• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Balancing the Mac-10

1. Reduce magazine capacity to 20.
2. Reduce bullet damage by 20%
3. Allow weapon to be dual-wielded.
4. Increase base cost to $750 per.

Sounds right? =D

Sounds like you didn't try it unperked. :IS2:

I propose:

• Slightly reduce the "burning" damage when used with firebug.
  • Slightly reduce recoil.
  • Increase reload speed by a tad.
  • Allow dual-wielding. (

Upvote 0

Sounds right? =D

Then it will be as powerfull as a 9mm...no.
I think it is as powerfull as a handcannon but with accuracy of the medicgun then it don't must have less power than yet.

As C_Gibby i think about a dual welding weapon because the caracetre take it only with one hand and it isn't enough powerfull to be alone.

You earn firebug damage only using the mac 10 with this perk and you must let it on fire to level up the perk then it don't must be balance to be less powerfull.

Upvote 0
This is the .45ACP Mac-10, with a 30-round mag and insane recoil when you use it wrong.

It's fine as it is, my only criticisms is the one-handed hold, which screams dual-wielding, and the folded stock.

Srsly, why wouldn't you extend the stock on a fully automatic .45ACP submachine gun?

Apart from this gun-nut criticism, i find it a nice weapon :)

Although i kinda expected it :D due to the Mac-11 being made before; i expected that, and we got this. So i was half-right.

Upvote 0

Sounds right? =D

No the mac is good as is. It has crazy high recoil and it sprays its clip fast
and pretty much is the best weapon for firebugs to defend itself from skrakes and husks. Its not OP at all

Upvote 0

Sounds right? =D

No, that doesn't sound right at all.

The mag size would be totally unrealistic; which is a pet peeve for people like me. 30 rounds of .45ACP is the standard for the Mac-10, 32 for 9x19mm Parabellum.

The bullet damage is fine, it's a .45ACP SMG. If it was a 9x19mm Luger SMG then i'd be inclined to agree with you; but it's not so i don't.

I'd say yes to this simply because the 1st person animation looks very much like dual-wielding is intended some time in the future. nudge, nudge TWI.

The increase in weight would be ok, if Firebug got a discount on it. Firebug doesn't kill many high-bounty targets very often if at all, so making them fork out more of their sparse dosh doesn't seem kind to me; without a discount.

I appreciate your attempts at this, but as they saying goes; if it ain't broke don't fix it. :)

Upvote 0
I'd rather have a proper first person stance with either a hand gripping the front strap, or around the supressor if need be. Onehanded automatic weapons is kinda dumb, and dualwielding anything is only funny when done in Hong Kong action movies.

As far as i know, there is no front grip at all.

And one of the reasons the Mac-10's suppressor is so large is to it doubles as a hand grip; which is something the 3rd person model gets right.

Changing the first person model to have a two handed grip would be better; i agree with you there.

Upvote 0

Sounds right? =D

Sounds like someone came up with those just so he can dual-wield it. Personally, I like it the way it is. Unperked, it isn't all that useful to other kits, but invaluable to us Firebugs.

Upvote 0
No, that doesn't sound right at all.

The mag size would be totally unrealistic; which is a pet peeve for people like me. 30 rounds of .45ACP is the standard for the Mac-10, 32 for 9x19mm Parabellum.

Depending on the manufacturer, it is 30. There are plenty of 10 and 20 round magazines as well. That's like saying an M4/M16 should only have 30 rounds. There are 20 round box mags.
http://www.ammunitionstore.com/products/MAC10-Magazine-20-Round-9mm-National-Magazine-Mfg.html
Who knows? Maybe the trader only had 20 round magazines. There's no reason to say the M4 MUST have 30 bullets when you can get a 20 round box magazine. I mean, look at the MP7. How'd you fit 40 bullets in the 20 round base mag at Level 5?

Then it will be as powerfull as a 9mm...no.
I think it is as powerfull as a handcannon but with accuracy of the medicgun then it don't must have less power than yet.

As C_Gibby i think about a dual welding weapon because the caracetre take it only with one hand and it isn't enough powerfull to be alone.

You earn firebug damage only using the mac 10 with this perk and you must let it on fire to level up the perk then it don't must be balance to be less powerfull.

The only way to level up the perk is to ironically not shoot them in the head. Meaning you are rewarded in perk leveling for NOT having good aim.

Sounds like someone came up with those just so he can dual-wield it. Personally, I like it the way it is. Unperked, it isn't all that useful to other kits, but invaluable to us Firebugs.

It would be less overpowered if they cost more or were weaker, because as it stands, you can just stockpile 10 of them, go crazy with full auto, and grab another. The gun itself makes Firebugs have a lightweight crowd control gun that puts the AK-47 to shame.

---

The biggest issue I have with it is that it is inherently not a Firebug-leveling friendly gun. It is easier to level with the flamethrower in crowd control simply because you can only shoot the front targets to get fireproc. If you get a headshot, no XP for you. It then becomes a "should I slaughter them, or should I farm fire damage from them" argument. The point of lowering the capacity is to make it more appropriate to dual wield. I'm sure people would have a field day with 94 ammo Dual Mac-10s. The damage decrease is offset by the increased rate of fire, and also allows firebugs to get more out of their fire proc, which I assume would be the purpose of this weapon: to level the firebug.

Dual wielding makes it more practical for a Firebug to effectively crowd control with a spammable, or effectively snipe with a single.

Also consider that after the first wave you can easily buy 3 or 4 of these things, you could stock an entire team of low-level basically with one high-level Firebug, and then farm Waves 1-6 with crazy Procs.

In other words, this gun is basically the overpowered replacement to the M14 for Firebugs. High ammo capacity, low cost, super-high accuracy in semi-fire, crowd control, fire procs, and allows you to main a crossbow as backup (the only other class that gets a decent primary and XBow would be Sharp itself)...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hmm there is a prob here...
What is the problem of the MAC 10?
attachment.php

And yes the MAC 10 has the same sound like the AK with silent accesory...lol

Attachments

• kf.jpg
    kf.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
If you think about it, where exactly does his left arm go if he's one-handing it? To his side? Seems like a waste of an arm.

Also, holding the suppressor for support is done in real life =D

Yes with the 1st person view, you see the character holding the gun with one hand but with the 3rd person view, you see the caracter holding the gun with the twice...change it with dual welding the gun :p

I really like this sound of MAC 10 :cool:
YouTube - Full auto mac 10 9mm

Upvote 0