• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Machine Gunners

The tripod mounted MGs in the maps are quite bad positioned (there is one at the outside of Gate House in Grain elevator map that fires to its cover, so it is completally useless) and had very limited traverse... Are there anyway to select where to deploy them? Commmander options?
Nope! They're randomised.

I think more elements of maps need to be randomised. Building interiors, junk objects like benches, tank wrecks, stuff like that. It would make every match like new. Everything right now is too predictable.

Upvote 0
Nope! They're randomised.

I think more elements of maps need to be randomised. Building interiors, junk objects like benches, tank wrecks, stuff like that. It would make every match like new. Everything right now is too predictable.
While it could be nice, still, I wouldnt like to see the kind of random where MGs end up in useless positions (like against a wall) or with 2 of them in the same spot. Same with tanks, trams and other stuff - it might turn out that the attackers will have to go through an open field with all the cover concentrated on the other side of the map where the defenders camp it all day long thus giving attackers very little chance to do anything.

Upvote 0
Gentlemen, and I'm including the rest of you guys in that,

Take your lessons on MG deployment lessons from real life.

The only time a MG should deploy head on is in long distance. The most effective deployment is covering the front with cover to your flank, protecting you from hostile fire. If they can't see you, they can't shoot you.
that't the ideal. I do wish that there were objects inside of buildings that were back from the windows. Deploying on an object back from the window sill improves survivability when firing from windows.

To tell the truth, an MG depends upon riflemen in the squad to protect him. Otherwise, stay low, stay concealed, fire short controlled bursts, and force the enemy to move where the riflemen can easily engag them.

And hope for a human wave attack, such a tasty target.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I only play as MG 34, in all maps. I must to say thats im in love with the MG role (1 pistol and grenades; lovely!) and MG itself. .

In fact, when i enter in a server and find the MG role free, i get shocked. The MG is THE people killing machine, and i cant understand why the people let the MG role free. The scoped rifle is allways full, but i can say u that i can killl more people than sniper in more than 4 maps.

The use is simple. find a empty server and start ur search. U must have 2-3 spots in each map phase. The spots must be: Well covered or trenched, concealed (i play german, so i look for shadows) flank controled and u must have a not too big, nice and clear area visiono of ur killzone. U must see enemy flank or at least enemy trafic areas. So u can fire to the toons in ur frontal area and forget about ur flanks.

i found a lot of those spots in almost all maps, so im happy. I only must set my ironsight in enemy toons, anf fire in short controled burts, or use single fire if i want a style kill, have a nice and clear target, or the target is more than 200 m away. When in reload i get cover, rest, relax and change position if needed. MG use is mechanical "rinse and repeat" of death.

Sometimes i have serious problems with ammo, depleting all my drums and returning to rearguard looking for more ammo. its annoing when im asking for ammo and the rifleman near me dont give me love

Ur role is cover the enemy routes from spawn to conquest areas. set a small kill zone, u must zoom in this zone and kill all. U need a concealed, covered nice spot, so u only task is concentrate in ur kill zone and ur trigger discipline.

Upvote 0
I only play as MG 34, in all maps. I must to say thats im in love with the MG role (1 pistol and grenades; lovely!) and MG itself. .

In fact, when i enter in a server and find the MG role free, i get shocked. The MG is THE people killing machine, and i cant understand why the people let the MG role free. The scoped rifle is allways full, but i can say u that i can killl more people than sniper in more than 4 maps.

The use is simple. find a empty server and start ur search. U must have 2-3 spots in each map phase. The spots must be: Well covered or trenched, concealed (i play german, so i look for shadows) flank controled and u must have a not too big, nice and clear area visiono of ur killzone. U must see enemy flank or at least enemy trafic areas. So u can fire to the toons in ur frontal area and forget about ur flanks.

i found a lot of those spots in almost all maps, so im happy. I only must set my ironsight in enemy toons, anf fire in short controled burts, or use single fire if i want a style kill, have a nice and clear target, or the target is more than 200 m away. When in reload i get cover, rest, relax and change position if needed. MG use is mechanical "rinse and repeat" of death.

Sometimes i have serious problems with ammo, depleting all my drums and returning to rearguard looking for more ammo. its annoing when im asking for ammo and the rifleman near me dont give me love

Ur role is cover the enemy routes from spawn to conquest areas. set a small kill zone, u must zoom in this zone and kill all. U need a concealed, covered nice spot, so u only task is concentrate in ur kill zone and ur trigger discipline.

Learn to write in English.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
That would be nice, but I think that would require implementation of Free-Look so the weapon lags behind the "camera" / "head," ...

I think this would be a great way to do it. I'd do it on all guns though, in such a way that the lag would be smallest on pistols and largest on MG's and AT-guns.

Maybe so that there would be 45 degree (or so) dead-zone with no lag, but all the bigger movements (that'd require moving one's body) would have a noticeable lag representing need to change stance/position.

Last edited:
Reactions: Golf33
Upvote 0
I think this would be a great way to do it. I'd do it on all guns though, in such a way that the lag would be smallest on pistols and largest on MG's and AT-guns.

Maybe so that there would be 45 degree (or so) dead-zone with no lag, but all the bigger movements (that'd require moving one's body) would have a noticeable lag representing need to change stance/position.
It would also get around the problem with dialing down sensitivity depending on weapon weight, which is that people can just increase their sensitivity system-side.

Upvote 0