• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Xplay Review

Xplay drinking game: Everytime they utter something completely stupid, ridiculous or simply put retarded claims with no real or coherent basis at all - drink! Repeat until you pass out and wake up with Xplay hangover the following day.

:troll:

In that case every person who saw RO's 'review' on Xplay would be in a coma :troll:

Reactions: Tiger2
Upvote 0
You might want to remove all throwable objects from the area before watching. Also, some subjects have noted a distinct loss of braincells after viewing this review.

That's a good instruction indeed but actually I was really laughing at the moderation. Particularly thepronunciation of "Ostfront" is ****ing badass
Intense firefights are obliterated by the reloading time? Hell yeah, the past years playing this game I definitely was bored off the battlefield :D

The best thing is the complaint about killing the team members. I wouldn't want any of those in my squad :rolleyes:

"Red Orchestra gets a 2 out of 5", well so we've not seen them on the battlefield again. :D

"Hardcore realism", well that would be grabbing a gun and go for war in real life, no?

Absolutely awesome, I've totally forgotten this review existed, that's for bringing this BS back for some good laughing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Xplay drinking game: Everytime they utter something completely stupid, ridiculous or simply put retarded claims with no real or coherent basis at all - drink! Repeat until you pass out and wake up with Xplay hangover the following day.

We must have an Xplay day! A community gathering where we sit around a T.V and take vodka shots as Xplay mocks RO. :IS2:

Upvote 0
We must have an Xplay day! A community gathering where we sit around a T.V and take vodka shots as Xplay mocks RO. :IS2:

If you were to go by Oldih's XPlay drinking game, I don't think I could last a day playing it, even if it wasn't Vodka (Hardcore non-stop drinking without stopping to breath can do that to you:p)

Upvote 0
Oh that Xplay review is a hoot.

everything they are complaining about is in any COD game. its called "Hard Core mode" and btw everyone loves it. My friends don't even play on servers that aren't running Hard core.

yeah I admit my average kill count for a round in Ostfront is... 4. but I still love it, and I cannot wait for HoS.

Honestly the whole Review actually made me laugh.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oh that Xplay review is a hoot.

everything they are complaining about is in any COD game. its called "Hard Core mode" and btw everyone loves it. My friends don't even play on servers that aren't running Hard core.

yeah I admit my average kill count for a round in Ostfront is... 4. but I still love it, and I cannot wait for HoS.

Honestly the whole Review actually made me laugh.

yeah but that review came out in 06' which was before cod 4 which came out in 07.

So basically they were 12 months away from putting their foot in their mouth and having the majority of their complaints fully adopted by their beloved zombie followers, however not at all complained about because its from a large company and a few key features for real realism were missing. (free weapon movement around center of screen so no center screening, it still had cone fire, no weapon resting etc).

I might actually say to give them a second chance later in the release period ( after initial release ) as there will actually be
1: single player that isnt god mode bots
2: a relaxed realism mode which I guess will be somewhere in the ballpark of similarity to COD Hardcore
3: an arse load of features which COD players have never even heard of.

Upvote 0
I remember that review well ,..& it seemed that not only had they not even attempted to play or properly learn the game , but they also seemed totally lost on the concept of realism , iron sights no xhairs etc,..
In fact I was so disappointed with their total lack of understanding & effort I was sure to tell them so in their own forum with this sig that I made just for them & still have to this day,....

XplayRaw1a-1.jpg

Upvote 0
I think they made some fair points.

please either list which points, in your opinion, were fair and provide logical argumentation with supporting evidence for your opinions......or get out :troll:

And that's it. Now i'm completely convinced you are a troll.
At first you could pass under the possibility of true ignorance, but now :troll: is obvious.

agreed :IS2:

Reactions: Tiger2 and slavek
Upvote 0
I remember that review and was feeling very passionate about RO at the time. I certainly don't agree but it didn't bother me then and it doesn't bother me now.
They don't like the game, big deal.
What does surprise me is how people have reacted and responded.

I think the responses from the community are not surprising nor unjustified given the incredibly simplistic and unfair treatment of RO by Xplay. When a company produces a bad product the proper response is to complain, not to ignore it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I remember that review well ,..& it seemed that not only had they not even attempted to play or properly learn the game , but they also seemed totally lost on the concept of realism , iron sights no xhairs etc,..
In fact I was so disappointed with their total lack of understanding & effort I was sure to tell them so in their own forum with this sig that I made just for them & still have to this day,....

XplayRaw1a-1.jpg

I like put crosshair on enemy make him go boom!

ehehehe

XPlay, srs reviews for srs gamers

----
World War 2 again
-1 star

Menus aren't pretty enough
-1 star

I don't like realistic games
-1 star

The graphics are okay
+1 star

plus you get to choose whether to kill nazis or Commies