• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Info] Is this a joke?

They're obviously on a promised break now. A much deserved one I'm sure.

I still wish they'd come back ASAP though and start talking to the community again and addressing the performance issues and bugs. Its disheartening to go from a dev posting in nearly every thread, to now no posting at all. And in the time we need them the most: post-release, when people are now playing a supposedly finished product they paid money for.

Working themselves to death probably won't help quality much. :p

Upvote 0
lol wut. I'm on an i7 with a single GTX 580 and I get very good frames.

With the game completely on ultra at 1920x1080, with everything maxed, while FRAPS is recording, with heavy smoke effects i'm maintaining 30. Mind you, this is in a full server of at least 48+. In Beta.

http://imgur.com/RN18S.jpg

http://imgur.com/HjwN6.jpg

(Second pic, Shadows were lowered from Ultra to HIGH for stability in FPS for a more enjoyable experience).

http://imgur.com/UedPz.jpg

-

Here, completely maxed out including post processing:

http://imgur.com/mJHzy.jpg

http://imgur.com/oWKvo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/e6mOd.jpg

For those that leave because of some teething issues who are going to whine on here repeating several times that they're getting a refund, go ahead and get it out of your system. I say, "Good Riddance". Playing the game on a fully populated server, I hear mostly praise. Most people see and are currently playing an amazing game underneath a few teething issues.

Mostly the performance issues people are talking about are used to low-end, console-oriented UnrealEngine 3 games where they get high FPS which just isn't going to happen with all the effects happening at any given time.

For the people who have true graphics issues like black screens, I'm hopin' you get into the fight soon enough :)

You know with your rig you should be getting 100 + frames right? And your happy with 30? If thats the case you just invalidated every point youve made in your life, ever.

Upvote 0
The game is simply unplayable, even ignoring the initial bugs, the gampeplay mechanics are deeply flawed. I will be requesting a refund, this product does not deliver 1/3 the value of the $40 that I paid. $40 is a LOT of money, I expected it work at least. And I'm not interested in hearing how it needs a "long and arduous optimization process". The game is defective. When it begins to work, I might consider it again, but I will expect a discounted price.

Reactions: Verluste
Upvote 0
I'm in the same boat as many others - my rig (i5 750, Radeon 5870, 8GB of RAM) can get 60+ fps in Crysis 2 with almost everything on High, yet I'm stuck at 20-40 fps in RO2 with everything on Low or Medium (and no AA, AF, etc.). Ridiculous, and the game looks pretty bad. That said, I managed to eke out another 10-25 fps by setting Flip Queue to 4, using ATI Tray Tools.

I don't consider that a long-term solution, since my graphics are still super-low and the game isn't performing anywhere close to what I should be able to get on my rig, but it's at least made everything playable for now. Prior to setting Flip Queue, the game really wasn't playable. An average fps of 30 or so is low to begin with, but I was seeing frequent micro-spikes down to 10-15 fps with smoke or just randomly. Aiming and movement were often pretty infuriating.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
What's the difference between bird flu and swine flu?
If you have bird flu, you need tweetment. If you have swine flu, you need oink-ment

That's a joke.

I really hope people with problems are following this.. http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=61789

All the *****ing & arguing won't resolve anything, but the above will help. Help TW-I help you.

EDIT: PS the game IS working very well for many of us... but clearly not everyone. Don't just assume 'its broke', as it is simply not the case.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's all painfully simple. If you can't wait/are not satisfied then you need to get a refund. The rest of us will wait for the patches and that I'm afraid is that.

The devs can only work so fast, so it's either wait or don't. Constantly complaining without .dmp's, dxdiags and some background info is a waste of your time and everybody elses :cool:

Upvote 0
That's a joke.

I really hope people with problems are following this.. http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=61789

All the *****ing & arguing won't resolve anything, but the above will help. Help TW-I help you.

EDIT: PS the game IS working very well for many of us... but clearly not everyone. Don't just assume 'its broke', as it is simply not the case.

The game is working fairly well for me, though not half as good as I think it should on my system. I top the recommended requirements 3-4 fold, but I dip into the 30's and 20's often. And I don;t think I should.

Save for personal attacks on the devs, I think people should be able to complain about the game, since it's undeniable that it doesn't work for some, and doesn't work as it should for most (even if the individual may be fine with the performance)

People paid good money for the game. Decent performance is not too much to expect. This is not Beta anymore.

Upvote 0
To ask a fair question, would you all be complaining if the game released a month from now without much issue? If not, then what's the different between now and then? You'd still be out 40 dollars, but in this case you get it early (albeit with many issues). Alternatively, you could wait that one month until most of this stuff is fixed, so you're still out that one month. Therefore waiting one month for a clean game or playing one month early for a buggy game really makes no difference. The only actual issue is principle, that companies should not be getting comfortable with releasing unfinished games and saying "We'll patch it up, don't worry" (aka most PC games for the past few years).

Upvote 0
It's all painfully simple. If you can't wait/are not satisfied then you need to get a refund. The rest of us will wait for the patches and that I'm afraid is that.

The devs can only work so fast, so it's either wait or don't. Constantly complaining without .dmp's, dxdiags and some background info is a waste of your time and everybody elses :cool:

Who issues the refund? Does Valve refund a game that's already been released?

Upvote 0
I most definitely have to agree with the op on some points, like the performance. It's ****ing ridiculous. I love tripwire and all, but this game runs WORSE than GTA IV. That's right, GTA IV. I am seriously disappointed in this release. This game is optimized like utter dog ****, pardon my french, and the graphics DEFINITELY aren't mind-blowing enough to warrant that. It's just complete ****ty optimization. I'm a bit disgusted that they would release this with such awful optimization.

2cents.

Reactions: Zookerman
Upvote 0
Go make your own game and see how easy it is. Cut out the goddamn melo-drama and get it through your head this is release day, and that patches are to come.

Um. This is the most idiotic response I've ever heard. The OP paid 40 dollars for this game. It's an unoptimized mess. He has every right to complain. If someone is selling a game for 40 dollars, they shouldn't be given slack because it's "hard to develop a game". They're selling it, therefore it shouldn't be so goddamn broken.

Upvote 0
Um. This is the most idiotic response I've ever heard. The OP paid 40 dollars for this game. It's an unoptimized mess. He has every right to complain. If someone is selling a game for 40 dollars, they shouldn't be given slack because it's "hard to develop a game". They're selling it, therefore it shouldn't be so goddamn broken.

Yeah. Some people just don't get it.

Tell me everyone, what would you do if you bought a Blu Ray of a great movie...but the picture ran at 10 frames per second, was VHS resolution, skipped randomly and had distorted picture and audio? Would you not be upset? Would you not complain? Of course you would. You'd most definitely go return it.

Yet the same people who would return that rage at all the "whiners" on here. I don't know what it is about video games that turns some people into such shills.

Reactions: Redemption
Upvote 0
The worst thing is, I don't think I will be able to get a refund. GMG (where I purchased the Steam key) refuse to give it to me.

How I would love to get my money back and buy a game that runs well...

I got the game from steam and I donno if they will give me refund either now. RO2 would be second game in many years that I regret purchasing for full price, what a joke, if I only knew.

Upvote 0
Game runs GRRRRREAT! 70 to 80 fps smooth as a babies butt! Few little graghical glitches but will be fixed.
What..?
Not sure if serious... or trolling. I suspect the latter.
Also: I monitored my resources while gaming in windowed mode.
GPU: always hovering around 45-50% with the occasional jump to 60 very infrequently.
CPU: always hovering around 40-50%, never higher or lower except for loading maps.

Strangest thing is that I can change my settings from all medium and no AA to High preset and not notice a framerate difference. Also a friend of mine with a HD5850 has the same FPS as I do with my HD4870 512MB ...

And still I'm getting between 15 and 40 FPS, and it's more frequent 20 than it is 40.

Last edited:
Upvote 0