• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

ZED time

i LOVE ZED-time! :D

what they should add for single player is a ZED-time meter that you fill up, and once it's filled, you can use ZED-time at will, then the meter goes back to zero and you must refill again! would be REALLY useful! :D

ZED time also best for our medic to heal the people that jump up at mid air.

agreed!!!

i hate it when i player runs around like it's head is popped off, zig-zagging and jumping all over like a spazz! makes healing them hard has hell, especially when they're low on life!

then ZED-time hits, and *POW*, healed!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In fact what triggers zed time?
Zed time, or Dramatic Events as it is called in behind the scenes, are random triggered on every zed kill - but they also trigger from a few key events.

Killing 4 or more zeds with one LAW rocket, Pipe bomb, M79 or frag nade = 5% chance.
Killing 2 or more zeds with one LAW rocket, Pipe bomb, M79 or frag nade = 3% chance.
(M32 does not have this extra chance...)

Headshot that also instant kill the zombie (no bleed out) = 3% chance

Zombie killed by commando or berserk during a dramatic event while having extra zed time extensions = 100% chance.

Chance to trigger dramatic event on every zombie kill when zombie die within about 3 meters away from the killer = 5% chance (if not already triggered by killing headshot or AoE multikill)
Chance to trigger dramatic event on every zombie kill when zombie die more than about 3 meters away from the killer = 2.5% chance (if not already triggered by killing headshot or AoE multikill).

Winchester (LAR) also have code snippets that indicate it could have extra chance to trigger dramatic events, but it was never fully implemented.

Upvote 0