• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Forgiving kills

Stryker

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 25, 2006
New York, NY
I think RO2 needs a system similar to the one I saw a-lot in Call of Duty 1. Where if you tk-ed someone a option popped up on the bottom to forgive press F1, to Punish Press F2.

Forgiving loses you no honor, punish does.

It would be quick and easy. Having to type np is just enough time to have a Luger put in your face.

Thoughts?

....That is why you type "np" on the spawn screen or when you are standing in spawn still. ;)

I wonder how long you can type np in though... You some times get the reinforcement timer at like 2 seconds o you dont have enough time in the spawn.

I do agree though, a simple pg up / pg down or whatever would be easier, but it's such a minor thing it doesnt bother me enough.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Actually the system is there. But when you say "np" it doesn't appear in the chat but the guy is still forgiven (well I think). But the fact that it doesn't show up is idiot because the guy will think "Ah he didn't say np, f*ck the "sorry" it's useless".

So when a guy say sorry after teamkilling you say "np" 3 times so it appears in the chat.

Y : np

Then he should see it.

Upvote 0
One thing I noticed, after a death that respawn screen pops up. I think while you are deciding where to respawn you may miss the message on who killed you. Maybe that accounts for some of the failure to forgive TKs?

This is why I loved the punish system recently put forward.

If someone doesn't know he got tked, he will never forgive. So although it was by accident, because he didn't realize the tk, he isn't forgiving.
If it is a punish system it's not a big deal.

Upvote 0
Whenever i get team killed i don't feel the need to say np whether someone said sorry or not. I'd never mean it anyway. Same way i don't expect a np whenever i team killed someone and said i was sorry.

But if you're gonna be an asshole and team kill me when i said i was sorry about team killing you earlier you can expect that bullet back. Thats just ****ing stupid.

Last edited:
Reactions: slyder73
Upvote 0