• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

Insurgency Mod ... EPIC THREAD OF DOOM

• It's Great! Check it out...NOW!!!

Votes: 55 26.6%
  • It's just OK -- worth downloading but...

Votes: 95 45.9%
  • It sucks buckets...

Votes: 57 27.5%

• Total voters
So,seriously,how is this mod? I've heard the update but some say it isnt that good still. I wanna download it but still 50-50...

Is it a bit like COD4, in anyway ( I have not played cod4, but seen some vids) or what could this mod be related to? Is there some good action? Any good moments can anyone share...?

Vladislav
Download it and see.

It's like Counter Strike Souce, but only with ironsights. It's very easy to play, especially if you are coming from a game like RO.

One thing is: if you running around and see someone don't try to go prone, get behind cover somewhere or move back if you are peeking around the corner - like what you would do in RO; instead pop up your sights and start firing at the mother****er. If he messes up his first shot, you got a chance to pop him.
You get used to this quite quickly too.

Also don't express any criticism on their website and be careful criticizing the game while playing (you might get flamed/teamkilled by 16year old insfanb0yz)

Upvote 0
So,seriously,how is this mod? I've heard the update but some say it isnt that good still. I wanna download it but still 50-50...

Is it a bit like COD4, in anyway ( I have not played cod4, but seen some vids) or what could this mod be related to? Is there some good action? Any good moments can anyone share...?

Vladislav

Yeah just download it and try. I've had some good moments, like this one time on Beta 2 where I was with another guy on the Insurgent team, typing things like ALLAH AKBAR, TAKBIR!" in chat, etc. And raping the USMC team. That was pretty funny.

Don't expect great gameplay though... it can be fun, but it's very broken right now.

Upvote 0
After having played about an hour now:

+ The additions to the HUD are great as is the overhead map, reduces the time to learn the levels a lot
+ teamwork is a lot easier to coordinate
+ class/weapon selection now works a lot better
+ guns look great, sounds are good

- maps are still very confuse
- movement still feels like on rails, kinda like in RO but worse
- the whole hitscan and hit detection thing in combination with the netcode are the biggest problem and are as bad as in beta 1: I have been killed three times in one game by people popping around corners... before I could actually see them. This turns the game into a reaction and ping fest. This and the mediocre map layout should be their primary focus next patch.

Upvote 0
The new Beta 2 made this game closer to CSS and didn't fix anything I didn't like about Insurgency.

New "realistic" features:

Pistol, grenades and smoke grenades for everyone!

Cones of fire!

Useless inaccurate machineguns!

Reduced damage for most weapons!

****ty inaccurate Dragunov on the insurgent side that still is no match for the M14.

FAIL.

This thing is forever deleted from my HD. Waiting 5 months for Beta 2 wasn't worth it at all.

Upvote 0
RnL isn't dead but they've already changed engines twice before (so maybe they will change again...yes before they were on source they were developing for other engines for those who don't know). This isn't a criticism of them by any means i have a good relationship with the guys over at RnL and their doing a fantastic job. Also they are desperate for animators! as is everyone else hence the slow progress. I hope things pick up for them and hope to see more from them soon.

Back on topic INS...i played it when it first came out it was kinda fun but it didn't really hold my attention for much time, seemed hard to hit things even by RO standards even when i got better at shooting sometimes it seemed a bit i don't really know but something feels off if you get me. Anways again it looks beautiful and i hope that anything i work on can be half as good.

p.s. RnL just launched an update while i was posting this

Upvote 0