• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

After playing RO2 for 5 hours, I am new a hero.

Petrovich

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 2, 2006
So, something very weird happened today. I was just having some fun in RO2. And suddenly I get a message telling me something along the lines of that I have been chosen for higher command. I just pressed accept and moved on. Suddenly I respawn, and I have a MP40-2...I noticed that I had 2 magazines on it.

Now, I was rather shocked, so I told my friend. He told me that I was now a hero. So to check, I left that server and checked my stats. All my weapons all of a sudden were leveled up to crazy levels. I took many screenshots in case people didn't believe me. On top of being a hero, I also got a random string of achievements assigned to me. According to my achievements I have killed over 1000 people. I'm not sure if I am supposed to be a hero or what not...but yay!

EDIT: Can someone change the "new" in the topic title to "now" -_- I typo'd.

Screenshots:
118073602-4.jpg

118073608-4.jpg

118073621-4.jpg

118073626-4.jpg

118073632-4.jpg

118073641-4.jpg

118073976-4.jpg

118073980-4.jpg

118073983-4.jpg

118073991-4.jpg

118074007-4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jorg Biermann1
Stats and levelling is still kinda in beta.

Hopefully they will wipe and start again. Unless they intend for people to give zero value to them. Not that they will mean much anyway, its mostly a gauge of /timeplayed. A lot of people take this stuff seriously though and want to level up legitimately, without people who got their levels through bugs or exploits

Last edited:
Upvote 0
23tihbr.jpg

At some point between 8:43 PM and 8:43 PM last night I entered Beast Mode and stabinated at least 50 enemies in what must have been an epic bloodbath worthy of a slasher film. I seem to remember bayoneting about 8 enemies over the course of last evenings play.

2mwee7o.jpg

Much to the silent rage of a few of my clanmates I also magically spawned with the drum mag for the ppsh last night. It's a very handy item. You can hose down huge sections of wall the enemy is hiding behind without much thought to reloading. I estimate my real level should be around 11 or 12 at this point.

2vweolf.jpg

I'm not even sure what to say about this.

Tripwire is in a bad spot. I think resetting will piss off thousands of players. I don't mind the leveling/achievments features but I'd rather they just had done it like RO1 where weapons are the same for everyone and they introduced achievments at some later point to reinvigorate interest in the game for those who like that stuff.

Anyway, tomorrow I'm hoping to spawn with my Nazi jetpack/Spear of Destiny combo and be Admiral of the Volga Flotilla.

:IS2:

Upvote 0