• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

BDVehicles on the way

Cool, it would be really awesome if you could have four people in the back (since there will be a driver and shooter up front), and you could open the back doors while the vehicle was moving and fir out the back.

Also, can we expect to see the helicopter from Departed at some point? I'd love to operate the minigun or paradrop from the back.

depheli.png

Upvote 0
Thank you all soooo much for joining in a very serious and focussed Beta Test session yesterday. It was the first time we could test the mod with more than 2 players in one sitting.

We peaked the server with 6 players:

=Z.E.D.= Sambropukka
JustFilth
Gregs2k2
Sandcrawler
braindead[UG]
arramus

We tested for about 3 and a half hours solid and rotated through:

Blood Mountain (A gentlemanly Zed hunt)
Death Basin (to Patty)
Farm Fuzz (At the end for a cool down)
Manor Mini (For less than one wave)
Mountain Peak Day (A good introduction to passenger role)
Multistorey Car Park (We did eventually go to lower levels)
West London (Early warm up)
Tricky (Helicopter ejector seat)

We have still yet to test:

Manor Forklift Frenzy
Mos Eisley Scum
TheddlePedal (Waited for THEDDLE)

We played in the Chicago server due to a technical glitch with the Euro one (after a restart it appears to be OK again) and our pings were pretty even at all in the 120 ~ 150 region reflecting our locations.

After a few questions about controls and features and a little warm up everybody 'mastered' the vehicles very quickly and we knuckled down to some very efficient fragging. This was particularly so in the latter stage in Death Basin where we managed to complete 7 full waves and face the Patty.

Here are a few screenshots showing everyone's commitment to making sure the mod was throughly and professionally Beta tested.

Very early into testing.
beta7.jpg

Rear shot gunner in the army lorry.
beta9.jpg

The rear shot gunner's view...
beta8.jpg

The condors circle their prey.
beta6.jpg

Nothing gets between a player and his vehicle (except for sometimes a FF stray bullet)
beta5.jpg

Out the back window of a mini.
beta4.jpg

Zoom view from a passenger seat.
beta2.jpg

A collage on innards.
beta3.jpg

We heard some great feedback about features and ideas, namely, Chopper blade efficacy on Zeds | Parachute escape seats for Heli (could be implemented into cars for a James Bond moment as well with flames skirting from the sides of the vehicle with remaining fuel?) | Vehicle volume suggestions | Map features.

I hope everyone felt that even in its current form it was a very bug free experience and provided a dynamic and challenging new game mode.

Thank you very much for testing on this occasion and I hope it was a lot of fun.

Upvote 0
PS: Can anyone name the maps in these screenshots for me please?
It's a stunt map created for UT 2004 I believe. Since my Uni uses the Unreal 2 Engine to teach 3D modelling and such, we have that map and a bunch of others (along with UT 2k4 itself) on all the lab machines. If you still haven't found out by the 23rd of September, I'll be able to find out for you.

Upvote 0
It's a stunt map created for UT 2004 I believe. Since my Uni uses the Unreal 2 Engine to teach 3D modelling and such, we have that map and a bunch of others (along with UT 2k4 itself) on all the lab machines. If you still haven't found out by the 23rd of September, I'll be able to find out for you.

The maps called ONS-Tricky it was added to ut2004 as part of the community bonus pack. Also I was going to say how much this mod reminds me of a mod for ut2004 called road kill warriors which I think was based off madmax.

Upvote 0