• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

HOS featured in Pc Gamer's "Big 10 of 2011" (new pic?)

Except CoD will likely be a November release as per usual, and BF3 we don't have anywhere near a dedicated release date (even so I would say earliest of Q4 2011, but more likely Q2 of 2012).

but there will still be enough copies of moh:le lying around that people will be jizzing in their pants at jets doing circlework in the bf3 beta, whether they can play it or not :eek:

Upvote 0
Hopefully they can beat BF3 and CoD MW3 out of the gate. These two games could destroy their sales.

It blows my mind that this is the mindset of a lot of gamers these days. Everything is a competition in sales, do whatever you can to move more units than the other guy.

This is what big names like EA and Activision have conditioned into peoples' heads as the marker for quality. Whether or not you outsold someone else.

Reactions: 213
Upvote 0
It blows my mind that this is the mindset of a lot of gamers these days. Everything is a competition in sales, do whatever you can to move more units than the other guy.

This is what big names like EA and Activision have conditioned into peoples' heads as the marker for quality. Whether or not you outsold someone else.

well I DO want money in my share dividends you know...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Except CoD will likely be a November release as per usual, and BF3 we don't have anywhere near a dedicated release date (even so I would say earliest of Q4 2011, but more likely Q2 of 2012).

People will be playing bf3 this summer.

My judgement on quality has absolutely nothing to do with sales. I'm a huge supporter of indie devs and buy countless underground games, I've probably got like 4-5 underground games on pre-order.

I'm talking about success. I want to see Tripwire do well, I know that a good number of the clique here, like yourself want to see RO stay under the radar, you want it to be your personal playground, you want to keep out the masses.

Who do you think is in the right? The ones who want to see underground games sell a million units, or the people who want the game to be their little niche charity case. I'd clap if I saw Activision declare bankruptcy, and I'd be heartbroken to see HoS sell 80k units.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oldih
Upvote 0
People will be playing bf3 this summer.

My judgement on quality has absolutely nothing to do with sales. I'm a huge supporter of indie devs and buy countless underground games, I've probably got like 4-5 underground games on pre-order.

I'm talking about success. I want to see Tripwire do well, I know that a good number of the clique here, like yourself want to see RO stay under the radar, you want it to be your personal playground, you want to keep out the masses.

Who do you think is in the right? The ones who want to see underground games sell a million units, or the people who want the game to be their little niche charity case. I'd clap if I saw Activision declare bankruptcy, and I'd be heartbroken to see HoS sell 80k units.

ROOST sold ~ 500,000 units. And I agree with you, I'd love for ROHOS to go out to the masses and sell a few million units. The more $$ TWI gets the faster the next game comes, and the more their scope can expand. (I want KF2!)

Upvote 0
ROOST sold ~ 500,000 units. And I agree with you, I'd love for ROHOS to go out to the masses and sell a few million units. The more $$ TWI gets the faster the next game comes, and the more their scope can expand. (I want KF2!)
Actually, more dosh doesn't really accelerate the next game hugely - but it does expand scope. We're not into the whole release-a-new-version-every-year mindset. Maybe a new add-on (a la Rising Storm) - but not whole new games.

Upvote 0
Actually, more dosh doesn't really accelerate the next game hugely - but it does expand scope. We're not into the whole release-a-new-version-every-year mindset. Maybe a new add-on (a la Rising Storm) - but not whole new games.

Thats why we love you, its just not re-skinned versions coming out every year a `la Call of Duty :)

Upvote 0

Thank you for that. I hate how people fall for CoD every year, it's so depressing watching the stereotypical gamers buy into what's really a scam.

Upvote 0