• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can't run it on Ultra with a 5 year old PC? This guy can, somehow.

DarkWolf

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Alright then. Be amazed at this.

This guy... Oh boy...

This guy, has a system with these specs: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/naamlooswb.png/http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/15/naamlooswb.png/

Now, what do you expect his performence is? 30 FPS on low? Maybe even unplayable?

Yeah, guess again. He plays it all on High/Ultra with no problem whatsoever.

He claims he has no trouble running the game, at all. Not even on 64 man servers and large maps such as Red Oktober Factory and Fallen Fighters. The only complaint he has is that he can't see dismemberment and bullet holes.

Performence might just scale with not how GOOD your hardware is, but how BAD it is. Maybe I can play the game on Ultra with a Windows 95 and a Pentium 4? Who knows. Screenshots for those who aren't willing to believe it, down below. If he plays with Shadows on Normal, he can play it smoothly.

Last edited:
Of COURSE he can! Outside of the Win7 64bit, that's the kind of machine the game was developed on! Sheesh, it has wides screen probs because it was developed on a standard aspect ratio monitor!

It's the rest of us with 2 year old to new, mid-to-high range systems with wide screen monitors that have the problems!

Upvote 0
You're mistaking the ability to RUN the game with the ability to actually be able to play the game on those settings with acceptable performance.

With this game it was never the question of being able to run it on highest details, it was the question of being able to run it on ANY details with acceptable performance ;)

Upvote 0
You call a QUAD CORE CPU 5 years old?

Wtf are you talking about?
Not that far off the mark. I have a Q6600 - one of the first (cheap) quads, and that came out four and a half years ago.

But I think this guys success is no suprise. His specs arent half bad, and getting it to all run at highest settings on such a tiny resolution wont demand a super expensive setup.
If you want to play at a decent resolution though, youll simply need more horsepower.

Upvote 0
Even if he has a crap video card he still has a quad core and 4gigs of ram, and plays it at 23fps. I dont see whats strange here.

Honestly? This. This describes my setup pretty much. I play it on medium to hit 30+ FPS. The fact he can push it ultra and get 24 FPS isn't necessarily impressive....seems more like it's out of context when shown through screen shots.

I'm pretty sure a game play video would not be as flattering.

Upvote 0
Not that far off the mark. I have a Q6600 - one of the first (cheap) quads, and that came out four and a half years ago.

But I think this guys success is no suprise. His specs arent half bad, and getting it to all run at highest settings on such a tiny resolution wont demand a super expensive setup.
If you want to play at a decent resolution though, youll simply need more horsepower.

Wait, what? Now I need to buy a horse to run this game? That's where I draw the line, that's just Too Much!!!! :mad:

:D

Upvote 0