• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

was barracks supposed to be a Russian defense map?

gimpy117

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 6, 2011
Michigan
Feels like that to me. After playing ti many times, It feels like somebody was going to make it a map for Russians to defend on (hence the placed Russian Mg's but then decided to make it one where Russians or Germans can cap. Personally, I feel the map would be much better if it was time limited for German attack. There is some very epic stands for Russia in the admin. house, and it just feels like the Germans have too easy of a time moving up anyways.

The worst one I think it's called the Commisar's house. It has 2 tanks, snow level, daytime, and theres a red building in the centre which is the first territory. That map is so bad, it's pathetic. Germans just run for 20 seconds and are immediately able to spawn camp the **** out of the Russians. Their is almost no cover beside chest high walls, and a few bigger ones, so it's just a massive gang-rape when fighting a decent team. TWI seriously need to fix that map, it's so bad.

Upvote 0
Played the German single player campaign, one mission you play as the Germans taking the whole map. Frankly I found it MUCH funner because I fought over these really neat objectives you NEVER do because the multiplayer map bogs down in the center objectives.

Map would be much better as an attack and defend map than the current center grind fest it is now.

Upvote 0
Map would be much better as an attack and defend map than the current center grind fest it is now.
Many maps are like that, 50% of the map is wasted for spawn areas while the fighting always happens in the same buildings/area somewhere in the middle.
Tis is sad, and maps are alrdy small enough to offer any kind of.. non-repetitiveness(?).

Upvote 0
While I like all the maps so far I wished there wasn't so many duel attacking maps its done to keep the action at a fast pace.I just miss the pure defensive/attack maps it gave good atmosphere to the game.One side is dug in trying to hold ground and the other is attacking it makes a clear goal to victory.

As for the Russians attacking in stalingrad while they was on the defensive during the battle counter attacks was a big part of both sides doctrine.So both can have their attack maps and still be true to history.

Upvote 0
I like Barracks it doesn't feel as biased to one side to me. It's still slightly biased to Germans as they get more cover when moving from their spawn. If you try to flank an spawn kill the Germans what do you know they put trees an bushes in the way to mess you up. Those trees never seem to be there when its Germans spawn killing Russians though. Commisars house lol.

Upvote 0
same applies to allies...map is pretty mirrored ( and thus as boring as appartments..but that for other reasons ) and even...stop whineing ffs play more...:rolleyes:

doubtful. Germans have some nice places where they can setup a sniper or an mg and mow us down. and don't get me started about the stairwell 2 feet from the German side in administration that takes the Germans directly to the second floor

Upvote 0
I dont see why it cant be either or.

Either side can be elected attackers or defenders.

Defenders get less respawn and attackers get more.

And at the start of the map beginning it states if it is a Axis attack or Allies attack game.

This way would change the dynamic of the game itself... defenders would really have to work together to defend the objective and not go running off to secure the next.

Upvote 0