• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Battlefield 3

If the poster has nothing elso to do than write two pages about a pointless topic like this then he earns nothing but disrespect from me, because I don't consider a person like that worthy of having a discussion with.

Hoping BF3 campaign would be something different is pointless and while R6 games sure were fun(and they actually did have a story), it's nothing you could compare.
Wow did you even READ Grobut's post? Just amazing ...

Upvote 0
I guess everyone did notice that the guy with the AT4 actually has more of them equipped, as soon as he toss one to the player the old one on his back is still there. Another thing... tossing live explosives seem a bit reckless besides the AT4 == octagon shaped and shouldn't roll that easy :D

I know this ain't important in an fps that doesn't for mega realism but still amusing.

Upvote 0
. Another thing... tossing live explosives seem a bit reckless besides the AT4 == octagon shaped and shouldn't roll that easy :D

I know this ain't important in an fps that doesn't for mega realism but still amusing.

I dont know about AT4,but russian RPGs,eg. RPG-18 is not live=dangerous until it is armed(unfolded). The same is for the model of AT4 used in video. Someone said that it is CS modification,which is not used atm by USMC,but who said that this game shows present days and accurate equipment which is used in 2011 ?

Also for such types of games the most important thing in SP is quantity of wow-moments per second not the realism or hardcore gaming.

Upvote 0
I dont know about AT4,but russian RPGs,eg. RPG-18 is not live=dangerous until it is armed(unfolded). The same is for the model of AT4 used in video. Someone said that it is CS modification,which is not used atm by USMC,but who said that this game shows present days and accurate equipment which is used in 2011 ?

Also for such types of games the most important thing in SP is quantity of wow-moments per second not the realism or hardcore gaming.

Yes you're correct that its not armed, however i'd not toss or roll explosives like that in real life anyway, there's always a risk. Ye it's the Confined Space mod indeed, which is not used in the USMC, but hey .. they set the game in 2014 so who are we to judge :)

Upvote 0
Posting this from another "realistic gaming community" forum, they have problems with trolls as well;

It's Battlefield.

It has never been realistic.
It has never claimed to be realistic.
It is not promoted as being realistic.

Yet people think this is going to be the most realistic game ever and still compare it with RO.

Upvote 0
Posting this from another "realistic gaming community" forum, they have problems with trolls as well;

Yet people think this is going to be the most realistic game ever and still compare it with RO.

Nah the fun thing is they don't :)(for the most part), they compare it to Call of Duty most of the time and then they go something like this which i find hilarious, "Cod is for unrealistic kids bf is for real hardcore adults/gamers".. When in reality we all know that the amount of realism found in regular BF title(s) is far from anything "realistic" in real terms, its just so happens not to have a million perks yet.

In some sense i'd argu BC2 to be very very unrealistic with its destruction system and probably more so than a static level from Cod, its just all there for the sake of hollywood but i do not deny its fun though :) , , taking down buildings with hand-grenades lol.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Just watched it, I must say the game looks awesome, with as many effects and stuff as needed, no more(ahem crysis2) no less. The combat is still somewhat silly and "Holywoodized" but that is intended so I guess we can't complain about it if it is done as nice as it seems. Also the use of the bipod is nice although it would be great to see if the avatar automatically moves the gun when you aim far to your left/right like we saw in RO2 recently.

Overall it seems CoD finally found a proper competitor (and I hope it gets outsold this year...)

PS. I was hoping that the cells falling from those miniguns would burn you but we can't expect everything right? ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Graphics look great, gameplay looks meh, same as with the previous videos.

Sad that for a game that has its roots in MP and has devs claiming that it's still very much primarily an MP game, the only footage they provide is from scripted events in the SP campaign.

Whatever they may say, to me this indicates that they are focusing, at least in the beginning, more on the SP part of the game. This in turn may very well result in a situation where the MP part gets rushed due to time and/or financial constraints. If this does happen, who wants to bet that the PC gamers are the one's who will suffer most, since they'll focus firstly on getting the game nice and polished for the consoles.

... I guess I'm being overly negative. Hopefully once they finally get around to showing some MP footage, it will look great.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Whatever they may say, to me this indicates that they are focusing, at least in the beginning, more on the SP part of the game. This in turn may very well result in a situation where the MP part gets rushed due to time and/or financial constraints.

Havn't they said that they have 2 teams working on the game, one SP and one MP? It is unfortunate though that they are only showing SP atm.

Video looked pretty though.

Upvote 0
Havn't they said that they have 2 teams working on the game, one SP and one MP? It is unfortunate though that they are only showing SP atm.
I believe they might have, but that's beside the point, since showing only SP footage is still a strong indication in my book that the MP part is just not as far along in its development.

I don't know... maybe they have some other reasoning for showing only SP footage. Actually, hopefully they do...

Upvote 0
Position of the weapon models is not notch - nice fov and just off centre.

The x has been in Battlefield games for ages, since BF2 at least.

But that won't make you like it any more will it? Seen as most of you are adamant to hate this game.

Not that it matters much to me, there is pleanty of **** I love to hate as well.

I do agree with you regarding the SP though - I am not interested in it at all and i'd like some MP footage rather than some generic SP gameplay. As I mentioned before; I think they are relying on scripted stuff just to show off their new engine.

Upvote 0
They totally ripped the auto-deploy-bipod thing from TWI.
faceg.gif

Looks pretty good but they really should show MP as well.

Upvote 0