• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Image] Great Egypt Protests photos

NoxNoctum

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 15, 2007
I'm sure everyone's heard about what's going on, but here's some photos you probably won't see on the news. (warning: some are quite graphic, such as a man shot in the head by a rubber bullet)

http://totallycoolpix.com/2011/01/the-egypt-protests/

This could be pretty historic if the protesters get what they want. All I can say is, these Egyptians have balls, more power to them, hope they succeed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Harb
This actually scares me. Dont forget what happened in Iran where the protests brought upon a religious therocracy.
Mubarak while indeed being a dictator, knows how to keep the religious fanatics at bay, supressing them as they rise. Without him I fear the worse for Egypt, which has one of the strongest armies in the Middle East.

Upvote 0
This actually scares me. Dont forget what happened in Iran where the protests brought upon a religious therocracy.
Mubarak while indeed being a dictator, knows how to keep the religious fanatics at bay, supressing them as they rise. Without him I fear the worse for Egypt, which has one of the strongest armies in the Middle East.

On the other hand the army has mind of it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I wonder what Zahi Hawass has to say about the vandilism and looting that took place at the Egyptian Museum in Cairo.

Without the intervention of some citizens it could have been on the scale of the Baghdad artifact lootings.

I'm sure he can guarantee the protection of the Rosetta Stone or the bust of Nefertiti. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
The islamic revolution in Iran wasnt a islamic revolution when it started. It was a get rid of ****ty dictator who ****s us over to help his friends from other countries.

Mubarek has done the same to a lesser extend but still egypt had rather brutal oppression and such oppression only breeds more extremism.

Upvote 0
do we have any forum members trapped in Egypt at the moment? I know they wouldn't be able to respond (Internet and phonelines were brought down by the Egyptian goverment), but I feel bad for any of our members thrown into such a violent situation.

As for the outcome of the revoloution...we will see. However, it is interesting to note that there were talks of Obama talking to The Brotherhood, but that is likely just him taking precautions.

Really, in the end, the revoloution is sitting on the fence. Will there be a new dictator? Will any of Egypt's inner turmoils (coptic christians, perhaps?) cause disturbances one Mubarak is down? Will the military turn on the people, fight the goverment, or remain nuetral? Will the extremists take over?

Well, I certainly don't know. We'll just have to wait and see how the largest Muslim state of the Middle East will turn out.

Upvote 0
Wow. Guess we'll all see what happens next.

yeah. The funny thing is that the media, at least over here, is pretty much saying "But they've been protesting for twooo whoooole weeeks, cant they just have a revoloution and be done with it. xD Yes, because didn't you know the american one just took 3 days....:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
yeah. The funny thing is that the media, at least over here, is pretty much saying "But they've been protesting for twooo whoooole weeeks, cant they just have a revoloution and be done with it. xD Yes, because didn't you know the american one just took 3 days....:rolleyes:
Yeah, it's best to ignore the biased media here. They blow things way out of proportion (but that's common knowledge already). You can't go wrong with the BBC. :)

Upvote 0
The rest of the world should take an example from Egypt. Dissent through direct action is a powerful thing. In most countries if the people are unhappy with the government they express their frustrations by complaining on the internet or, equally useless, by voting. :rolleyes: The Egyptian people really seem to understand that governments work for the people, not the other way around. Oh, if only the rest of the world understood this extremely simple concept...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Great pics!

All the best to the Egyptians, and I really hope they can finally put together something resembling a true democracy after this, not just another military regime, the middle east has seen too many of those.

Like Klaus I'm worried the extremists could take power, in Iran there was a long period of uncertainty who would take control, the moderates or the extremists. Hopefully there is not a large base of religious support in Egypt.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't think it'll turn into another Iran. Too many agnostic/atheist Egyptians not to mention 10% of the population are Coptic Christians. Egyptians laugh at the suggestion that their revolution could turn into an Islamic one. Don't think they overthrew a secular dictator just to have a new Islamic dictator. Egypt is a pretty liberal Muslim country. Lots of girls wearing tight jeans etc.

Here's an example:

YouTube - "Bravest girl in Egypt" translated into English

Sure she's in Muslim garb (though not the all black eye slit thing ala Iran) but just the fact that men are following the lead and chant of a woman is a huge indicator.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bluehawk
Upvote 0