• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why does every server have this turned on??

It seemed pretty clear to me the OP was asking servers to turn it off. I didn't see any clear indication he was demanding it be taken out of the whole game.

But I agree. So annoying to join a server that claims to be realism and then see the killcam which basically allows you one kill per location. A sniper cannot be effective with this restriction. Real life snipers don't work this way...they choose a hidden spot carefully so they can control an area without having to move after every kill which would be highly inefficient and even unnecessarily risky because taking up a new position often requires that you come out of cover and might be seen moving. They have to be discovered by living people... not through a seance with the dead. Having to pack up and find a new location (not just a different window, btw...the victim knows what room you're in) with every single kill is not realisitic.

I personally think it should be one of the things that automatically gets turned off when you turn on the highest realistic mode for your server, without even having to look for the setting in an ini file.

Upvote 0
I find the kill cam is much appreciated for any maps I am unfamiliar with. I would MUCH rather have the kill cam on while I am learning a map, and then play without it once I know all the spots I can be killed from.

Not knowing where you are getting shot from is incredibly frustrating because you cannot get any better without that information. If you don't know that it's possible to get to window X in building Y you won't look there for enemies when you come around the corner. That information is necessary to enjoy the game, but once you have all that information, the kill-cam is no longer needed and at that point only serves to reduce realism a bit.

Upvote 0
The real reason it's annoying is because it eats up valuable seconds in the "ready to spawn again" minigame that they have wonderfully implemented. Usually meaning you have to wait the full 18-25 seconds again for the next respawn, of course they could just implement "auto-ready" but all 3 people have complained saying that "auto-ready" makes people "unaware of the battlefield" so it's here to stay.

Oh yes, this. Kill cam is optional (and most servers I've been to haven't used it), but the spawn menu sadly isn't, and missing spawn because you didn't move your mouse fast enough to ready button or because it didn't register your first click .... AAARGH!!

Upvote 0
If I'm not mistaken, server side options like this appear in the lower left panel of the server browser when you click on a server. I'm going to verify this now, but I believe it is there.

EDIT: Nevermind, it is only very simple things that are displayed there.

So far though I've seen about 50/50 that have the kill cam enabled/disabled. Most if not all of the "tactical" or "realism" tagged servers (I have played on) have this disabled.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had been on 4 servers where it was clearly marked as 'realism' servers...I also had been shot on most of those servers as I moved towards the cap area{ therefore I wasn't friggin camping...although tactical advancement is how you're supposed to move through the maps }.
After I had been shot I saw 'exactly' where those shots came from...I could have re-spawned and shot the fecker...but instead I left as these aren't the servers Im looking for :)

Would it be possible to have a list of 'realism' servers without it enabled?

Any chance the guys who run servers without and posted in here could PM me the IP of the servers...would be very appreciated.

Or could TWI make this another server filter option?

Upvote 0