• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Code version mismatch

GrumpyGuy

Dec 13, 2010
I was fooling around with a little Mut i was working on. Simple just gives a set dosh amount and never changes. But i wanted to update it but i always get a version mismatch when i try to play it on my server.

How do i change the version . Do i have to rename each class or is there a faster way.

Version mismatch means there is a package on the server that is different than on the client. If this is your own package you simply need to make sure both client and server are using the latest version you made. If this is a retail package; Unreal Engine doesn't work like this. Modifications are made by adding new classes rather than changing existing ones.

Upvote 0
Is a pain to change the name of the mutator, you must delete de .u, .ucl and/or .int files from your System folder.(im assuming that the error of missmatch is produced in the same PC where the mutator was compiled)

The other clients will download the mutator to his cache and the cache can handle diferent versions with no problem, if a problem exist, the cache downloads again the mutator's files (.u, utx, esx,etc).

Last edited:
Upvote 0