• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design [DownLoad] Falidell's TriggerPack

is there way to make moving corona light for moving cars or choppers or "FA_Shooter" can do that too? o:

ooo i should add options like that:

corona's
sound's
effect's

lol to be honest i didn't even think of that lol

but the only moving lights are dynamic lights tho i'm not sure if the corona will move with the dynamic light as well.. it should.... hmmm try it out

set the dynamic light's bstatic=false and attach it to something via attach tag... if that doesn't work also try setting the bHardAttach=true

Last edited:
Upvote 0
uhhh where is that? I only know those lights
lights.jpg

unless if you meant inside TriggerLight

Upvote 0
uhhh where is that? I only know those lights
lights.jpg

unless if you meant inside TriggerLight

na there isn't a strictly dynamic light actor.

all light entities Including SunLight can become Dynamic lgihts by setting BDynamiclight=true and it becomes a dynamic lgiht set bStatic=true and it become moveable i might be missing something but thats the gist of it.
however take note that Dynamic lights are somewhat laggy and should be used sparingly. at least in the unreal engine; it's built around Static lightmaps Dynamic lights arn't it's strong suit.......Unfortunetly...

side note i personally think that Dynamic light based render engine are superior especially for interiors where you can set up nice portals/RenderZones which is what MOST, not all but most, Killingfloor levels are. it makes the flashlights look better as well as allow a much more Non-Static lighting environments. however staticlighting is way better at simulating Light Bouncing and Ambient lighting, perfect Example: the Source Lightmap Calculating script Bounces the lights up to 32 times so give the world a lifelike apperance of ambience, interiors, etc. but then again interiors in the source engine are just plain AWESOME, because the source engine is a very nice hybrid(Dynamic and Lightmap) based Engine, Especially with the 2007+ versions. Unrealengine could be a lot better if it also rendered lights like the source engine, Render Both Lightmaps and Dynamic lights at Equal Speeds and Efficiency.

Ok thats my Little Rant/whatever thingy which lately i seem to be doing a lot of....

Upvote 0
Ok i've submitted this pack(Update 3) to the Harmless List for the New Potential harmless Whitelist type thing.. if the list becomes official then anything on that list will allow servers to use that content and allow people to use their current Perk levels But Will not allow Progression of said Perks.

Specifics.

Non-Progression meaning you can use current level perks but not further your progression

Mutators if used server wide will make the server a Non-Progression server

mutators that are only used for Specific levels will make that level, not the server, a Non-Progression type.

levels on that list will only Make that Specific level a Non-Progression level

Levels that use these Triggers in this Falls_triggerpack will become Non-Progression levels

in other words any content that is used Server wide as in it affects all levels/maps that are on the harmless List will make the server a Non-Progression type.

however if the content is Not used Server Wide, as in it only affects Certain Levels will make the Server a Normal-Progression type but Those levels that use the Content a Non-Progression type until the next level that doesn't use said Harmless Listed Content...

anyquestions please ask Xeinen for further Explaination, and again this Harmless-List is NOT OFFICIAL AS OF YET so no guarentee's

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Ok i've submitted this pack(Update 3) to the Harmless List for the New Potential harmless Whitelist type thing.. if the list becomes official then anything on that list will allow servers to use that content and allow people to use their current Perk levels But Will not allow Progression of said Perks.

Specifics.

Non-Progression meaning you can use current level perks but not further your progression

Mutators if used server wide will make the server a Non-Progression server

mutators that are only used for Specific levels will make that level, not the server, a Non-Progression type.

levels on that list will only Make that Specific level a Non-Progression level

Levels that use these Triggers in this Falls_triggerpack will become Non-Progression levels

in other words any content that is used Server wide as in it affects all levels/maps that are on the harmless List will make the server a Non-Progression type.

however if the content is Not used Server Wide, as in it only affects Certain Levels will make the Server a Normal-Progression type but Those levels that use the Content a Non-Progression type until the next level that doesn't use said Harmless Listed Content...

anyquestions please ask Xeinen for further Explaination, and again this Harmless-List is NOT OFFICIAL AS OF YET so no guarentee's

This is good news. If they knock it back may I suggest slowing down on the new features and keep everything as clean as possible

Upvote 0
ok gota update coming soon fixes more stuff i either missed or messed up on my last update or somethin... hmmm anyways it's almost done being tested i'm pretty sure i'll be missing something.

after this upcoming update i will most likely NOT be adding anymore features or triggers i'll just be focused on makeing what we have so far work 100% atm i'd say it works around 95% give or take....... most of the problems are with the spawner lol

ex. this next update will fix how it checks how many critters are alive.. i had it set to only check a certain class of critter choosen for the spawner but that means it won't count the critters who die but are of another class choosen by the SpawnPoint.. this next update will make it so it checks the critter Tag instead of Class to see if it's ours =)

how my spawner checks death is this. it doesn't LOL the critters Tell it that it has died.. then spawner removes 1 from the active count.

1. critter dies and uses it's OnDeath event to trigger the Spawner who's tag is what is in that event line.
2. the spawner says WHa? oh hey we've been triggered... "By What!?" says the boss guy.. the spawner then checks if it's a pawn that triggered it then it checks if that pawn belongs to that Spawner via pawn.Tag
3. ?:: pawn.tag==crittertag : ActiveCount-- : return;

now it doesn't use that syntax but thats the gist.. very simple

EDIT:

the the next update will include extra features for the fa_shooter
1.you can now customize the death messages etc. cause by the fa_shooter

2.you will be able add accuracy in the form of a single input. ex. 30 will make it so it the projectiles shot will have a 30degree accuracy in both yaw and pitch. pitch is up and down yaw is left and right and these are local values unlike xyz locations. so it still applies if is attached/hard attached to a mover or somethin...

3. you will be able to change the fireing sound and the area it's heard as well as the pitch of the sound. ect.

those will be the only added features added in the next update. then the cleanup process begins to make sure all the triggers work 100%

Last edited:
Upvote 0
error report for you

error report for you

I'm planning to use the FA_RandomTrigger quite extensively and so far the game crashes every time. I am actually using a combination of your triggers (see end of my post if interested) but I know this one is the culprit (I know because I removed all other triggers and it still happened, and with every trigger but the Random one it works indefinitely). Every time, the game would freeze anywhere from the 2nd execution of a random trigger to the 3rd or 4th. Never got further than that. BUT it seems to at least work the first time the RandomTrigger is used. Maybe some kind of global variable not being reset?

This is what the reported RandomTrigger looks like:
-Events
|-Event: None
|-EventChoices
-3 events in this array. Each one is for a scripted trigger which spawns different monsters, waits a bit, then calls a counter I have, which will eventually cause this RandomTrigger to be activated again. All scripted triggers go back to state 0 when they are finished.\
|-ExcludeTag
|-Tag: Wave1Sec1Loc2Random
|-Weight: At first I had nothing in here,
then I tried 3 elements (33, 33, 34)
then I tried 3 elements (49, 50, 1) because I suspected it was only crashing after the final element in the array was chosen but when it still failed after these values I threw that theory out the window and came here.

I didn't change anything from default values in any of the other categories.

KF bug report said:
Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 3813 MHz with 4094MB RAM
Video: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (1043)

FA_RandomTrigger KF-RE1-Mansion-Story-V2.FA_RandomTrigger2 (Function Fall_TriggerPack.FA_RandomTrigger.GetFchoice:0046) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)

History: FFrame::Serialize <- AActor::processState <- Object ScriptedTriggerController KF-RE1-Mansion-Story-V2.ScriptedTriggerController, Old State State Gameplay.ScriptedTriggerController.Scripting, New State State Gameplay.ScriptedTriggerController.Scripting <- AController::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=0) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level Resident Evil 1 Mansion - Story <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

So if you are interested to know this is what I've come up with so far to use your trigger pack here goes:
Each section of each wave has multiple 'locations' that would be used to spawn monsters, which basically means different rooms. Each of these locations has its own set of triggers:

Counter (control how many times a squad of zombies will spawn from this location)
|
VariableTimer (put a bit of randomness into timing between squads)
|
RandomTrigger (number of options = however many squads I'm bothered to setup for this location)
|
ScriptedTrigger: spawn Monster squad, wait a bit, -> TriggerChance to spawn a 'critical squad', wait a bit more, then hit up the Counter once more

Once the counter is finished it sets a Switch for that location to say that its done. When all switches are set I'm hoping Multi_Conditional will kick in and run the next script which could open the next door and perhaps start up an endless FA_Spawner which can only deactivated when players proceed to next area.

One problem with my design is that the loop that starts with the Counter is endless because even when it gets to the MaxCount, the EachTriggeredEvent still fires which starts the whole thing up again. It would help me if there was a way to not fire the EachTriggeredEvent once the counter reaches NumToCount. However, no biggie as I will probably just use another conditional trigger where needed, and make the FinishedEvent a Switch.

Upvote 0
ah yes that ought to be fixed, i looked into it and i think i found the flaw and fixed it i hope lol

also the counter i've added a true/false option in it called StopAtNumToCount when true it'll simply stop functioning after it reaches NumToCount. and of cource it'll still fire that FinishedEvent. in other words it won't reset itself back to 0 or continue to count. unless it's reset by a FA_ResetER

also this update includes a bunch of stuff i've been doing to this trigger pack that i honestly completely forgot about lol rest assured i do know that they weren't added feature changes they where fixes lol except for my experimental FA_TouchChecker Volume that i remember... i have no idea if it actually works or not... haven't tried it yet....

basically what that FA_TouchChecker Does is when triggered it'll turn it's Collision on for a Nano second yes litterally a nano second.. players won't notice.. or at least shouldn't anyways, after that collision is on it'll check if there is a certain type of pawn/critter person inside or touching that touchchecker volume. if there is then it'll fire a series of events if nothing of that certain type of pawn/critter person then it'll fire a different set of events.. thats optional tho. it's usefull for a more freeroam style of level. ex. type would be multi-KOTH or multiple base defence where you have to hold all bases for 1 round inorder to win the match

stuff like that. like i said experimental.. no idea if it works.. ok i wasn't able to compile the touchchecker before i finished this little note so cancel that touchchecker it won't be in this update lol

anyways linky link

HERE

do not download from the first post link that is update 3 this link is update 4 i have to figure out what the hell i actually changed so i can add the changes to the change log

Last edited:
Upvote 0
ight sorry for the almost 2 month no update delay guys! =(

i won't go into details but im back to work on this. atm im asking for help with my fa-shooter about adding spread to the projectiles. i've tried but it doesn't work currently.

that thread is here-> http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=50033

so here is what i see to the completion of this trigger pack.

FA_AutoTrigger Finished but i'm wondering if i shouldn't add some sort of delay or expand on it.

FA_Check_PlDIF Finished and happy with it.

FA_CompairConditions Finished and Happy With it.

FA_Multi_conditional Finished and Happy With it.

FA_ConditionalLoop Finsihed and happy with it.

FA_Switch Finished and happy with it

FA_Counter Finished and Happy With it.

FA_ForceRespawn I know this Works 100% in single Player and it works in multiplayer However my concern is if it removes that FilmGrain upon Respawn For everyone Clients and Host. so i need someone to help me with this... as i have no actual means of checking if the clients get that filmgrain removed as well as host. i can only confirm that the host get the filmgrain removed.

FA_LoopTrigger Finished and Happy with it.

FA_RandomTrigger Finished and Happy with it.

FA_Relay_Plus Finsihed and Happy with it.

FA_ResetER Finished and Happy with it.

FA_Spawner there is more i can add to this but it would sacrifice whitelisting so i decided not to add it. however i may add the features in a Non-Whitelisted Version of this trigger pack. features like: critter killing reward amount, critter health multiplier, critter speed, etc.
but other then that ima say it's finished and im ok with it.

FA_spawnpointSame as Apove =D

FA_StoryLines Finished but still looking for a way to add the effect to make it seem like the text is being typed up on your screen.

FA_TriggerChance Finished and Happy with it.

FA_VariableTimer Finished and Happy with it.

kfDoorMoverPlus Finsihed but i would like to make the NoExplosives feature more specific. ex. grenades do no damage but laws will .. other then that im happy with it =D

FA_Shooter not Finished. still tweaking and working around with the features adding and removing em till i like what i see. as well as getting the AccuracySpread Feature to work. i'd say it's about 70% complete.

alright that is what i see in my eyes with this trigger pack. if there is any bugs or requests that don't have something to do with the hud please let me know here on this thread. at the moment i am quite focused on finishing this triggerpack so we can get it whitelisted .

so i need any and all Bugs and errors not listed above please =D

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Good to see you got it scoped out nicely now mate. Would help if I could... if you have bits of code that aren't working you could run it by me but tbh I don't know the libraries well enough to have a chance of answering the questions you have now, especially if you couldn't work it out lol.

I've actually held off on implementing it into my map although I finished redoing my first wave (and it plays pretty awesome) and got a methodology down for doing the rest. But I'm concerned I might put a lot of my spare time into it and then noone will play it unless that grey list thing goes ahead or the code becomes whitelisted. Its a bit of a downer playing as level 0, especially when I make the map hard :D

Upvote 0