• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Russian Voice

Anyways after playing with the new patch i switched to the old russian sounds as the new one simply didn't cut for me. As russian i am able to tell which sounds are better.The new ones simply don't have emotions in them (which is kinda borings) Maybe the old ones were gramatically incorrect (can't really say that) but at least the author purred his imotions in them. Also the news insults simply...hmm. how do i put it....sissy style. You just need to be russian to understand them. The author insults the german as a little kid who grew up in a family that goes to church every sunday.Like bad words didn't exist at that time. Simply bad choice of words that actually ruins all the emotional feeling that i had when insultings the Fritzes while shooting the at Krasny Oktabr.So i thank a fella in this thread who posted the old sounds. I installed them and now very pleased. As for others who complain about the new sounds simply do as me and install the old ones, there is no need for a 6 pages whine thread about it.

Upvote 0
LMAO!!! Sasquatch!!!!

That was a spur of the moment thing.... I win LMAO!!!! pretty funny now that I realize it.... But man once you get me started there is no stopping! :D :D :D

My point is though..... it was very very very unnecessary to change the voices.....

Well, glad you're back on earth Geist :)

Yeah we know ;) But my mapping didn't go any slower because of it and neither did the bugfixing :) So, good to have you back amongst the living and install the old voices as mentioned somewhere else and enjoy the game ;)

Upvote 0
this is an inofficial dev speaking out;

i think its funny when we get pages and pages of complaints that the old sounds were bad and had too much swearing in them. and now, when something is done about it, we instantly get a farking SEVEN (to be continued) PAGE THREAD of complaints..

it kind of kills the joy of bringing new stuff to the fronts that we thought were going to be apprechiated.

Upvote 0
I have yet to hear the Russian voice commands while tankin' but from what I've heard of the new inf voices, I'm split between both new and old. However, I do miss the old "GO GO GO" I think it was the old voice actor in his top form. But to be honest all these voice commands both German/Russian would sound better if they were directional....;)

Upvote 0
Sgt._Geist is just local RO clown... every community needs it's clowns you know.

and u cant get mad at clowns so beat it devs.

Wrong again Stierlitz........ being a smart ass again....... this is twice now...... ur really not making any friends here now......

and besides..... Im just here voicing out bc RO is one of the best damn games Ive ever played.... since the mod version of 1.0... so listen up again smart ass!

Ive been here since the beginnig.... ive seen things change time and time again.... Im here to help RO...... I do not want to see RO become a piece of **** arcade game like DOD or CS........ with all the changes that happen..... some things are very unnecessary....... like adding new features that make it kinda arcadish......... for example..... and I really noticed it today and I HATE IT!!

I got around to playing with the stg44 today...... and I noticed a bullet count above my magazine..... for single and auto................

This is what Im talking about......... that should not have been added.... its unrealistic....... you should know if you switch it to single or full auto..... and if you dont know........ tough ****........ its your fault if you die......

adding a stupid auto or single indicator is just another way RO is becoming more arcadish.... Im for old school realism RO........ with some new improvements...... but that of all things should not be there! just like on map it shows what is being capped........ magical maps didnt exist in WW2............ TW has to stop being so god damn NUB friendly.... its a game that is supposed to have a STEEP LEARNING CURVE!! and if they dont like it......... they can play something else

Just the other day I got my friends hooked on RO....... you know why bc its different from other FPS games....... and you know what they pretty much did the whole time..... die alot........ and guess what...... they enjoyed it........ bc even though its hard at first they started to get better in a few hours........ and they where laughing as they got picked off from a distance running in the open....... or how they hid behind a wall as a MG fired at them raining bullets all around them........ or watching there team get massacred by an arty strike......... they fricken loved it.........

Last edited:
Upvote 0
this is an inofficial dev speaking out;

i think its funny when we get pages and pages of complaints that the old sounds were bad and had too much swearing in them. and now, when something is done about it, we instantly get a farking SEVEN (to be continued) PAGE THREAD of complaints..

it kind of kills the joy of bringing new stuff to the fronts that we thought were going to be apprechiated.

For what it's worth, I actually like the new voices just fine. I will say, however, that future cosmetic changes should be optional (IE: players can select voicepacks for avatars, whether they want to see old or new icons, etc.). That'd solve a LOT of the complaining you're seeing.

Upvote 0
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what exactly the Russians are saying for "Go Go Go!". It sounds like "Belrot" or something similar, but I can't find it in any dictionaries or online translators.

Спасебо in advance.

They are saying "Vpered" which literarly means Forward in russian.But it used here as to tell the other soldiers "Advance!"

Upvote 0