• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

PC Gaming is counting on Red Orchestra 2

[MAGOG]Kruelgor

Mar 6, 2011
Just pre-purchased Red Orchestra 2 - Digital Deluxe Edition on Steam.

I honestly don't see why FPS games are popular on consoles. I tried it a few times and it was ridiculous trying to move the cross hair around the screen, just absurd, but YET there seems to be this movement over to the consoles for such titles.

I've got into a lot of arguments against the console fan boys and they seem to think PC gaming is a dying organism. I hope Red Orchestra 2 proves them bastards wrong and reignites PC gaming to new heights.

Last edited:
hell yea PC gaming never died, as myslef i just cant freaking stand a controller in FPS, already got some pain aiming with a mouse, imagine with a controller that can be worst :S ive always been a PC gamer, and its will stay that way, heck there many game that cant go into console and must be on a PC

Upvote 0
Funny you should say that. I play all my FPS games on consoles, but I just bought a gaming PC specifically for RO2 and ARMA3. I used to game on the PC in the PS1/PS2 days but after the Xbox came out I enjoyed Xbox Live and voice chat so much that I converted. Return to Castle Wolfenstein on XBL was my first real online experience with tactical team gameplay and voice coms.

I still ordered BF3 on X360 even though my PC will run it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I've got into a lot of arguments against the console fan boys and they seem to think PC gaming is a dying organism.

Fortunately they're wrong, but it seems like the dumbing-down of PC gaming is the result.

WE WANT MODS, DAMNIT! :mad:

Thank god for companies like TWI and BIS not selling out.

Reactions: billyboy
Upvote 0
There are more people using console because it's easy to use and you can have a good time with them. I sometime also like to play on my couch with a game pad it's not the same thing it's more laid back no need to hate them because they enjoy gaming a different way.

The ones I ran into seem to be the haters, for some reason. It was almost like they were jealous or something.

Reactions: CrazyFingers
Upvote 0
hell yea PC gaming never died, as myslef i just cant freaking stand a controller in FPS, already got some pain aiming with a mouse, imagine with a controller that can be worst :S ive always been a PC gamer
Same with me, but the same goes for the other way around. I have friends that can't use kb/m to save their lives, even some that game on PC with a controller simply because it is what they are used to. That's all that counts, really, what you are used to.

Upvote 0
Why are console FPS games so popular? It's the same reason that iPods and iPhones and Blackberrys are so popular. It's called a trend.

It's the younger generation who did not grow up with Doom and Quake and Half-Life. They don't know what PC gaming is like. PCs are just for Youtube and Facebook to them.
I never played Doom, Quake, or Half-life. I got into PC gaming from Battlefield, Total War, and Star Wars games.

Upvote 0
Why are console FPS games so popular? It's the same reason that iPods and iPhones and Blackberrys are so popular. It's called a trend.

It's the younger generation who did not grow up with Doom and Quake and Half-Life. They don't know what PC gaming is like. PCs are just for Youtube and Facebook to them.

I'm ashamed to be a part of this "Younger generation" :(
But I'm proud to be a PC gamer! To me it just seems the only real way to be a 'hardcore gamer'.

Upvote 0
Most the people I know ask what games I play on the computer, cant answer because all theyve heard of are battlefield and cod :\

Ha I have the same problem but I just wait until theyre over hanging out, and throw them onto the simulation. Pretty much all my buddies ended up liking ARMA, but I know what you mean as far as most only knowing COD and BF.

But I don't think pc gaming is dying. There are 400-800 people playing Star Wars: Jedi Knight Jedi Academy right now, guarenteed.

PC gaming isn't dead or dying. It just retreated and is hiding in a dark corner like SW:JKJA, IL-2 Strumovik, or Ghost Recon: IT, waiting for the next great game to come out, and probably trolling console fans from said corner.... :IS2:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
My brother also cant use the sticks, also his son is on same level with him they can only use one stick somewhat good.

But ofcourse mouse is more accurate.

My dad grabs the controller in a way where his index finger and thumb are both controlling the rotation stick. He has to re-adjust his whole hand to get to the trigger.

It quite honestly is one of the funniest things I have ever seen, watching him play with the right thumb stick is like watching a baby play with a nipple on a titty. But then hes upset a second later when he gets shot and tea bagged by some kid from Britain. The weird thing is that he somehow beat hardcore and got 1000/1000 achievements on COD 2. :D:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Funny you should say that. I play all my FPS on consoles, but I just bought a gaming PC specifically for RO2 and ARMA3. I used to game on the PC in the PS1/PS2 days but after the came out I enjoyed Xbox Live and voice chat so much that I converted. Return to Castle Wolfenstein on XBL was my first real online experience with tactical team gameplay and voice coms.

I still ordered BF3 on X360 even though my PC will run it.

tisk tisk wasting money on bf3 for console half the players half the map size and dumbed down graphics whats the point?

Upvote 0