• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game needs graphics optimization?

I got almost the same fps on high as on medium, it doesnt boost my fps at all. And i have about 15-20 fps outdoors when looking on wide ranges. And maybe 30-40 indoors.

Well my CPU doesnt hit the recommended requirements:

I got an Q8200 @ 2,33 Ghz (2,6Ghz Quad) recommended!
My gpu is an Sapphire ATI 6850Hd-series graphic card so it should be enough.

My question: Do i get those damn low fps because of low CPU because i dont think its my graphic card.

Upvote 0
Yeah, TWI just needs to hit the OPTIMIZE button a few more times. I can't for the life of me figure out why so many developers don't optimize their games more. It's so easy, why don't they just push the button a couple more times?

</sarcasm>

Optimization is one of the most difficult and time consuming things you can do. It requires you to basically take a system that is functioning as intended and strip it down or do something really clever so that it executes more quickly or with less of a memory footprint. In the process of doing that, you have to ensure that you don't break something along the way.

Upvote 0
Just thought I'd agree that this game NEEDS optimization so bad.

I have 2 gtx 460 1gb, 3.7ghz quadcore, 4 gb ddr3 ram and on maps like fallen fighters I get like 40 fps outdoors.

A lot of the time (especially indoors) I get a solid 80+ fps and it feel great. But randomly or when you go outside the fps just plummets to about 40 or less.

Pretty rough, this is the first game that drops down to 40 for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
What do you mean by ''cant blow it away'' :confused:
I'm guessing he means run it really well. In a way he's kinda right, considering the age of the engine (sure it's had updates) it's kinda strange how poorly it's performing for a lot of people.

I do recon it will get fix (well i really hope, i'm one of the people who gets poor performance :D).

Upvote 0
I'm guessing he means run it really well. In a way he's kinda right, considering the age of the engine (sure it's had updates) it's kinda strange how poorly it's performing for a lot of people.

I do recon it will get fix (well i really hope, i'm one of the people who gets poor performance :D).
Ahhh, thanks.
He is right, the engine should run it swell.

Upvote 0
LOL, below 10fps!!! You sure you even had graphics drivers installed in the 1st place? ;-)

lol yeah, I'm sure. I was actually getting about 20~30 on the lowest settings, but when I cranked everything up to max (including activating all options and AA at max), it dipped below ten when the action picked up.

I'm not sure why, but for some reason my comp makes me reinstall my drivers every time I turn off my computer for certain games (so far, its only been the Assassin's Creed series, Witcher 2, and RO2) to run smoothly. That being said, after updating said drivers, again, I was getting 60~65 fps even with completely maxed settings. Not sure why it only gives me trouble with certain games.

My only plausible guess as to what the problem might be is that I'm running W7 64 bit, since the games I mentioned seem to have nothing in common otherwise (and 64 bit Windows has given me issues about other things as well). Whatever the case may be, some more optimization would be nice, but if simply reinstalling the drivers every time I boot up my PC will get it to work seamlessly, then, annoying as it is, I'm willing to live with that.

Upvote 0
black ops is using same engine as cod4.. just "enhanced".. and it runs like total crap, RO2 is running an "enhanced" UT3 engine and should be running better, i can get 200+ fps on UT3, 99 on RO2

difference between Tripwire and Treyarch.. Tripwire WILL fix the game, treyarch won't fix black ops.

Upvote 0
Q6600 currently @ 3.0ghz , 8 gigs ddr2 800, 4870x2 2gig. I havent checked the numbers but it feels silky smooth ( gonna guess the avg is 50-60 somewhere).

I think with only 4 gigs your system may be a bit starved considering windows is fiddling with a gig in the background all to itself...

Na, most games barely use 2 gigs of system ram. Someone stated they recorded using less than 1.5 gigs. 4 is enough.

Upvote 0
Since you guys seem to need a reminder, from the rules:

DO NOT Transmit any message, information, data, text, software or graphic files, or other materials ("Content") that is unlawful (including illegal drug usage), harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, hateful or racially, ethnically, sexually or otherwise objectionable.

Upvote 0
I just think the Unreal 3 engine blows in general, and the fact that RO2 plays and runs as well as it does is impressive. The other game I've played most recently on the U3 engine aside from UT3 itself, was Global Agenda and that had horrid optimization problems as well. You need a super computer from 2020 to play it well.

I'm convinced the issue is less with the game and more with the engine.

Upvote 0
SkOEJ.jpg

Upvote 0