• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New patch issue

Another thing, the promotion that lets people take over other people classes its really annoying, becoming annoying a lot.

I had a feeling that the promotion system would have to be re-thinked when they did the class balancing. It was never a problem before, but because although everyone complains about the autos, everyone also uses the autos! Hence there's now an in-built contradiction to the game.

Upvote 0
I had a feeling that the promotion system would have to be re-thinked when they did the class balancing. It was never a problem before, but because although everyone complains about the autos, everyone also uses the autos! Hence there's now an in-built contradiction to the game.

If they dont want to remove the promotion thing, at least they can set for the player thats losing its class due to other team mate having promotion and taking over his role, to at least have some sort of notification.

I personally never accept the promotion due to knowing how it feels being left out from your role without even knowing that happened.

Upvote 0
If they dont want to remove the promotion thing, at least they can set for the player thats losing its class due to other team mate having promotion and taking over his role, to at least have some sort of notification.

I personally never accept the promotion due to knowing how it feels being left out from your role without even knowing that happened.

I just use the promotion thing to re-select the class I was already using, with the hopes that it'd cancel out anybody attempting to take my class.

Not sure if it works that way, but it doesn't hurt :cool:

Reactions: Richey79 and TT33
Upvote 0
The promotion crap is BS. Nothing pisses me off more than loading the map first. Getting the marksman class first, getting all super excited to play as a sniper then BAM...you either dont spawn or some douche that got promoted took it from you.

I usually make it a point to find the idiot that did it, hunt him down, TK him then take his rifle as he waits for a respawn.

Call me a dick, I dont care. I call it KARMA.

Promotions and this auto balance crap needs to go. Its annoying as hell. If I had a dollar for every time ive facepalmed because of one of those reasons....

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Is not an issue, but really now - we can still shoot thru walls ???
In Grain Elevator, objective C is almost impossible for Axis, and now, the new (I would say) bug that allows Allies to shoot the wall near the back stairs, makes it even more impossible.
Not to !@#$ mentioning the MUCH MORE longer time that takes to Axis from spawning to that C (or D, if that matters).

Dudes, tell the truth - you want to sell more this game to Russia, or what ?

Upvote 0
All that need happen is that the promotions are tiered.

Rifleman, assault, elite rifle, engineer, AT gunner can only ever be promoted to the same/similar as above or sqaud leader.

Squad leaders can only be promoted to Captain... or lesser if they chose.

Bolt rifleman can optionally over asault class or elite rifle class can promote them selves to sniper but only if they can say acheive at least 2 kills over 80mtr to get the chance, but only while sniper is currently under 7 killls or something similar..

Like in the real army you dont go from private to captain...you go from private to lietentant first.

Would solve the unbalance issues and make players earn there spot.

There would still be some very mild unbalance if say someone was a good squad leader and where knocked out by a full auto gun slinger yet they dont even know how to mark arty....but you can still get people with faster net connections who can take the squad leader role and waste it as easily as someone earning it through promoations.

Just some slight tweks and it would be pretty sweet having it tiered.

Upvote 0
The promotion crap is BS. Nothing pisses me off more than loading the map first. Getting the marksman class first, getting all super excited to play as a sniper then BAM...you either dont spawn or some douche that got promoted took it from you.

I usually make it a point to find the idiot that did it, hunt him down, TK him then take his rifle as he waits for a respawn.

Call me a dick, I dont care. I call it KARMA.

Promotions and this auto balance crap needs to go. Its annoying as hell. If I had a dollar for every time ive facepalmed because of one of those reasons....

Can you imagine how all the users with configurations that do not allow for fast map loading time feel?

They almost never get any of the special roles, due to the ability of people with fast PC's(such as those with SSD's) to load the map first and always take the class they want to pick.

A field promotion only happens when you die, so as long as you manage to stay alive while holding a special weapon, you will not be kicked from your role.

Having said that, it's still silly that there's no warning of someone taking your class, no warning that you don't have a class selected and won't spawn. I'm not a big fan of someone being able to take your role in the first place. So I wouldn't mind a different system.

Americas Army does this by allowing the players with a higher honour level to be able to select a role faster. This forces newbies to learn how to handle bolt-action rifles, and it would guarantee that people with special classes, atleast have experience at playing the game.

Upvote 0
Can you imagine how all the users with configurations that do not allow for fast map loading time feel?
Just try to put the textures on lowest quality maybe you are faster ingame then. :D

Americas Army does this by allowing the players with a higher honour level to be able to select a role faster. This forces newbies to learn how to handle bolt-action rifles, and it would guarantee that people with special classes, atleast have experience at playing the game.
Yes but you have to wait 20-30secs before every round

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I think its great because it lets people who play better then you get the better roles.

This is illogical, to be kind :) You get a promotion simply based on points earned with your current class. This gives no indication of how useful you will be after you switch to a different class via promotion. So, you can easily grab an assault and rack up points, then steal the sniper spot from someone who is far better than you at sniping, but has less points due to the points-scoring advantage of your class. Just because you've been killing lots with an auto in a cap zone, that doesn't mean you're a better sniper that the person currently using that class.

If you want to snipe on the hill play BC2

You haven't though this through have you? :)

1) There is a sniper class - it is there to be played
2) Snipers are intended to be long-range
3) If you find a sniping spot that's out-of-cap-zone, but is still an excellent sniping spot, you use it - points are not the aim of the game, winning is.

The guy should score some team points and learn capturing instead.

Completely irrelevant. A sniper's job is to take out as many of the enemy as possible without being detected - a sniper does not need to "learn capturing" to do their chosen job successfully.

Seriously, basing your judgement of how effective someone will be @ class B on how well they do with class A, makes no sense at all. The two things aren't even linked by a scrap of logic.

Reactions: Tweek
Upvote 0
Promotion system is ****... I mean good idea, but ****ed implementation.

Maybe its another new feature introduced with patch. Happened to me two times yesterday. Namely I sprayed with blank bullets in my Ppsh.
After second one, i just quit from the game... I loaded half of drum mag into enemy after that he killed me from 3 meters.

Upvote 0

They almost never get any of the special roles, due to the ability of people with fast PC's(such as those with SSD's) to load the map first and always take the class they want to pick.

I really dont care how they feel. I was one of those people up untill a few months ago. Infact I was running a rig I built in 2001 and built my current rig just so I could play RO2. I wanted to build a fast rig so I did. I had enough of sh*tty FPS and long load times. I busted my butt to afford to build my rig...I worked overtime, saved my cash, etc.

Never once did I complain about how slow my old rig was or how unfair it was when other people took the tanks I wanted to drive in darkest hour just because they had better hardware than me and we able to load the map fastest.

Instead of crying about it and saying "OMGZ THE SSD PPL ALWAYS GET SNIPER SPOT, NOT FAIR!!1! THERE NEEDS TO BE A BALANCE OR SOMEWAY MAKING IT FAIR" I busted my butt, was smart with my money and became one of the SSD people.

If you want to play a certain spot...shell out the cash to be able to do so. Dont play the "its not fair" card just because youre poor, lazy, stupid with your money or youd rather spend your money on cheezy poofs and cyber fap material rather than a SSD.

All those people that disliked my post are obvious people that have slow rigs. :p

Reguarding what I said on autobalance. I think still think its crap. If a few people decide to leave on the enemy team, some unlucky guys or even you will get booted to the other team. Now if youre one of those people that only likes to play on one side, you arent going to be very motivated playing for the other team. I know im not. I usually end up leaving the server if I cant get back to my old side by spamming the team select button.

Random autobalancing people that are already playing is stupid and it shouldnt even be there. Nothing is more frustrating that chosing a class and a specific weapon because you WANT to gain class & weapon XP...but then you get RANDOMLY autobalanced and get stuck playing with some stupid weapon & class you dont want to play with. dumb crap like that makes me and im sure a hell of alot of others faceplam.

Rather than autobalancing the existing people, only allow new players to the server to join the team that needs the players...like it is already. If those new players dont want to play on that team, theyll leave...then others will come in and fill those slots. What im saying is remove autobalance for exisiting players and keep the limit on what team you can join when joining a server. Both problems solved without pissing anybody off.

Last edited:
Upvote 0