• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Beta Map RO-Kriegstadt beta 1

EvilHobo

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 22, 2005
Germany, NRW
bannerpreviewxl4.jpg

RO-Kriegstadt: The Fall of Berlin, beta 1

Links Updated September 8th

DOWNLOAD HERE
(FileFront)
DOWNLOAD HERE (MegaUpload)

Historical Background: Beginning on the 20th of April, 1945, the city of Berlin fell within range of Soviet artillery and signaled the start of the Battle of Berlin. Within a few days, the city would see itself encircled and its supply stocks captured: the fate of Berlin was sealed. Yet within the city itself was a garrison of some 45,000 Wehrmacht and Waffen-SS soldiers, far less than what it was said would be required to defend adequately. The defense of the city was divided in to eight defense sectors with designations from “A” to “H,” and in the center lay Sektor Z or the “Zitadelle” where the XVIII Panzergrenadier Division was held in reserve. Over the next week, Soviet forces overran the city block by block, reducing the territory held by the Germans to a strip of land no larger than 15km long and 3km at its widest. At this point, the date was April 28th 1945, and the Third Shock Army was little more than over a kilometer away from the Reichstag. But between the Soviets and their objective remains the 11.SS ‘Nordland’ division, a volunteer force of Scandinavians who will fight to the bitter end, and they hold a vital obstacle which will need to be overcome: the Moltke Bridge.

Map Description: Kriegstadt is a combined arms map which seeks to recreate the experience of the Battle of Berlin while operating within the framework of the offensive undertaken by the 150th Rifle Division of the Third Shock Army against the units of the 11.SS ‘Nordland’ in the district of Moabit. Players will find themselves fighting amidst the ruins of the city, in the streets, and in vicious room-to-room fighting within those buildings left intact by the intensive shelling.

Screenshots

Features:
An urban landscape of nearly 1km in depth
A multitude of accessible buildings and ruins
The powerful 88mm PaK 43/41
SS M43 tunics and Oak A pattern camouflage uniforms
M43 pattern Soviet tunics and Greatcoats
Modified Machine Guns and tracers for added realism and lethality
Russian tanks specifically designed to cater to the role of infantry support
Hull mounted machine gun on the IS-2 Heavy Tank
Pantherturm static gun emplacement

Loadouts:
Allies:
Reinforcements: 1250
x1 Kommandir Oteldynia
x1 Kommandir Tanka
x2 Pulemetchik
x3 Epihzah Tanka
x8 Avtomatchik
∞ Strelok

Axis:
Reinforcements: 450
x1 Zugf

Last edited:
i checked it out in the editor, cause it's one of those maps that don't show in the practice maplist.

it really looks great, finally a big late war city map.
i also stole youre roleinfo icons and pasted them on pariserplatz to check out the new uniforms :)
im in love with the german uniforms allready and they have more caps and everything.
it will take time to get used to the russian outfits, i cant wait to see how it plays online cause it's really hard to tell the difference now. and i mean really hard!

good job

Upvote 0
i checked it out in the editor, cause it's one of those maps that don't show in the practice maplist.

It also doesn't show in the Server Maplist nor does it LOAD.....

Error LogFile
Code:
Failed to load 'axis_dh_artillery_stc': Can't find file for package 'axis_dh_art
illery_stc'
Failed to load 'axis_dh_Pak43_anm': Can't find file for package 'axis_dh_artille
ry_stc'
Failed to load 'DH_ROGuns': Can't find file for package 'axis_dh_artillery_stc'
Failed to load 'RO-Kriegstadt_b1': Can't find file for package 'axis_dh_artiller
y_stc'
Failed to load 'LevelSummary RO-Kriegstadt_b1.LevelSummary': Can't find file for
 package 'axis_dh_artillery_stc'
Error loading RO-Kriegstadt_b1 !

These two files are in my Static Mesh folder...

dh_artillery_stc.usx
EH-MG_Tracers.usx

I double checked all files and everything that was in the .RAR file is in the right places.

Upvote 0
Sorry guys, been away from a computer for 6 hours. Still not back at my usual computer, so I will work to correct the issue when I get there. It has worked for a few people already, so I don't quite know what issues you are having here.

Will set to getting everything straightened out in a few hours or so. Sorry it didn't come out perfectly; lots of custom content!

EDIT: Please post any issues here or PM them to me if need be. I want to get this map out and working!

Upvote 0