• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ride able tanks [Merged]

ride able tanks [Merged]

• yes lets hop on an IS2

Votes: 36 75.0%
  • no i dont like it

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • maybe depends it works

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • ill think about it

Votes: 2 4.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
6197-1.jpg

The infantry riding better be able to fire back, since they will attract ALOT of attention by rolling into narrow streets. People always try to pick off the tank commander thats popped out, you'll only see more riflemen paying attention to exactly who is riding on top of the tank for easy shot.

Upvote 0
I wish I still had the picture saved on my PC (Hard Disk Formatted), but it was of German infantry riding into (if I remember right) Kursk on the top of a PzIV. There were two MG34 gunners on the top in between the turret and the turret skirt.

It looked really cool, I just wish I could show you guys it.

Anyways, I'd like the idea of having some sort of tank desant tactic ingame so long as the game has large enough maps...

Upvote 0
What if the turret turns and fires. Would they all get blown off the tank?

Wouldn't the shell cause some Freindly Fire. Like a tank shell to the back of the head might leave a mark.

Seems to be too much work for too many bugs and holes in it, But the idea is good. So long as its limited, only a few guys sat at the back. With either no ability to fire or limited firing arc. To stop it being overpowered. Like a load of guys with guns stood on tanks shooting. Drive-By shootings with IS-2's wern't common in ww2. :IS2:

;)

Upvote 0