• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

First Patch Coming Today

So far we've been unable to reproduce the issues with progression not working locally. We know a lot of people are saying they are having issues, but so far we can't get it NOT to work. We're looking into it, and as soon as we can reproduce the issue we'll get right on fixing it.

One thing to be aware of is that you have to finish a round for the stats to be saved. We're going to add some messaging in an update soon to make people aware of this.

Maybe if "unranked" servers didn't show up as "ranked" we'd have less of a problem but when a server is listed as "ranked" and progression does NOT work on this server, it's going to be considered as the progression system not working.

I sure would like to play the game without it running at a stuttery 30fps on high settings. Right now though this game is on standby as I can't simply play a game that looks like this to get a playable framerate and non-working progression makes playing frustrating beyond belief.

Not satisfactory for a 5870, and certainly not for two of them.

Attachments

• 2011-09-14_00005.jpg
    2011-09-14_00005.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Yay!

But after this update, performance fixes and ppsh fix please! Its recoil is making the allied assault class quite useless, which makes the balance between axis and allies even worse.

Is there any chance you could negociate a Frostbite 2 engine license for the next game?
No troll, don't flame, just asking. You gotta admit, a TWI game on Frostbite 2, it's a gamer wet dream.

You're not serious. Frostbite 2? No. Just.... no.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rrralphster
Upvote 0
So far we've been unable to reproduce the issues with progression not working locally. We know a lot of people are saying they are having issues, but so far we can't get it NOT to work. We're looking into it, and as soon as we can reproduce the issue we'll get right on fixing it.

One thing to be aware of is that you have to finish a round for the stats to be saved. We're going to add some messaging in an update soon to make people aware of this.

Hey Ramm, thanks for the update. I know you are slaving away to fix stuff, but is there by chance a gremlin working through the ranked server applications and how long they are likely to take? I think that is probably one of the reasons a lot of people think their stats are not recording.

Thanks for the hard work.

Upvote 0
Is there any chance you could negociate a Frostbite 2 engine license for the next game?
No troll, don't flame, just asking. You gotta admit, a TWI game on Frostbite 2, it's a gamer wet dream.

Actually it's my nightmare. Frorstbite 2 will not have any mod support. At all. At least that is what the devs over there said. I like mod support. I like community maps. Maybe the newly released cryengine3 might be worth looking into but not something that has no support for modding. Please.

Reactions: Pepto
Upvote 0
Jesus H Christ, you are tweaking weapons when the game is unplayable for so many people?
Umm, I don't say this often, but STFU.

Clearly you don't know how much of a game-breaking issue the AI tank MG gunners are in their current form -- they are basically a game-sponsored aimbot hack. So YES it needed to be patched right away, as any map with tanks on it was kinda ruined by this issue.

Regarding the update, thanks Ramm for keeping us updated.

Upvote 0

So if someone gets kicked for TK their honor won't be effected? Is a round a map change or 1/3 rounds in a map that seem to be standard.

As someone wrote, it seem to depend on the server whether your stats update or not.

Upvote 0

Hahaha.. Dude, they just released this game, they have lots of patching and DLC planed for this. So when they have added everything they want to this one.. Then maybe they can think of RO3 and by then there might be a frostbite 2.5 engine to use. ;)

Yay!

But after this update, performance fixes and ppsh fix please! Its recoil is making the allied assault class quite useless, which makes the balance between axis and allies even worse.

You're not serious. Frostbite 2? No. Just.... no.

Please stop complaining about the PPS.. I always play as German and I always try to steal a PPS because its way superior to the MP40 in room to room fighting due to its amazing rate of fire. The MP40 has a bit easier recoil to handle in full auto because of "worse" rate of fire, but the PPS is just as good at burst firing and it has an amazing rate of fire.

Upvote 0
I haven't found a single server except the TWI official server that has working level progression. My friends haven't either. If there is a way to find one please tell me because it's starting to piss me off. When clicking a server on the server browser it lists a stat called isRanked and even on the TWI official servers this stat is set to "no". So how the hell am I supposed to find a ranked server?

Reactions: Tukhachevskii
Upvote 0
Jesus H Christ, you are tweaking weapons when the game is unplayable for so many people?

What an incredibly ungrateful post. TWI cant win can they?

Since launch, TWI have faced a huge amount of criticisms and whining over the state of the release, for various reasons we are all aware of. Now, a mere two days after release, and they have the first patch out. That's is a phenomenal response speed in my eyes, and yet you still moan because whilst they were at the bug fixing, they've changed a gameplay variable which msut of taken all of 30 seconds.

I am not a TWI fanboy, I too am frustrated by some of the bugs and the performance issues. But, the game works, and I know that unlike other developers, TWI will strive to fix the errors as soon as they can. This very thread is proof of that, and it's still not quick enough for you. So I am happy to hold my tongue and wait for the final polish to be applied.

Some of the people on these boards need to calm down. Yes, you paid for the product. Yes, it is buggy and probably could have done with a couple more weeks work. But considering what an excellent game it is at it's core, and how little you paid for it, the level of whining, moaning and OMG REFUND NAOW! posts are pathetic. Especially when you consider that if this was released by a more mainstream developer, you'd probbaly be waiting a considerbaly longer for the first patch.

Get a grip.

Anyway, some appretiation: Ramm - thanks for the update (and while I'm here, for what I think is an overall great game), as expected you are working hard to fix the errors. If you don't mind me asking, is there any word on the performance issues? It would be nice to know if there was substance in the problem or if any optimisations had been identified.

Upvote 0
I haven't found a single server except the TWI official server that has working level progression. My friends haven't either. If there is a way to find one please tell me because it's starting to piss me off. When clicking a server on the server browser it lists a stat called isRanked and even on the TWI official servers this stat is set to "no". So how the hell am I supposed to find a ranked server?

Clan servers need to be approved before they can be ranked, and obviously with the other pressing issues and the inevitable backlog, it could be some time. As for the isRanked, that is something that needs a fix (assuming it isn't fixed with a browser change).

Upvote 0
Have patience my friend :) The game is a far higher priority than the SDK right now - people didn't pay money for the SDK :) You'll get your mapping tools I'm sure - just wait a few days for the main issues to be fixed first.

I know man. I'm just frustrated! being home all week, i was really looking forward to playing with it. oO F***ing wELL :rolleyes:

btw, i did buy the game because of the SDK.;)

Upvote 0