• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Music] People actually like this garbage?

Too each their own here is like saying I don't like Muammar Gaddafi but hey, to each their own, :D
Get used to that old fart smell cause that's what your going to smell like!:p

The generation has no clue where it's going because it has no direction and I'm not sold on the fan base thing. The masses will like anything you tell them to like, this is a prime example.

Their parents should be lined up and given one big slap down the line, with a fish, preferably a carp:D
That really isn't true dude... most college age kids at least (i.e. my age) are into at least SOME relatively obscure music, along with some popular stuff.

But anyways, ya people should be free to listen to whatever they want.

That said this band makes "Friday" sound great to my ears! But Friday at least makes me laugh like a nut. This just kinda depresses me.

Upvote 0
As a fan of most metal, including Punk, Hardcore Punk, Metalcore, and Post-hardcore, Heavy, tech melodeath, tech death, death, black, orchestral black, prog melodeath, prog, prog rock, rock, some pop, very little rap, and pretty much anything that you like i can say my music taste is varied in terms of metal; not so much in non-metal.

However i don't like Brokencyde. I didn't even last 5 seconds on the videos. I would much rather listen to the music of everyone else in this thread than that band.

IMO they are an abomination.

But each to their own. As it has been said, so shall it be.

I'm guessing you've heard of Unexpect and the Diablo Strings Orchestra then?

Of course, if you are into everything metal, the question is: do you like Pirate Metal?

Lol.

Upvote 0

Of course, if you are into everything metal, the question is: do you like Pirate Metal?

Lol.

Funny thing, i actually have heard of Unexpect :D; however not Diablo Swing Orchestra.

Edit: fixed swing, it's in italic. Also that's one thing that should've been in POTC :D

Though i'm going to look them up.

I'm always looking for new bands to listen to, since metal in general is awesome.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
That is so cool!

You'd be surprised what is out there in music; a trip through the back alleys of metal music can often lead to excellent catches!
its diablo swing orchestra.

and alestorm is boring, the only real pirate metal band is Running Wild.

O.O woops, SWING not STRINGS....I was in a classical mood I suppose, forgive me

Upvote 0

Lol.
:D. Just when I thought they couldn't come up with any more uber-cheezy metal subgenres...

Actually kinda sounds like a way heavier Flogging Molly :D.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This kinda begs the question "At what point does a genre become a gimmick?"

imo that point was passed a long time ago.

well, in my opinion, there is a fine line.

Fore example: Alestorm. That is a gimmick. Albeit, an entertaining gimmeck, it is not really a genre.

However, I hold to it that the Diablo Swing is less of a gimmeck; they are messing with genre lines, and doing it well, creating legitamate music that is not just new, but actually good. They do their job well, and experiment with what they can do. And to me, that's really where the line lies.

Upvote 0
Ugh, cant we let this thread die please? :p

Honestly though, these emo screamo kids make me want to punch them.
It's not even so much the fact that the music sucks, but rather the entire emo mentality.
Boohoohoo my life sucks, but i dont dare to end it. Dear god, man up! These people keep sitting there without taking action to change their life, even if it 'sucks so much'. They just seem to take great joy in whining, and it's almost like they have their own form of e-penisery.
Who's life sucks more? ROFL.
Because being in agony is SO cool. lol.

Upvote 0
emo screamo

I personally love the music and as such i have researched the meanings of the words, and i disagree with the way you are using them. It is incorrect.

I do agree with what you have to say about the mentality though :)
The music has developed beyond emo and the subgenre screamo, into post-hardcore and my favourite, metalcore.

People from all walks of life, if not that then some ;), listen to this and it's not just the stereotypical crowd any more.

Upvote 0