• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tripwire Ciriticsm

Status
Not open for further replies.

K-nu

Jul 25, 2009
ok first of all everyboy read this plz http://www.3dbuzz.com/vbforum/showthread.php?t=93895
secod : he migh have bought the game (you dont really know) and because he HATES STEAM he cracked it (you cant blame him)
third: I think IT SUCKS that a game can only be played multiplayer via internet EVEN IF YOU WANT TO PLAY LAN (its stupid)

looks like a lot aof people is posting bad things about tripwire ( but not in this forum , I wonder why . http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/killingfloor/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-50439282&pid=959897&page=0 )

Moved your post off because I didn't feel it fit with the other thread. And no, piracy is never tolerated nor acceptable. Don't like a game or it's systems, don't buy it, but don't pirate it either.

And people can post complaints there as much as they want. Just be civil. If somebody is causing a problem, report them and the moderator team will take care of it.

Upvote 0
All the links lead to are a combination of complaining about Steam and complaining about how Tripwire "Ruined" the game by making it retail. Nothing worth reading, IMO...

And no, pirating the game is never justified. In fact, it's the reason why smaller companies USE Steam; because it's very nature deters (Not stop, but certainly not makes it easy) piracy...

Upvote 0
This is s bad thread and wont help anyone here! The first thread (linked) started over 5 (yes 5) years ago...i took about 7 seconds on that page before i lost interest. I dont give a flying **** about something from 5 years ago about steam, im sure it has had prblems, i havent so HAHA (in the words of nelson).

The second thread bashes the player count, funny thing is when i join a room, friends and people see my name and the room is full within 2 minutes( people on the west US know i have some skills when it come to this game)...so i have never suffered from a lack of players in my servers. With that said, i believe this game is dying because of the lack of competition.

This is the difficulty break down...easy is SO simple (well its easy), normal became the new easy, hard..well it isnt and SUICIDAL is amazingly tough with a pub group, but i handle biz most of the time with my frinds...so there isnt enough suicidal servers to bend the learning curve and more normal servers than hard and suicidal put together is leading to the eventual fall of an instant classic of a game in killing floor! /run on sentence. There needs to be a more relaxed way to play KF, maybe a survival mode, or a simple retry map option after an inevitable failure in a pub.

So new things have to be developed to combat this, new game types, whitelisted MODS, more info in the server list, many things need to happen to keep "the people" into this game. Cause the format is there, its the bread a butter, now TW just needs to add gametypes, levels and content at "convenient" pace to keep the interest levels high!

With that said I LOVE steam(*hugs)...it organizes everything i need for most of my games, and is essential to my computer gaming experience! Also delivers 100% playback if i change computers, no cds needed to fumble with...my account is MINE. I would steam is to my computer as "xbox live" is for the 360

Upvote 0
This is s bad thread and wont help anyone here! The first thread (linked) started over 5 (yes 5) years ago...i

Say's it all really.

P.S. I love steam ever since HL2 it came out. No more hunting for the DVD and I can impulse purchase. But then I am old school and had to use tapes in a Commodore 64 so anything is an improvement on that notoriuosly unreliable method for loading a game. Anyone remember tweaking the cassette player head with a screw driver until a game loaded...?

Upvote 0
Well, I don't know other regions player count or number of active servers, game communities but in Asia except Japan Killing Floor was dead long time ago.
In my opinion Killing Floor will not maintain popularity same level as now as time passes, each time. I think that time is sooner rather than later.
And regarding piracy it seems that Tripwire Interactive do not want to take legal action against these problems or have no willingness to do something based on what I have seen.

Upvote 0
Also one more thing...i want a challenge mode that starts from level 5, because the first 4 waves wastes 25 minutes and they are SO simple on EVERY difficulty. just a time filler IMO.

there are server settings that you can change so that you can make the first wave and so on start out with everything from fp's to sirens.

hence, you're idea is null. be more patient and just play the damn waves. if you skip them all then you have no money for weapons or ammo to fight off the fp's and scrakes and such.

looks like a lot aof people is posting bad things about tripwire ( but not in this forum , I wonder why . http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/killingfloor/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-50439282&pid=959897&page=0 )

so you're saying that since people are saying bad things about TWI then they must be doing something wrong?
guess what, if it's on the internet and it's popular then somebody out there is going to bash it even for no reason at all. countless amounts of people like myself say GOOD things about TWI as well. probably much more people then the people who say bad things about TWI.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
so you're saying that since people are saying bad things about TWI then they must be doing something wrong?.

My guess it's more about "o hay, we didn't bother playing the game in any coordinated or teamwork sensed manner at all, we were just running around with ichy triggerfingers getting bumraped by FPs and scrakes so we had to resort to kiting but now it's ruined the game is too hard."

Reminds me a story I heard from a friend of mine that three of is acquitances (if you want to call them those) quit playing KF after westlondon gate was fixed, because the game was 'too hard' otherwise.

Upvote 0
my guess it's more about "o hay, we didn't bother playing the game in any coordinated or teamwork sensed manner at all, we were just running around with ichy triggerfingers getting bumraped by fps and scrakes so we had to resort to kiting but now it's ruined the game is too hard."

reminds me a story i heard from a friend of mine that three of is acquitances (if you want to call them those) quit playing kf after westlondon gate was fixed, because the game was 'too hard' otherwise.

lol xD

Upvote 0
RO and KF are about the same as in the learning curve can be somewhat steep at times. i asked my friend to check out KF, he gave me his review when i met up with him while in my gorilla suit:

"really tough game, it needs the l4d shove attack and a 50 cal"

ill try finding out more infos for you guys. thanks.

stevenhoax.jpg

Upvote 0
I think there was a lot of opposition to the different way tripwire went with killing floor retail. Some of the more dedicated mod players want their slow onslaught with nigh unkillable FPs and weight-glitched gameplay back. I have been playing KF since before mod 2.5 was released and I was rather happy with the retail treatment though there are still somethings that have been implemented that I have issue with (FP decaps and crappy LAW). The ability to lan (well it's not really lan at that point) only if you have internet access is annoying but there are always other game that I can turn to in that case.

Upvote 0
yet more proof that L4D fags should not play KF. they have no skill and hence complain when a game presents an actual challenge. or they just try to turn it into L4D (which is the easiest zombie killing game ever made)

I respectfully disagree - L4D doesn't let you kill the most powerful enemy in the game with a single hit from a knife. It actually takes some skill (and strategy) to fight the tank. :p

Upvote 0
I respectfully disagree - L4D doesn't let you kill the most powerful enemy in the game with a single hit from a knife. It actually takes some skill (and strategy) to fight the tank. :p

no it takes lots of bullets. I've never seen anyone do anything but shoot the hell out of it when a tank shows up in L4D. L4D is a shoot em up and nothing else. KF is a strategic game.

If you don't like KF for a stupid reason like fp decaps then why don't you get off the forums and go hang out with the L4D fanboys.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.