• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

I would get the game. I don't have QG, but the co-op and team gametype multiplayer is awesome.

:D

Plus the game is so pretty.

attacking a small town with CAS from a-10 on a co-op match.

casarmapk6.jpg

Upvote 0
I tried to play a session with you guys, but I really don't get how you put up with this game. It's just as buggy as a year ago, when I stopped playing it.

First we had to wait 30 mins for 1 player to not have graphical issues, then 1 guy dropped out twice. Then we finally were all there, and the server crashed.

I'll try playing this game again in another year, see if it improved lol.

Upvote 0
The mission was an evolution 3.0 or something deal. The a-10 pilot was human, despite the call for air strike by someone else.

Quite fun with a lot of people. I believe when it first starts out you have to clear Corazol and Belgor-something of enemy forces. I don't think it was the hills have eyes, but i'm not sure.

not sure if ya noticed but the + or - MOA in the top left is the GMJ sight adjustment mod. VERY VERY VERY ****ing useful. and works online too!

edit: damn it i missed the co-op. :( next time then. What add-ons do you guys use on co-op?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I tried to play a session with you guys, but I really don't get how you put up with this game. It's just as buggy as a year ago, when I stopped playing it.

Well, I agree with you Ralf. It can be quite buggy. But it's all worth it when you find a nice mission, imo. :) We went to a different server and played on there.

edit: damn it i missed the co-op. :( next time then. What add-ons do you guys use on co-op?

None, at least so far. When might try the ECS mod sometime, or whatever it's called, but so far it's been vanilla ArmA. Of course you can still use the addons you want.

BTW, thanks to Britney for playing ;)

Upvote 0
missed ro-co-op, but got my fix in evolution V3 blufor

Without little bird and blackhawk pilots giving constant transport to around 20 to 30 people, the experience wouldn't be half as quick, or as fun.

arma2el6.jpg

Attacking Corazol and laying down much firepower from squad inserted by LB. Slags rushed into port and were obliterated. Sniper using the obsolete one finger, no hand method.

arma3qa0.jpg

Stranded on the farside of the bridge to eborgen-something, low on ammo, facing heavy infantry and armour. Only lasted for another seven or so minutes.

arma4ps4.jpg

So tempting to open fire on the UAZ, but the btr would rip me a new one. many tanks plus infantry followed, none of them seeing me.

armanotworthitgu9.jpg

i only wish these servers played this campaign at night. So satisfying to see illuminated rounds flying downrange.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
6th Sense, IC, and quite a few others, you do really have to "join up" to play this game.

Wich is the reason i started the co-op group here hehe :)
There are no restrictions and or any kind of commitments required, just a fun group to play with from time to time.

And for Ralf:
The reason i was having those graphical problems wasnt down to vanilla ArmA, but to a rather hefty mod wich splashed water into my face while on the boat. Once i got out of the boat, the animation of water splashing would not end.
But that splashing is not a default ArmA thing but came from the mod, wich caused the trouble.

Upvote 0
Hey 51 :)
I've been playing your mission for a while, and i must say i like it.
The idea of being a support unit for a change is nice.
Got something to mention though: while playing i had no idea what the status of the assaulting teams was. Wether they had taken their objectives or not, so i couldnt really tell yet when to evacuate them.

Second thing is the fact your a medic. There is nothing wrong with that in basics but it led to some annoying moments where a NPC would run up to me during a firefight and started healing. I couldnt do anything against, or about it, and i just sat there in the open being a nice target.

And a small text message that pops up when you make a radio call would be nice as well.
Just something to let you know what you did.

For the rest it's a nice mission, enough challenge, it seemed nicely balanced.
Just those couple of small details for that extra bit of polish and i say we have a winner.

Upvote 0