• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MG34 range settings

Well most of the time I am being on the second floor shooting people with an MG.

I always aim at the feet due how the bullet travels from a high position.
Just like I do when playing arma.
By the time you pull the trigger the opponent is moved a second.

It is called leading the target.
If he is moving towards you; aim at his feet
If he is moving away from you; aim above him

same goes for advancing left and right you lead them.

Applies always, unless they are not moving :p

Upvote 0
Yeah, I notice often at close ranges it's hard to hit things with higher calibre weapons. Especially the rifle. What do I do, aim below them? You should be able to zero your weapons to point-blank. It's not like it was impossible, or was it?

"Aim low" is precisely what you do. Firearms of that era commonly had rear sights with the lowest possible setting at 100 or even 200 meters(Be thankful you're not using an M91 as the Russians, they had old style sights set to 200m at the least).

So when shooting at targets, say, 50m away aim just a hair lower than you would at the default range of 100m. The difference is not as pronounced as the RL counterparts may fire at(varies from firearm to firearm, even the same make and model. I've got an M39 that shoots dead center at 100m when sighted for 150m.).

Upvote 0