• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Afew ideas for possible improvements Weapon-wise (authenticity and realism in mind)

If I were Secretary of Defense, the M14 would be a much more commonly seen weapon in the U.S. military. (Until I could procure something better.)

AR 10:
ar10.jpg

Inline stock means recoil has no wrist to make the muzzle rise, and the recoil goes straight back into the shoulder. It's also the ancestor of the AR 15; from which the M16/M4 are derived.

SR25:
122.jpg

Same stats as the AR 10.

SCAR-H:
04239oq2.jpg

All these are better rifles than the M14. :)

Hell, i'll even throw in a G3:
g3-sg1-2.jpg

The good thing about the G3 is that you can see through the scope mount and use the iron sights. :)

Upvote 0
Nice choices, CandleJack. We have a G91 and a de-milled CETME "C" here in the household armory, so I'm well-acquainted with that type of rifle. I'm not too crazy with the cocking handle location on those. (I'd hate to need to believably animate it within a 1st person shooter.)

I mentioned the M14 because the U.S. still has quite a few on-hand, and they are reliable and deadly accurate. (I can attest they are pretty heavy, too.)

Have you seen this one? Not a 7.62mm, but...

YouTube - Beretta ARX-160 - SHOT Show 2011 - AR15.Com

Maybe for Killing Floor VII.
OK, maybe not...

Looks like the LAR is chambered for the .30-30 Winchester. That round is certainly a crowd-pleaser. This is probably documented somewhere, but I happened across this while doing a little mapping.

Attachments

• mt3030win.jpg
    mt3030win.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
I mentioned the M14 because the U.S. still has quite a few on-hand, and they are reliable and deadly accurate. (I can attest they are pretty heavy, too.)

The ammo is as well. If I'm mobile, I'd take an m16 and a few hundred more rounds of ammo (and still have the weight savings) over the m14 any day. And if was staying urban, the m4.

Upvote 0
Nice choices, CandleJack. We have a G91 and a de-milled CETME "C" here in the household armory, so I'm well-acquainted with that type of rifle. I'm not too crazy with the cocking handle location on those. (I'd hate to need to believably animate it within a 1st person shooter.)

Have you seen this one? Not a 7.62mm, but...

YouTube - Beretta ARX-160 - SHOT Show 2011 - AR15.Com

Maybe for Killing Floor VII.
OK, maybe not...

Looks like the LAR is chambered for the .30-30 Winchester. That round is certainly a crowd-pleaser. This is probably documented somewhere, but I happened across this while doing a little mapping.

Words cannot express the level of want i have right now. :D

I know what you mean about the CETME, i'd have to reach over the weapon with my off hand to use the cocking handle :(

Also, how about something a little different to your average M14?

Spoiler!

EDIT: Not quite sure why some n00b downrated my last post without reason, maybe they derped out a fair bit.

Reasonless downrating because they're too much of a coward to say anything:
544aa025-8d95-4387-9181-151bbb6f2df9.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
...Not quite sure why some n00b downrated my last post without reason, maybe they derped out a fair bit.

Reasonless downrating because they're too much of a coward to say anything...

It would seem that, strange as it sounds, we have a few zed-shooters who apparently don't care much for guns. Nothing wrong with that, of course, but it does seem a bit harsh to berate someone's reputation over it. In an actual zombie-apocalypse, they would, presumably, resort to a rolled-up edition of the New York Times as a weapon.

Upvote 0
It's no big deal, but it does bother me for I am keen of authenticity when portraying real life weapons in games, I believe that is the point of having them there in the first place right?
Actually, the point in them is to be used as tools for killing Specimens. They are not simply there just to look realistic and promote real stuff...

And Secondly, as stated many times the EBR's Ironsights are a hassle, I can't complain too much about them but considering the price tag on the gun and its tier, this weapon well deserves a scope
I disagree. M14 is fine as it is; use the laser more. The M14 is an upgrade to the Lever Action, allowing players to cap multiple headshots at midrange with the Lever Action holding a damage advantage and reload disadvantage. It makes sense (at least, to me) that such headshot streaks and kills should be limited to mid-range where possible in order to prevent majority of specimens from become far less of a threat because of them being one-shotted from across the entire planet.

The MP5 is an extremely popular weapon with law enforcement especially in the UK
And the Bullpup is an extremely popular weapon with the British military forces.

Nothing wrong with these suggestions, but I don't care for any of them.

It seems we have a troll cyclone hitting us, like what's happening up north from here.
Actually, I just don't find them to be particularly constructive, that's all; nothing to do with trolling. You're just throwing up pictures of guns you'd like to replace ones we already have; something that you probably know by now will never happen.

Last edited:
Reactions: aesdana
Upvote 0
I like how the mere mention of another weapon made the M14 turn all-but invisible for a whole page. The weapon is literally so bad that no one wants to even acknowledge it anymore.

And when it IS mentioned, people are talking about what guns they'd rather have. LOL. The M-14 EBR is now the official joke weapon of Killing Floor.

Also,
New Beserker weapon. Fire Axe + Sledgehammer = Defiler
Dead_rising_Defiler.png

LOL. Submit that on the TF2 forums with a semi-witty name and it'll probably be in the next update. Bonus points if it ends up for a class that it'd look ridiculous for, like the Heavy. God, that game is a mess now.

Upvote 0
Actually, I just don't find them to be particularly constructive, that's all; nothing to do with trolling. You're just throwing up pictures of guns you'd like to replace ones we already have; something that you probably know by now will never happen.

You are incorrect on that one.

I'm merely pointing out which weapons similar to the M14 happen to perform better than it at the same job.

Never did i say i wanted them to replace anything.

And you're the first person to say anything about them.

No one else has said anything, and i pity them for not using the forums for their intended purpose: discussion.

Don't like my posts? Say why.

Upvote 0
I liked your post to get the deserved respect back CandleJack. :eek:
Also, wher in Victoria do you live? I'm in Cranbourne, bout a 45 minute trip from the city. One of the main suburbs you go through on the way to Phillip Island...

Anyway, I thought we'd get back on track here. I like the idea of the bullpup having a flashlight not for the benefit of the Commando himself, but rather to provide illumination for the rest of the team. (as stated before) I see no reason thatit needs to benefit only the Commando, or why just because he can see enemy health why he shouldn't be able to have a flashlight. That doesn't make any sense. Even if it isn't on the Bullpup, that is fine, but I believe that it could certainly be useful on a Commando weapon.

Reactions: Rhenna
Upvote 0
I liked your post to get the deserved respect back CandleJack. :eek:
Also, wher in Victoria do you live? I'm in Cranbourne, bout a 45 minute trip from the city. One of the main suburbs you go through on the way to Phillip Island...

Anyway, I thought we'd get back on track here. I like the idea of the bullpup having a flashlight not for the benefit of the Commando himself, but rather to provide illumination for the rest of the team. (as stated before) I see no reason thatit needs to benefit only the Commando, or why just because he can see enemy health why he shouldn't be able to have a flashlight. That doesn't make any sense. Even if it isn't on the Bullpup, that is fine, but I believe that it could certainly be useful on a Commando weapon.

I'm over about 10mins from Ballarat myself.

And rather than the bullpup as it is, i suggest a slight model change to accommodate both the foregrip it has now and a torch (americans, read flashlight):

Spoiler!

I wish to suggest adding picatinny rails above the foregrip to hold a torch, because i believe that a torch on the bullpup would be a good feature for those non-commando users. As far as implementation goes, adding a small amount of detail doesn't seem that difficult.

Upvote 0
Why not just sharpen the end of a maul?
Because then it wouldn't be silly, silly!
EDIT: Not quite sure why some n00b downrated my last post without reason, maybe they derped out a fair bit.
Probably people that agree with DeafMute.
DeafMute said:
Jesus you guys. KF firearms != real life firearms. No one except other gun nerds actually cares whether or not the bullpup is perfectly true to the weapon it's modeled after.
That they down rate you because they're annoyed at you enjoying yourselves in the knowledge of guns :L
I don't understand a word youse're sayin', but I don't down rate. I just skim past... Perhaps they should too.
I like how the mere mention of another weapon made the M14 turn all-but invisible for a whole page. The weapon is literally so bad that no one wants to even acknowledge it anymore.

And when it IS mentioned, people are talking about what guns they'd rather have. LOL. The M-14 EBR is now the official joke weapon of Killing Floor
The weapon that had potential, but never really got there... It's like the bad child in a family D:

LOL. Submit that on the TF2 forums with a semi-witty name and it'll probably be in the next update. Bonus points if it ends up for a class that it'd look ridiculous for, like the Heavy. God, that game is a mess now.
Actually, the Pyro uses a Sledgehammer (Homewrecker) and the Fire Axe (Fire Axe), so if anything it'd be a Pyro weapon... What a befitting image for the Moustache and rubber glove on the head, huh?

Last edited:
Upvote 0