• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

8 person LAN parties

Alfalfa139

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 19, 2011
Ok, before I begin, I just want to apologize if this is in the wrong forum, but I deemed it to be, at least to some extent, a support issue!

Ok, in the near future, I am planning with some friends to host a LAN party for Killing Floor. I hope to host a local server, where my friends and I can play off-line together on all the proper maps etc etc etc. One problem, however, is that there are 8 people attending, all of whom are accomplished at KF, and would eagerly want to play. Now, Killing Floor is traditionally played with 6 people on a team, but I was hoping would anybody be able to give me information on the following things.

1) How to host a LAN with many computers, which include Pc desktops, pc laptops, and one Macbook. What leads, ports, additional software or hardware would be needed to do this. We all own a copy of KF of course, and all play it on Steam. Any help here would be appreciated.

2) Secondly, and perhaps more importantly, I would like to know if 8 man servers can be hosted locally? If there are mods that allow for this, or are there any alternatives? I would really appreciate any help, especially help hosting an 8 man server. I know that large servers, far more than 6 players servers, can be played on-line, so is there any problems with 8 man servers locally?

Thank you for reading, and thank you for any help you may give. Please ask any questions you need to ask, and Ill do my best to answer them! And again, if this topic does not regard support, I apologize!

Thank you =D

Hello,

If you play more than 6 people,you should know that the perk will be disabled.

For my lan (15 ppl) I have do :

A dedicated server (see here)
Install this mutator ( how to here) :
-> KFMaxPlayer
-> KFModsPerkReplacement1011
-> KFAntiBlocker

And this to have permanently the mutator :

they also need to be added to the default gametype if you want them installed permanently, and server packages so that players will download it if they don't already have it. otherwise if you just put it in the command line it will only run for the first map, and players who don't have it will not be able to join.

1) web admin --> defaults --> voting gameconfig --> edit

2) killingfloor.ini --> [Engine.GameEngine] --> ServerPackages=MyMutatorFile.u
At end, you have a KF Server for more than 6 ppl.

RVM

Reactions: Alfalfa139
Upvote 0
Hello,

If you play more than 6 people,you should know that the perk will be disabled.

For my lan (15 ppl) I have do :

A dedicated server (see here)
Install this mutator ( how to here) :
-> KFMaxPlayer
-> KFModsPerkReplacement1011
-> KFAntiBlocker

And this to have permanently the mutator :

they also need to be added to the default gametype if you want them installed permanently, and server packages so that players will download it if they don't already have it. otherwise if you just put it in the command line it will only run for the first map, and players who don't have it will not be able to join.

1) web admin --> defaults --> voting gameconfig --> edit

2) killingfloor.ini --> [Engine.GameEngine] --> ServerPackages=MyMutatorFile.u
At end, you have a KF Server for more than 6 ppl.

RVM

Upvote 0