• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

MKB/AVT Availability Change Incoming

Wow, leave the forums for a few hours and hundreds of posts in a new topic... too many to read so I skipped.

Thanks for taking care of this. Probably still too many for my taste, but I imagine they will be around the numbers that were discussed earlier this year on the forums. I've accepted that much to further the widespread appeal of the game and TWI :p

Upvote 0
if tw is trying to cater to the arcade kiddies like you, and piss in the face of the old vets like me, then they are going to fail hard. Because there are several franchises that do arcade better, and being arcadey is not what ro is about. It is not what the core userbase is built upon. They are better off exploiting their niche rather than trying to please everyone, resulting in a game that nobody plays or likes.

this.

Upvote 0
...3) About having too many MkB's - the amount of MkB's when fixed is similar to the amount of STG's in Ostfront. It didn't ruin that game......
I was under the impression there would be less mkb42 in RO2 than stg44 in RO1.

Will there be mkb42 on all maps? Because not that many maps in RO1 had stg44.

Personally I don't want the mkb42 to replace the mp40, but I do want to play with it. in FEW numbers.

Upvote 0
There are still too many of them, there should be only 1 MKB/42 and 1 AVT/40 per team.

You could make a "hero class" (where only the top honor ranked players would be able to choose) OR you could give the top player a field promotion or whatever (as it happens sometimes) and only THAT player, MAY have access to the MKB42 and AVT40 IF he has them unlocked. Otherwise he may choose whatever gun his team has available.

Having 6 people running arround with a prototype weapon where people are not even sure if they were used in Stalingrad it's simply outrageous. There is already a problem where you have too many SMGs and Semi-autos, but that we can live with, but those guns... It will not do, must be changed. This is not realism, this is not what was promissed, this is not what the community wants. Im sorry, it simply isn't.

I seriously hope you guys consider this, because the game has much potential and I still put faith in changes, for good.

Upvote 0
There are still too many of them, there should be only 1 MKB/42 and 1 AVT/40 per team.

You could make a "hero class" (where only the top honor ranked players would be able to choose) OR you could give the top player a field promotion or whatever (as it happens sometimes) and only THAT player, MAY have access to the MKB42 and AVT40 IF he has them unlocked. Otherwise he may choose whatever gun his team has available.

Having 6 people running arround with a prototype weapon where people are not even sure if they were used in Stalingrad it's simply outrageous. There is already a problem where you have too many SMGs and Semi-autos, but that we can live with, but those guns... It will not do, must be changed. This is not realism, this is not what was promissed, this is not what the community wants. Im sorry, it simply isn't.

I seriously hope you guys consider this, because the game has much potential and I still put faith in changes, for good.

Listen to this man, Tripwire. PLEASE.

Upvote 0