• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

It's a sad day when...

Don't worry bro

Don't worry bro

You get kicked for not letting somebody glitch.
"Please kick Gearson! He's stopping the glitch and I died."
*kicked*

:mad:

Reactor East | Normal 2.0, is a no glitch server, (IP: 66.55.137.27:7707) Try it out, I'm looking to give admin privs to some good players. We kicked glitchers ALL the time...if i'm there. Except, I let them get into the game a for a few mins, then kick them, it makes them hurt all the more.

gigs

Upvote 0
I do find the whole glitch-using mentality weird. If you're going to cheat why bother playing in the first place? It's like giving one person a million pounds at monopoly and letting everyone else play it the fair, hard way, and let's face it more fun way. Where's the challenge? Me and a mate were stopping people from doing it last night... and WE get called the noobs lol. But anywho it's fixed now so woot =)

Upvote 0
I loved the glitchers as much as I hated them. They were so fun to taunt, especially when you stopped them from glitching. I've found a few times where I've been playing in beginner mode and have had people glitching. When I stopped them from glitching guess what, they died :rolleyes: I'm sorry, but if you can't beat beginner mode without cheating you really shouldn't be playing this game... or any other game aside from maybe the original mario for nintendo. Careful though, wouldn't want you to lose on that too and end up crying like they do in KF.

Upvote 0
Yeah, I hear ya. I just ended up renting a server myself. I can't stand glitching, I don't mind if you accidentally find one and plan on reporting it, but glitching for the sake of unfair gameplay is lame. It's their server let them glitch, there are plenty of other good servers out there, as matter of factly several servers have recently changed their names to include "Glitchers will be banned" or something simmilar.

Peace,
-Komrade

Upvote 0
I feel all warm inside when I kick and permanently ban exploiters from my server without prior warning. I kick back, take a sip of my Pinot grigio light a Hamlet cigar and boombadaboomkickzorsglitcherc%ntzorsdiebymyhandzors.

Probably one of the best posts iv read on these forums! We salute you sir! One thing though, you forgot to don your smoking jacket.

Upvote 0
I don't know, the original mario game could be beat in under 15 minutes, then again I guess so can beginner mode if you put it on a short waves.

The record speedrun for quake is apparently about 13 minutes. There's also about a 22 minute speedrun through ghosts and goblins, which in my opinion is one of the hardest games ever made. Being beatable in a short amount of time doesn't necessarily make it easier--it just shows how huge of an effect skill can have on the game.

Upvote 0
The record speedrun for quake is apparently about 13 minutes. There's also about a 22 minute speedrun through ghosts and goblins, which in my opinion is one of the hardest games ever made. Being beatable in a short amount of time doesn't necessarily make it easier--it just shows how huge of an effect skill can have on the game.
It's not even skill, half the time. In a lot of speed runs they just rely on shortcuts. Ever seen a portal speedrun? Only 1 or 2 of the puzzles get beaten the way they are intended to, the rest all of ridiculous shortcuts. Granted, it's skill to use the shortcuts in such a swift manner, but it's not the normal type of gaming skill. It's using a predetermined path and having everything already laid out, rather than actively playing and reacting in real time to unknown variables.

Last edited:
Upvote 0