• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] The Armed Assault thread

As soon as they manage to make ArmA run on most computers, even the ones not custom tailored to fit ArmA's needs, I might buy it. Still seems neat, though.

Patch 1.09 might just do that :)
Even fixes a fog setting of some sort that made everything blurry in the distance for 8800 users, wich kinda messed with my shooting. Performance got better with the beta version of that patch, i hope it will improve even more, but i hardly get any bad fps drop anymore except for some heavily forested area's, but overall fps should be good everywhere.
My shooting skills increased (its not tweaked or something, its just the fog setting making it difficult to hit things), ups the fun-factor etc.
Even AI improved, there seems to be more usage of grenades, better moving in urban area's etc. And just now, i got hunted by some infantry bastard :p
I thought a saw him at first, but moved on. Then when i turned around the corner, i heard a grenade go off on the spot i just was... i kept going, i went around the building, and i came out on this guy's flank who was slowly moving towards the position he last saw me, and i shot him in the head :D

= the reason i started making a mission for it. I hate the fact there are hardly any proper infantry missions in the game that are not urban-based, so i try and make my own now...
No-one else seems to make them much though :\ mostly black-ops missions, and tank or heli-missions...

A few update screenshots of the mission im working on :) I've added in a couple of things and testing them out now. Like tank support, and a gunship you can call in through the radio etc.

Updated the approach: now added 2 trucks from wich your squads got out from.
approachupdatedxe1.jpg

The tank support has arrived (it takes a bit of time before the thing arrives to the field of battle)
tanksupport2en9.jpg

Right before the end, my M1A1 gets blown up.....
beforetheend2az5.jpg

..... So i call in the flyboys.
ahz1oy6.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thought you guys might like to see these. I haven't had time to do a full AAR in ages, but these screens are pretty cool on their own. Posted these on the Insurgency forums a short while ago, figure it's appropriate here as well.

All of these screens are from multiplayer gaming with my group Shack Tactical. Everyone you see in these shots - every visible unit, including vehicles - is player-controlled. Most of these screens are from 50-65 player MP scenarios. (If you're curious, I did a tactical guide for the game that you can find here)

arma_2007_12_29_19_14_13_81.jpg

My squad lays low in the woods in ambush as an enemy squad approaches.

arma_2007_12_22_18_41_13_53.jpg

Compound breach. This my squad entering from two breach points - on another side of the compound, another squad is entering in the same fashion.

arma_2007_12_15_18_18_01_04.jpg

Convoy moving out, with our tank as the rear guard.

arma_2007_12_22_21_34_10_32.jpg

A SAW gunner in my fireteam provides overwatch as a friendly squad in the background moves forward.

arma_2007_09_01_18_58_06_59.jpg

Taking off for CAS in rather poor weather.

arma_2007_12_29_18_27_31_28.jpg

A squad leader checks the front through binos as one of his fireteams takes cover behind some trees. On the upper left side of the image you can see another fireteam using a rock formation as cover.

arma_2007_12_15_18_50_25_21.jpg

Providing overwatch for dismounted friendly infantry in an M1A1 Abrams tank.

arma_2007_12_30_15_12_46_79.jpg

A buddy team cautiously moves out after heavy contact in a MOUT scenario. They're shifting over to the building across the way, from which they can take up positions on the roof.

arma_2007_11_17_17_33_18_76.jpg

Assault teams moving in on an objective as another squad provides a base of fire.

Reactions: Nimsky
Upvote 0
by comparing it to an engine
WTH?

I'm not comparing to anything whatsoever!?
And I'm certainly not raving about Call of Duty 4.

Anyway, how come they (read: BIS) can build a visually beautiful engine with huge view distances and still have the same animating system as Operation Flashpoint?

The concept of the engine is great but the result is terrible.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I can't see any pics Dslyecxi, I see my browser tries to connect to your website but no pics are downloaded.

God i'd really like to play with you guys lol, unfortunately you start at 1 o'clock in the middle of the night, in my timezone :(

Same here, ShackTac looks awesome but the times really aren't doable for me. Does anyone know of a European equivalent? (I'm not trying to steal any players from you, Dslyecxi ;) ). Love your screenshots and videos by the way. Did you shoot any new combat vids lately?

Upvote 0
I can't see any pics Dslyecxi, I see my browser tries to connect to your website but no pics are downloaded.
Should work now if it wasn't previously, unless you're viewing through a proxy.

Maybe they oughtta start Shack Tactical EU?
We actually have a good number of Euro players in the group, I guess they're just lucky enough to be able to stay up as late as we require during our Saturday games. :)

Same here, ShackTac looks awesome but the times really aren't doable for me. Does anyone know of a European equivalent?
6th Sense is probably your best bet. I haven't played with them, but I have heard good things about them. They're more open to the public as well, so it shouldn't be hard to play with them.

Love your screenshots and videos by the way. Did you shoot any new combat vids lately?
Thanks. Latest stuff I've personally done can be found in this little article:
http://dslyecxi.com/articles/arma_109_voip.html

Upvote 0
So, i just bought Queens Gambit, since it was only 20 euro's and i'd like to support Bohemia...
Anyway, i'm trying to boot the thing up, and Securom yells '**** YOU!' in my face and wont start up the game :mad:
My mate has had the same problem with Securom before in other games and he never received any help, the only thing he could say about the matter is 'those people should die' wich wasnt so helpfull as it was funny :D
Anyways, anyone know any way of letting Queens Gambit run in 1.09 beta (wich supposedly makes you not need your cd anymore, allthough for regular arma i allready didnt need it anymore) or any way around this ****ty program?

Upvote 0
I didn't find out yet how to play Queen's Gambit with 1.09 (but I would be curious to know).

At the moment I am really pissed at that AddOn because my save games are f*cked up (everytime I try to load the game crashes) for BOTH campaigns :eek: I can't understand why the AddOn is not a part of normal ArmA like it was with OFP and its AddOns.

Stupid beta patches, last time they released one they released the exact same file two weeks later as the final patch :mad:

Upvote 0
Anyways, anyone know any way of letting Queens Gambit run in 1.09 beta (wich supposedly makes you not need your cd anymore, allthough for regular arma i allready didnt need it anymore) or any way around this ****ty program?

Well I know you can get cracked .exe's (just do a google search) to put in the game's folder, though if the game runs PB then it'll boot you off the server pretty much immediately. If you have a lot of free hd space, you could always just rip the disc to your hd and mount the image with Daemon Tools :cool:.

Upvote 0
I've recently got back into playing ArmA again at the urging of some of my friends (some of which are in the RO community).

Been having some great times and beta patch 1.09 is awesome in terms of a performance boost (and my new 8800gt I got for xmas helps too :) ).

If anybody is interested in some RO community coop missions or anything like that or has some cool misisons they are making let me know!

Upvote 0