I'm responding to is apart of my team or if it is in team chat, if they are in my squad. Really would help make things far easier to read/understand in a few moments rather than having to sift through the player list to get an answer.

Upvote 0