• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Using the Testmap to Your Benefit

noupperlobeman

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 21, 2010
Corning, New York
I don't have a link to download the testmap, but if someone could spot me one it would be appreciated...

The testmap is a great tool I think a lot of players should take advantage of. Heres the gist of what the testmap has:

1. It simulates a six man game of your selected difficulty by using stationary player bots.

2. Offers a small room with buttons to spawn stationary specimens from a clot all the way up to the patriarch. These specimens can't move or attack you (but if you get too close they can hit you). Perfect for testing general damage rates of weapons/perks.

3. Offers buttons to spawn specimens from clot all the way to patriarch perpendicular to a long hallway. Great for testing perks/tactics/weapons against free range specimens that can move and attack.

4. A pile of regenerating cash next to a trader that is always open. Perfect for testing loadouts and buying and selling tested equipment.

This map has about a bajillion uses to any player, but the most important is using the testmap to know you and your perks limitations. I think this is the best place for players to practice, learn how weapons handle, know what each perk is best suited for, test different loadouts, and just gain a general wealth of experience.

I highly suggest anyone reading this thread to download the map and start testing right away. It really opened my eyes as to what I should/shouldn't be doing with my perks and weapons.

The test map was probably best used during the Beta to see just how easy it was to take down scrakes / fp's etc.

Search the General Discussion area of the forum and you should find another thread with a link to the map.

ps. I still think the best way to learn how to deal with the enemy is to play the game but if you don't get alot of time then this may be of use.

Upvote 0
I'd never heard about it til now... it sounds like a good idea, but I personally like to work my way up from Normal on most games and just keep learning from other players. And obviously you get a feel for things yourself.

But yeah, sounds like a really cool idea, could be good to practice headshots and stuff like that for people who are not really used to aiming for the head.

Upvote 0
I'd rather learn strategies etc overtime in actual games, using Testmap in my early KF days would have eliminated half the fun I've had with KF.

I'd recommend not to use it if you're new to the game.

Personal mileage may vary.

I use it to test different loadouts and the damage certain offperk weapons do at different difficulties. Mostly for my medic.

Another good use for almost any perk is the "am I ready for the next difficulty for x perk at x level" kind of test. Much less of a headache to jump into a testmap and see how many crossbow shots it takes to kill a scrake, than to jump into a real game and possibly cause trouble for your team.

I wasn't implying one should take all of their learning from the testmap.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Upvote 0