• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Melee charge?

You allready can run and melee someone in Ostfront dude.
I do it all the time when Im firing at a German and by bullets go out.
I just, basicly, Banzai charge him.

And how does that work out for you?

Yay, now my super speedy bayo will be able to pierce the Red Army Soldaten like a hot knife through butter.

Upvote 0
And how does that work out for you?

Yay, now my super speedy bayo will be able to pierce the Red Army Soldaten like a hot knife through butter.

When you are out of bullets and you don't have a pistol or grenades, the only thing you can do is shank a guy and pray that you stay alive.
I didnt say it was my first choice because I rather like shooting fascists with a bit of distance without getting swiss cheese'd by MP40's.

Upvote 0
a skilled bayoneter runs in an unpredictable zig zag pattern and crouches randomly as well to avoid gunfire.

i use my middle mouse for bayoneting, and while i consider myself a good bayoneter, that probably is the worst button to use since my finger tends to slip off the wheel at the worst possible times. i tried changing but im so used to my current controls it wasnt worth it

Upvote 0
I always thought it was a bit badly implemented. Couldn't get used to the bayo and I hope it's better in RO2.

I am not great, but the clunkyness (dunno how to say it) didn't motivate me to learn it well:rolleyes:

I just played a game with you about a couple hours ago on TWB server I think.

I was bayoneting guys like crazy, it's not that hard actually... just stick them with the pointy end. :p

Upvote 0
Melee was kind of unpredictable in RO:O, especially trying to hit someone with the butt of the rifle. Should be quite hard to miss someone with a swing in reality, but at the same time the clunkyness had the effect that people wouldn't over use it.

(though it was pretty annoying that prone enemies were almost impossible to hit :p )

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just played a game with you about a couple hours ago on TWB server I think.

I was bayoneting guys like crazy, it's not that hard actually... just stick them with the pointy end. :p

How nice, it even went well (spraying the mg like crazy:rolleyes:).
Is you nick in-game also KAIZER SOSA, the name doesn't ring a bell honestly. Or you were on my team, don't read those names that often:eek:

Everytime I try to bayo, first problem is sprinting while holding the melee key, it will not always work. Also when to release the button is a problem.
I tried Jukendo once (bayonetting essentially) and it's extremely easy, but in-game sometimes I just miss people standing still (I guess I was too far away:D).

Thinking of it, maybe I just need a 3d screen:eek:

Edit: Maybe too much smilies...

Upvote 0
I do quite a bit of hip-firing, grenades, and bayonetting in Ostfront because of how often I have to storm buildings. It's not really that hard, but when facing Pah-Puh-Sha's, it's best just to frag them out. :p

EDIT: Some of my best times in RO are coming around corners to bayonet a few Russians who don't expect me and die trying to get a shot off on me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You allready can run and melee someone in Ostfront dude.
I do it all the time when Im firing at a German and by bullets go out.
I just, basicly, Banzai charge him.

All this time and I didn't know that.... go figure..... I'd just stroll up to them and spork em.... or run up and then walk forward and spork em.

You learn something new everyday I guess..... though this isn't new for everyone else, lol. I just never encountered anybody running and bayoing before.... just doing the leisure-stroll stab

Melee was kind of unpredictable in RO:O, especially trying to hit someone with the butt of the rifle. Should be quite hard to miss someone with a swing in reality, but at the same time the clunkyness had the effect that people wouldn't over use it.

I remember I decided to play the solo SP a few days back against some bots and while one was reloading I figured he was close enough that I'd give him a good club.....

... I slugged the guy in the face around 5 times before he dropped.... started to feel like that guy in Platoon.

(though it was pretty annoying that prone enemies were almost impossible to hit :p )

Just shove a grenade in their mouth and run away. You have to come up from behind, crouch, pull the grenade pin and cook it, then press F+Space+Down on your mouse-look and let go. It'll animate your hand grabbing their helmet and pulling their head back and while they scream in pain because their neck is being pulled, your other hand shoves the grenade in their mouth. :D

Last edited:
Upvote 0