• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My new flamethrower

Neoco

Grizzled Veteran
Jun 25, 2009
I call it the RMS-104 flamethrower, or you can call it whatever you want to call it. This isn't a real gun name actually, I just made the name up. What different from this flamethrower and the regular flamethrower is that the RMS-104's flames are infused with toxic chemicals that eat away skin and flesh. This means that the damage is doubled (and that the flames are green instead of orange) and burns will either last longer or deal more damage. I would suggest the cost to be 2000 - 2500 pounds and be the equivalent of SCAR for Commando and M14EBR for Sharpshooter.

So another flamer with just another colour that deals more damage?
Boring.
Reminds me of pallette-swapped sprites for stronger versions of the same thing back in snes days.
Kinda cheap and lazy.

Having only the flamer and nothing else to buy is what makes firebug pretty boring to play right now imo.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So another flamer with just another colour that deals more damage?
Boring.
Reminds me of pallette-swapped sprites for stronger versions of the same thing back in snes days.
Kinda cheap and lazy.

Having only the flamer and nothing else to buy is what makes firebug pretty boring to play right now imo.
There isn't really any other type of weapon that will suit a firebug more than a flamethrower so this is the best I can do

Upvote 0
Napalm launcher? (heard that stuff is pretty hardcore. Burns through metal and ****)

Napalm is just a thickener added to gasoline so it sticks to stuff and burns longer. Won't burn through much more than wood.

That quadruple rocket launcher is pretty lame, considering the tail of the flame from the rocket is about 10m long when it's fired, so if you're gonna make it at real as possible, tough luck on ff sv. I think that's why that model became obsoleted.

But the rest is kinda cool :)

LOL "as real as possible". Have you forgotten what game you play?

And it became "obsoleted" because infantry just call in JDAMs if they encounter anything more troublesome than a stray dog and thus have no need for anything like that, especially since it's the size of an entire luggage set.

For the record, both the M136 and the SMAW have huge backblast zones and seem to be as popular as ever.

Reactions: the 1st wasted
Upvote 0
Christ I meant thermite.
But I guess there's no launcher for that stuff or is there.

Nah, it's a slow-burning powder, so there's really not much of a point.

Now I wanna see a missile filled with magnesium bird shot, or a HEAT warhead with metallic potassium in place of copper. I'm pretty sure that last one would be a war crime in and of itself.

No, I'm not, that's why I wrote "as possible".

And thanks for the explanation. Now we all know that there's some rocket launchers with huge blast zone.

Pretty much all rocket launchers and recoilless rifles have huge blast zones. The only exceptions are specifically-designed models with soft launch, where a small charge boosts the missile out of the launcher before the motor is ignitied (note: only guided missiles can feasibly have this feature, e.g. the SRAW, ERYX, Javelin, etc.).

Reactions: the 1st wasted
Upvote 0
The obvious solution is to mount flamethrowers onto each arm like a Firebat from Starcraft.

I would not mind seeing a weapon that was something like the launcher, but that seems just as bland as the flamethrower... It had it's moment as being one of the best crowd controller, but like previous poster stated; Demolition perk completely dominates us on that field.

Anyways, maybe TWI can get creative/innovative over the Firebug weapon, but seeing how all weapons that have been developed off based off real rifle, shotguns, etc... That's not going to happen.

Upvote 0
greenflamer.jpg

Upvote 0
I'd so use that to fry enemies behind me...

That FLASH launcher was a good idea, but if we aim to realism, that would be a superior weapon, because one missle could burn everything about 50 meters around blast. (If not bigger radius) And thoose backflames too.

Napalm could be a good option, when setting on enemies fire and it may be used to make firewalls and that sounds cool.

Upvote 0
Pretty much all rocket launchers and recoilless rifles have huge blast zones. The only exceptions are specifically-designed models with soft launch, where a small charge boosts the missile out of the launcher before the motor is ignitied (note: only guided missiles can feasibly have this feature, e.g. the SRAW, ERYX, Javelin, etc.).

Oh well, next time I should have a *Sarcasm intended* tag on some of my posts.

Yes, I'm well aware of that technical issue. If it's zero blast zone, then the solder shooting it will fly back as much as the rocket fly forward.

But anyway, thanks for the info. (this time, no sarcasm, thou)

Upvote 0
You have no idea what you're talking about. Zero blast zone means that it's a kinetic launch and the rocket starts OUTSIDE of the launcher. There is no recoil, there is no blowback.

Agreed though that another flamethrower could work if only it is of lower quality and suits a completely different role (EXAMPLE: it can do things the demolition man can't.)

An M202A1 flash seems to be the best and most well rounded third tier weapon to add as well.

Upvote 0