• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Commissar's House

Graphic

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 2, 2006
Nevada
There have been threads about map imbalances in general, but this is a special case that deserves special attention.

Its one of the most imbalanced maps I've ever played in a multiplayer FPS. If the Axis team has any inkling of how to play the game it will be nearly impossible to leave the spawn, let alone capture the first objectives.

You jump out of the windows on the left, you get sniped by people camping on the edge of the map. To the right you have a PzIV (or two) happily plugging away HE shells into the spawn (with his sniper trained hull machine gunner laughing his butt off) with near impunity thanks to the T-34/76's complete impotence.

The map needs much better protected starting spawn for Allies.

That's not even addressing the open fields devoid of cover you have to run across while dodging artillery shrapnel and rifle rounds, but one thing at a time.

This map's opening phase is a turkey shoot and its the only instance where I look upon the lockdown timer as a mercy instead of an annoyance.

Map is absolute garbage. It's really sad to play 2 rounds of Commissar's without even getting close to capping once then have the map switch to Spartanovka and see Axis cap A in the first 30 seconds. Since historical accuracy has been thrown out the window (6 MKb42s per team, seen hundreds of Mkb42/AVT-40 but 0 PPSh drum mags) can TWI try to balance this broken map? Or at least give the Axis their victory screen as soon as it loads so I don't have to suffer through 8 minutes of the least fun online experience I've ever had.

Reactions: Sgt.NightFire
Upvote 0
You can do this pretty much every time.

The round starts, you run to that tank and you will see 4-5 people running in your direction through their spawn doorway. I killed at least 4 people with 4 bullets in that scene, only 3 managed to get on the screenshot. This is the start of the match btw.

Turkey shoot.

Attachments

• 2011-09-17_00013.jpg
    2011-09-17_00013.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
There have been threads about map imbalances in general, but this is a special case that deserves special attention.

Its one of the most imbalanced maps I've ever played in a multiplayer FPS. If the Axis team has any inkling of how to play the game it will be nearly impossible to leave the spawn, let alone capture the first objectives.

You jump out of the windows on the left, you get sniped by people camping on the edge of the map. To the right you have a PzIV (or two) happily plugging away HE shells into the spawn (with his sniper trained hull machine gunner laughing his butt off) with near impunity thanks to the T-34/76's complete impotence.

The map needs much better protected starting spawn for Allies.

That's not even addressing the open fields devoid of cover you have to run across while dodging artillery shrapnel and rifle rounds, but one thing at a time.

This map's opening phase is a turkey shoot and its the only instance where I look upon the lockdown timer as a mercy instead of an annoyance.

Fully agreed. The PIV can sit on the left, guarded by a couple infantry to ward off engineers (who are completely and almost ridiculously exhausted due to the weight system), invulnerable to PTRS fire, and able to shrug off damage from the T-34 with ease, firing HE into the left spawn. As for the right spawn, that open doorway allows the Germans to fire rifle and machine gun fire straight into the small building. Add in arty, the open spaces, and the fact that the tank hull MG can see through smoke, and you end up with the Germans having 234 reinforcements when the allies lose in lockdown with 145.

I played as a Soviet engineer for two rounds on Commissar's just now. It took me eight nail-biting attempts to spawn on the left, run through arty and rifle fire, clear the water shed with whatever surviving allies were left, flank the PIV, and plant a satchel. And then I got Mkb42'd.

Ridiculous. We had a very competent commander who did his best with smoke and arty, and everyone on the team was at least receptive to communication.

Upvote 0
You can do this pretty much every time.

The round starts, you run to that tank and you will see 4-5 people running in your direction through their spawn doorway. I killed at least 4 people with 4 bullets in that scene, only 3 managed to get on the screenshot. This is the start of the match btw.

Turkey shoot.

Always see you little bastards behind that tank, lol.

Upvote 0
Why do people play the easy side? Every time I join a server always more players on German side (cause it easy) People should enjoy a challenge.

Anyway, a quick fix could let russians have 2 tanks to the german's 1. or 3-1

I play Axis because Axis will win, that is the only reason, Allies never win, why should they ever be played? I'd rather be a bit bored than angry.

Reactions: rudeboy
Upvote 0