• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Is it a AMD thing.

Nipper

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 9, 2011
It seems that while some are getting terrible performance others are having no problems at all.
I have a AMD cpu and AMD/ATI graphics card. Does the bad performance relate to this hardware, or are Intel and Nvida users suffering the same?

AMD Phenom II Black 3.4GHz Quad.
EVGA GTX 275.
8GB RAM Win7/x64.

45-60 FPS average, fine performance here. Lower FPS than in most games, but it never stutters or lags or drops below 45, even with artillery.

Edit: Running all on Ultra.

I was about to assume it was a AMD cpu performance issue. Maybe a few more reply's might build a better picture.

Upvote 0
AMD cpu / nVidia gfx, quite poor performance, definitely worse than beta.

same here.
my specs are:

palit sonic gtx 570 (dual fan)

AMD phenom ii x 4 955 @ 3.2Ghz (stock clocks)

2x 4gb ddr3 1333mhz

550w PSU

i should be able to run this game pretty smoothly but i got some terrible frames :confused: i can run crysis 2 1920x1200 @ hardcore 60fps no framdrops. i bet it's bad use of UE3. some stupid coding. they might as well fix it as patch.

Upvote 0
Not entirely, there are a few of us on Intels having issues.

Intel Q6600 quad @ 3.0 ghz (sees about 60% utilization on all 4 cores)
both my Nvidia GTX 260 and the 560 Ti I have access to at the moment run the game equally bad.

I get around 25-30 in combat and when it maters, in buildings its usually around 60, so I don't know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
AMD Phenom 2 Black edition x4 @ 3.4ghz
Nvidia GTX460
6GB DDR2 ram.
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Was playing Ultra fine when Beta was released, as the new patches were release my performance dropped, by the end of the beta I was struggling on High. On release I am now running Medium and still hitting 20 or less FPS.

I formatted and rebuilt my machine for this game too :(

Upvote 0
Game runs like crap (10-20 fps) with my ATI card, i suspect it is because the game only seems to utilize 30% of the card, it never rises in temperature/fan never speeds up (as is normal when playing any game) and ati control panel says around 30% is used of card capacity.

C2D e6600
Ati 4870
6gb Ram

Upvote 0
Running on an AMD System, Phenom II x6 at 2.8 with AMD HD6950 2gb

Going.. Rather well but I still see huge performance drops at certain moments.
Mostly when using Sniper.

Settings are on high, using the AMD Center's AA (disablnig ingame)
Also put the shadow quality on medium, that helped a bit.

Overall, the performance is lacking but not game-killing. I have not stopped enjoying the game :D

Upvote 0