• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

(KF2) Motion capture for animations

Benjamin

Grizzled Veteran
May 17, 2009
France
I've always thought the animations were rather rigid, and I believe this affects the feel of the game greatly. It's true that the graphics in this game are lower spec compared to other games of the time, and I strongly feel that improved animations alone would make a big difference in this area.

So TWI, if you guys are planning on making a sequel I urge you to look into motion capture for the animations. I know that (at least in the past) motion capture has been fairly expensive technology, but seeing as this is 2011 and you guys have had a lot of success, I'm sure you guys can afford it.

This video gives an example of the difference in animation quality you'd see if using motion capture, although admittedly the specimens are running a bit fast to see how natural and smooth they are:

YouTube - Left 4 Gormless Tossers 2 - Killing Floor Crossover Test

Yes, we used a Mocap studio to record animation for Heroes of Stalingrad. Infact we used the same team that did the mocap for Avatar (the good movie, not the Shamalama movie).

That movie had so much potential until Shamalama became director. He hasn't made a good movie since Independence Day. Trees causing the apocolypse? REALLY?

Back on topic:eek:, I support this should a KF2 come about:D

Upvote 0
I've always thought the animations were rather rigid, and I believe this affects the feel of the game greatly. It's true that the graphics in this game are lower spec compared to other games of the time, and I strongly feel that improved animations alone would make a big difference in this area.

So TWI, if you guys are planning on making a sequel I urge you to look into motion capture for the animations. I know that (at least in the past) motion capture has been fairly expensive technology, but seeing as this is 2011 and you guys have had a lot of success, I'm sure you guys can afford it.

This video gives an example of the difference in animation quality you'd see if using motion capture, although admittedly the specimens are running a bit fast to see how natural and smooth they are:

YouTube - Left 4 Gormless Tossers 2 - Killing Floor Crossover Test

I stumbled on this by just sheer luck the other day i thought that cross over looked amazeing and props to who ever did it =)

Upvote 0