• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Call of Duty: Black Ops

The COD series never had many good mods.

German Front MOD for COD1/UO
RGN Vietnam MOD for WAW
Galatic Warfare for COD4

They are the three best quality mods I can remember but I'm sure there are more.

There are also great competitive mods. Pam which evolved into promod for COD2/4 which has attracted a lot of competitive players and made the games attractive to run competitions for LAN events.

Then there are also the numerous maps/skins from the likes of groups like AfterHourz (who moved onto RO ;)). So I thought the series was well served with good custom content up until MW2.

Upvote 0
Whether or not you're a fan of the series or the zombie mode in Black Ops, you can't deny that this trailer is AWESOME:

YouTube - Call of Duty: Black Ops Escalation - Call of the Dead [Official HD]

On May 3rd, download "Escalation", the second Call of Duty: Black Ops map pack, to play as the zombie-killing dream-team of Sarah Michelle Gellar, Robert Englund, Michael Rooker, and Danny Trejo against a new and unnerving zombie menace. Set in a mysterious, ice-covered, remote Siberian island and inspired by legendary writer and director George A. Romero, a group of four fearless explorers fight for their lives amidst an army of bloodthirsty Soviet zombies.

Upvote 0
nothing about that game is attractive to me in the least. that's a downright rare quality as i am able to find some commendable features in everything, except that...thing.

again, i must suppress my unhealthy urge to wish death upon the hapless developer folk who got themselves involved in the creation of that abomination.

Reactions: Zips
Upvote 0
I sincerely hope you are being sarcastic.

It takes absolutely no skill to get like a 20-30 kill streak on that map, especially on DEM, where all the sheep run into the same spot all the time.

I really don't understand how people can play that map. All it's good for is playing 1v1 or 2v2 in private matches.

Upvote 0
I sincerely hope you are being sarcastic.

It takes absolutely no skill to get like a 20-30 kill streak on that map, especially on DEM, where all the sheep run into the same spot all the time.

I really don't understand how people can play that map. All it's good for is playing 1v1 or 2v2 in private matches.

Well, since it's so easy, why dont you do it then ? Or better yet, let's play one of those 1v1 matches you are speaking so highly of.

Upvote 0