• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

2 maps for TDM !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like i can just leave this game behind then

thanks for taking my money
im glad my friends waited to buy the game

I'm calling bullsh*t! ...you have friends?!?! :eek:

But really, fire fight is actually pretty fun and tactical. I thought it was just a bit of bait for the COD boys but as one of the devs has said people play more tactical on fire fight than in other game modes. Working together as a team to clean out buildings, I've had a lot of fun with friends on Teamspeak in fire fight. The only problem is the random spawns where you spawn and get shot or someone spawns behind you... but it doesn't happen much.

Until rounds are made longer, firefight and territory are easily the best modes imo. with longer rounds, count down will be great too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
i strange how a NEW CUSTOMER post get so more answer by the Devs
i am not a new customer
im not even a new RO player .. although i admit i diudnt play much ro1
smg recoil was crazy
Contact Steam and get a refund for your pre-order if you dislike the game so much.
can i ?
if i already played the beta

for those making fun .. less sales means less support for your game and game mode type
this has already caused about 20 sales from my friends to be put on hold
hard telling how many others out there this will affect
i know .. your like how cares? .. 20 sales is not gonna break TW

no how many read this forum and other forums that im a member of and dont post
those sales number might add up abit

i have posted what ohnein wrote in this thread about other maps ( maybe) being TDM ready after release. i hope sales dont suffer but i dont see how a tdm player that is sitting on the fence would buy.

TDM needs to be repected and supported

Upvote 0
i own ever tripwire game
I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER

till TDM gets the respect and support the it deserves
from tripwire

Are you serious or just trolling?, because you're really making a fool out of yourself.

Even tho firefight is a new mode and im sure TWI loves it as much as anything else, you've to realize that Territory was and probably still is one of the core modes that the maps were designed for. Spawns and balancing issue will be fixed be sure, and btw you're flaming one of the best PC devs ever, way to go sherlock.

Reactions: Mr_Cossack
Upvote 0
To quote you hellbilly back about a month ago.
this whole hate on the COD player is getting a bit old and kind of sad really as someone else pointed out. many great players, clans, and mod makers have come from COD. aswell as just some all around nice guys like rudedog at fpsadmin.com. sure COD has a ton of twits running around but the ban hammer still seems to work pretty good.

i worry about the cod crowd coming over aswell. but honestly the way this forum has been acting makes a COD pub server sound kind of peaceful.

Your attitude now is why there is a hate of cod players. You seem to not enjoy RO for what RO is and that's realism, not running around and shooting everything that moves. If you want that type of gameplay then by all means RO isn't for you... You should enjoy RO for all the game types. They all have a similarity and thats teamwork. Why would you talk crap about a game bc of one type of game mode. I understand your opinion on FF mode, but acting like this, is the prime reason so many original RO players had rants about cod players...

So seriously if FF is the only reason you bought RO then I don't understand why you would buy it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
To quote you hellbilly back about a month ago.

Your attitude now is why there is a hate of cod players. You seem to not enjoy RO for what RO is and that's realism, not running around and shooting everything that moves. If you want that type of gameplay then by all means RO isn't for you... You should enjoy RO for all the game types. They all have a similarity and thats teamwork. Why would you talk crap about a game bc of one type of game mode. I understand your opinion on FF mode, but acting like this, is the prime reason so many original RO players had rants about cod players...

So seriously if FF is the only reason you bought RO then I don't understand why you would buy it.

i might have bought ro2 on sale without TDM
but yeah TDM is really the reason i bought it ... form this post
will ro2 bring in new players
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=54370&highlight=classes&page=3[/URL]
hellbilly=RO2 has got me real excited
but i have been watching RO since before the UT contest
i liked roost but it was a objective based game type that forced classes and favored rifles and campers.

i like TDM running with a smg
and firefight has me really excited aswell as the thought of real support from a game dev.

i think RO2 will get it right this time on tdm .. rotating spawns, maps that change size , and smgs that dont look at the sky after 3 shots, good anti cheat with pb and PBbans, this game has a ton going for it

and this one
from So will people be buying this game outside the community?
[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=54969&highlight=classes&page=3[/URL]
there was alot of things that made RO1 not as much fun to play as other games.

game speed

big maps
smg's that looked at the sky after 3 shots
game play type
class based game play ( 2 snipers go to the ones with fastest load times)
lack of game modes
vehicular combat

these are a few that come to mind. its not that it makes the game suck. its just for alot of gamers, there are funner games to play.
when its all said and done everyone just wants to get their murder fix. some folk need more blood than a bolt action rifle can supply.

it doesnt mean they are "COD-kiddies" or "Cs-noobs". it just means they like a faster type game.

so yes .. now that alot of those game play mech. listed above have been fixed or changed. i can see alot of folks coming from diff. games
the firefight gamemode has alot of appeal for me and the folks i game with

and no i dont like realisim .. why because everyone has a diff. view of what it is .. look at the TW forums ... folks complaining about weapon sway, sprinting, aiming after sprinting ect.

everyones a expert

i think the most fun ive had was in the darkest hour mod with a friend
i like territory .. but TDM is where i get my " murder fix "

Upvote 0
why would anyone host a TDM server for only 2 maps ?

TW has said they wanted to bring in new players with the firefight game mode
this is not the way to do it

all 5 maps can play territory and countdown
but only 2 for TDM

thats bull ... any maps in any game
worth its name can play all the game modes

Oh really? So Gumrak can be played in firefight? That'd sure be interesting. There will be a lot more maps than what we have been able to play so far, and I'm sure plenty will be able to play firefight. As is, two out of the three maps we have can play it. The only one that can't is a tank map. Having said that, firefight isn't even the core of RO. I bet most new players won't play it nearly as much as they will play territory. What's the big deal if it only gets a few maps?

Upvote 0
Wow HellBilly, you sure have generated a lot of hate replies.

Best thing is probably just to step back and request this thread to be deleted.

It's not like there won't be any future FF maps. It will be well supported by the community since the game is being released with the sdk.

I also have to wait for a real search & destroy mode because in my opinion the current "Countdown" gameplay sure lacks the excitement of the original ONE life search & destroy with the destroyable objectives (along with setting and defusing the bomb) which by the way I've been lobbying Tripwire to include since 2006.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow HellBilly, you sure have generated a lot of hate replies.

Best thing is probably just to step back and request this thread to be deleted.

It's not like there won't be any future FF maps. It will be well supported by the community since the game is being released with the sdk.

I also have to wait for a real search & destroy mode because in my opinion the current "Countdown" gameplay sure lacks the excitement on the original ONE life search & destroy with the destroyable objectives (along with setting and defusing the bomb) which by the way I've been lobbying Tripwire to include since 2006.

lol .. yeah i stepped into a hornets nest
but i dont want the thread to be deleted ...
im sure there will be custom maps for firefight
but to bring in the new players with the kind of numbers we need to support tdm
requires that TW give TDM the respect and support it needs
or the new players wont come / tdm will die

i wouldnt mind setting a bomb and blowing up a grain tower :D

Upvote 0
yep i dont like classes
why ?

because if you have a slow loading PC you'll never get the class you want
like in ro1 .. 2 snipers per map

Whee, just what I want to play. An entire game mode of tossers camping in dark corners of the map just waiting for someone to be bold enough to actually try and move from their little hiding spot so they can score an easy kill.

It's already obvious that Red Orchestra isn't for you. Might I suggest Team Fortress 2? I greatly enjoy that one as well, there aren't any class limits, and it is a lot of fun. Plus, it's free to play.

Let everyone else have their masochistic war simulator.

Upvote 0
lol .. yeah i stepped into a hornets nest
but i dont want the thread to be deleted ...
im sure there will be custom maps for firefight
but to bring in the new players with the kind of numbers we need to support tdm
requires that TW give TDM the respect and support it needs
or the new players wont come / tdm will die

i wouldnt mind setting a bomb and blowing up a grain tower :D

1. Firefight is a brand new gamemode and it will be supported by the developers and by the community (I.E alot of new maps will be made)
2. Territory is and always will be the core gameplay of this game, hence why that is priority.
3. You have pretty much said you disliked every feature in this game that makes the core community play it.
4. Do not think that you can tell the devs how to make their game, and if you don't like it, don't play it.
5. There is plenty of games out on the market that has exactly what you want.
6. If you wonder why you get disrespect by the community it's becouse you are acting like the game is made for YOU and only YOU and it should be exactly like YOU want it to be. If that's the case start a dev team and make your own game.
7. Lastly, i doubt you will enjoy the game in the long run from judging what you said. Get a re-fund from Steam and spend it on some game that has the features you want.

Cheers, Skjold

Reactions: Mike_Nomad
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.