• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

About the MKB42

Ran into a server just now with allot of people in ther German team using the weapon, one guy just sat far in the back, sniping people with it... And more stupid stuff happened.

This gun is way overused at the moment...

And overpowered, its strange that i can shoot someone in the leg with a rifle and he survives, but i get shot in the leg, and i get killed instantly by a MKBd42.

Reactions: DiedTrying
Upvote 0
It was an assault rifle. They gave the production run the misnomer MP43 in order to hide it from Hitler, who they believed would not have approved. Its muzzle velocity is only slightly less than that of the Kar98.

In reality, one shot to the shin or the thigh bone from either weapon would have shattered the leg of the target. If not an instant death, certainly an instant incapacitation.

Reactions: Felix Ostheim
Upvote 0
You should thank TWI for making the game more accessible to the mainstream putting a gun like this in game.

RO:Ost was great because it wasn't mainstream. The only people that played were the devoted, skilled, mature fans. I understand trying to break into the Crap of Duty market for financial purposes, but leave us vets a chance to play RO as we know it.

Upvote 0
I doubt I'll even use this weapon even though I am entitled to it with the DDE. It offends my sensibilities that this weapon is in the game. :(

>Got in game after weapon unlocks
>Didn't even think about it - went rifleman.

I don't need no fancy weapons to beat you chuckleheads. I will shoot and stab you with the... -ahem- lowest tier weapon in the game solely to humiliate your SMG toting behind.

Upvote 0
>Got in game after weapon unlocks
>Didn't even think about it - went rifleman.

I don't need no fancy weapons to beat you chuckleheads. I will shoot and stab you with the... -ahem- lowest tier weapon in the game solely to humiliate your SMG toting behind.
I almost exclusively use bolt. Maybe 1 in 8 games I'll use something else for a little variety.

Upvote 0
RO:Ost was great because it wasn't mainstream. The only people that played were the devoted, skilled, mature fans. I understand trying to break into the Crap of Duty market for financial purposes, but leave us vets a chance to play RO as we know it.

This!

I have loved playing RO1 for the past 5 years and have enjoyed playing it because I was in the more narrow group of players for whom this game had great appeal; mature, interested in realism, interested in the history of WW2 and sticklers for actual realism.

I do love playing RO2 so far in terms of gameplay. But...the sense that it is a game meant for a NON-mainstream, realism based, mature playerbase is gone.

To be realistic for example, on a 64 person server you will have 32 players per side. Amongst those 32 players should be about 20 bolt action rifles, about 6 to 8 MG's, a handful of PPSH's and that is it for the typical grouping of 32 that would have been found in Stalingrad. Give or take a bit for all those numbers there may have been some ofthe other weapons, the SVT etc, but not in numbers that would be represented in ANY way inthe game as is now.

I suppose all we can hope for is for the mapping community, as they did in RO1, to craft fine maps that take place in the historical context of the 6 to 8 months the game covers and the better servers go with those maps.

That being said, the tank system needs a HUGE refit. As it is now, tanks are completely broken as far as RO goes. The large combined operations that took place around Stalingrad will make some great maps, but as of now, the tanking system itself seems like some tank games I played back in the Commodore 64 days; with better graphics of course.

Reactions: Carrick1973
Upvote 0
I've got the weapon even though I didn't get the digital deluxe edition. I also can't 'grind' the weapon either because no stats are ever recorded. I love the weapon but I think it should be limited to 1 hero per team.
There is absolutely no point getting an SMG or bolt/semi auto rifle when you can chose the mkb as it excels in both these roles and hits harder than an SMG.

I'm not a RO1 vet but I really don't like seeing 9 of these on the battlefield, it totally cheapens the weapon. Instead of feeling really lucky/special for being able to get one it's just another weapon. It also means the weapons are littering the battlefield as well and everyone picks one up at the first opportunity.

I'd be happy seeing assault slots stay the same but only having the SMG as an option. I'd also like to see elite riflemen removed and only have squad leaders able to use the semi auto rifles.

I'd also like to see the MG34 have less kick to encourage its use, I find it most effective when firing single shots which negates the whole point of having a machine gun and firing in short bursts. At 100m firing at some dude behind cover only the first shot will ever hit while the other two go way high. With 9 fully automatic rifle calibre assault rifles per team the extra 20 rounds and longer reloading time and no iron sights of an MG34 don't really make sense to the average player.

edit: I know server admins and such can make servers however they want but currently here in Australia I have a hard time even finding a populated realism server. There was even one server I joined that had a kill cam, that sh.it is downright awful for a game like this. Does nothing to encourage careful play as even when you die you get to see who shot you, totally immersion breaking.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some of you really need to consider swallowing a fork for breakfast every morning.... You just cant be fu**ing pleased...

Instead of *****ing about something that can actually be changed , or trying to post your crash issues , and help them fix the tech part of the game... No... Noooo... You have to pop here , every 20 mins , and make a post that is mentioning CoD , or something alike , at least 5 times...

I dont see how this weapon is so ,,OP`` . It looks good... yeah , that must be it !
The recoil on this weapon , makes it fairly hard to use , if not as semi-auto Bold action. In close range , its nowhere near to compete with PPSh or MP40 , and in long long range , its nowhere to compete with Mosin or Kar. Its quite balanced medium / Long range assault weapon , and I dont see where are you going with all these posts.

Either post something constructive , or call your best friend and ***** to him.

(( Apologies to everybody who actually posted something normal in this thread , dident mean to push you on the bandwagon too ))

Upvote 0
there does seem to be way WAY too many semi autos and full autos running around. out of a team of 32 people i find that more then half have some kind of fully automatic weapon. really does break the game. or atlest breaks what RO used to stand for.....

This does not add up with my experience, I constantly see veteran marksman squad leader and smg positions open. Everyone is playing kar98 on the Axis side...
I was originally going to play kar98, but went squad leader just because there is always a deficit of those.
Plus I actually feel like G41 is better with the new bleeding system and the way you can level up your guns. And wall penetration, I kill so many people through walls with this thing! Can't even imagine how easy it is with the MKB

Upvote 0