• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Educated guess on the new map/maps

Fishsticks

Grizzled Veteran
Apr 20, 2011
Alabama
Anyone have any guesses on the new maps being released (hopefully) this week? I myself am not familar with all the various skirmishes that took place in or around Stalingrad but I would hope Tripwire gives us a more open/long range infantry fighting map.

Perhaps some rolling farmland on the outskirts of town with farm houses and wooded areas where there are more chances for long distance engagements. Perhaps a map where you actually have to adjust the sights on the rifles to hit targets 600-800yrds out. In other words hopefully a map that will be a better test of marksmenship. Anyway here's to wishful thinking :)

Last edited:
well, to me it sounds like TWI will be releasing at least 1 new map with the next patch.

However, NOTHING is confirmed.. so who knows?

hopefully we get at least 1 new map.. the community needs something to keep it alive im afraid :(

I just hope they get the ping issues fixed
and improve bullet reg/balistics.

plex

Upvote 0
Why re-hash something we've played to death?? Something NEW and fresh is more to my liking. :IS2:

As RO1's current online count says, not everyone's playing RO1 anymore so they may have played it to death years ago but it'll be nostalgic. The benefit of an old map is it's tried and tested and a community favourite for a reason! :)

I agree though, something new along side it would be amazing. Doing the same things over and over is boring.

Upvote 0
Anyone have any guesses on the new maps being released (hopefully) this week? I myself am not familar with all the various skirmishes that took place in or around Stalingrad but I would hope Tripwire gives us a more open/long range infantry fighting map.

Perhaps some rolling farmland on the outskirts of town with farm houses and wooded areas where there are more chances for long distance engagements. Perhaps a map where you actually have to adjust the sights on the rifles to hit targets 600-800yrds out. In other words hopefully a map that will be a better test of marksmenship. Anyway here's to wishful thinking :)

TWI never said that any new maps, or anything else would be released this week, here is part of what Yoshiro said:
Quote:
"What is on the horizon:
We continue to monitor both the community (forums, websites, in game, and social media) for their feedback and we are in the early stages of some major design work based on said feedback. But among the first things you'll see as a result out of this are maps. This week we'll have another chance here in the office to check out another new level (not the same as last weeks) and begin to give it a proper shakedown."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
TWI never said that any maps would be released this week, here is part of what Yoshiro said:
Quote:
"What is on the horizon:

We continue to monitor both the community (forums, websites, in game, and social media) for their feedback and we are in the early stages of some major design work based on said feedback. But among the first things you'll see as a result out of this are maps. This week we'll have another chance here in the office to check out another new level (not the same as last weeks) and begin to give it a proper shakedown."

Ah well.. guess I jumped the gun then... one can still dream though I guess. In fact ,it won't be too much longer till user creted maps hit the servers.

Upvote 0
Confirmation here:
http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=72431

Yoshiro
user_online.gif

In Soviet Russia, Yoshiro is a cake
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_pos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif
reputation_highpos.gif

icon1.gif

For clarification I never said any map(s) would be ready in this patch. Only that we were working on them and they were in the testing stage here at the office.

Pretty, what do we blow up first? - Myn Donos

Like? |

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I seem to recall Yoshiro saying the map in development would bring a smile to RO players, so it's probably a re-make. Given the way RO2 plays, I'm guessing Danzig is the most likely

There's a whole lot of maps could fit into the make us smile catagory, but lookin at the kind of buildings and urban type maps we have just now, i'm gonna make a wild stab in the dark and say Zhitomir.

Upvote 0
With the game changes that have been made some of the old maps may not work like they did, what may have a been an awesome RO1 map may be less fun in RO2

So i hope the maps have been made for this version at least for start, rather than ports as this is faster or seems so, a good example is fallen fighters play very different in this version

Upvote 0