• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapon: Barrett M99

UPDATE:

Beta Version 4.5 Released

Here

This version is only avaliable for people who register in the forums, as we want people to post bugs in our Bug section there.
After 4 days it's alvaliable for everyone ;).
This way we can fix all the bugs much quicker.
Findign all the Bug Reports in the 3 threads just is too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: masteriamamind
Upvote 0

Skip to 1:38.
The shooting sound has a delay, you actually hear the headshot sound a bit before the actual shooting sound.
You might want to throw that sound into an audio editor and cut the silence at the start out.
I thought it was obvious enough for you to fix in this version.

Also I know you like your shiny stuff but the bright blue hologram on top of the scope feels somewhat out of place and the tip of the gun suffers greatly from mk23 ironsight blockyness syndrome.
The round insertion part of the animation looks too perfect too.
Might wanna prolong it for something like the hunting shotty does. More fumbling of round into chamber.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
M99 is great , but the medic rifle stole the show. It satisfies like TWI made weapons.

I feel the pricing may need to change to allow for usage on higher levels. $4000 ($1299 on perk) is alot of money. Upkeep is 30 per shot or 750 to Suicidal and HOE is going to have 25+ prime targets. So that's 750+amour every round. Demo costs that much, but a demo can take out the masses AND FPs . As a sharp shooter you'll have your (gimped) 9mm and a M99. In order to survive a Sharp shooter has to stay on the offensive as missing headshots means death on HOE. Yes the M99 is powerful but it has many drawbacks outside of its pricing and maintenance. Combine the two and you get a well made weapon that is impractical to use since your only other option to defend yourself is a weakened 9mm.

Reactions: Jack-Carver
Upvote 0
Skip to 1:38.
The shooting sound has a delay, you actually hear the headshot sound a bit before the actual shooting sound.
You might want to throw that sound into an audio editor and cut the silence at the start out.
I thought it was obvious enough for you to fix in this version.

Also I know you like your shiny stuff but the bright blue hologram on top of the scope feels somewhat out of place and the tip of the gun suffers greatly from mk23 ironsight blockyness syndrome.
The round insertion part of the animation looks too perfect too.
Might wanna prolong it for something like the hunting shotty does. More fumbling of round into chamber.
The sound will be changed but the end onf the gun is blocky and there's nothing we will change about it. Maybe you mean the smoothing groops ( this will remove the edges of the muzzle breake). If you mean the barrel... Well we chose to use the blocky M99 Barrell, as there's a round one and blocky one. And the top of the scope actually glows in real life, as it's radioactive but we can tune that down too.
YouTube - Trijicon AccuPoint Rifle Scopes - From Manufacturers of ACOG Scopes
For the animation: Inserting a .50cal is actually quite easy and there's no need for long inserting animations.
Oh and there's no need to get agressive! You sound like you payed us for making these weapons for you XD

M99 is great , but the medic rifle stole the show. It satisfies like TWI made weapons.

I feel the pricing may need to change to allow for usage on higher levels. $4000 ($1299 on perk) is alot of money. Upkeep is 30 per shot or 750 to Suicidal and HOE is going to have 25+ prime targets. So that's 750+amour every round. Demo costs that much, but a demo can take out the masses AND FPs . As a sharp shooter you'll have your (gimped) 9mm and a M99. In order to survive a Sharp shooter has to stay on the offensive as missing headshots means death on HOE. Yes the M99 is powerful but it has many drawbacks outside of its pricing and maintenance. Combine the two and you get a well made weapon that is impractical to use since your only other option to defend yourself is a weakened 9mm.

Thanks and we will try to balance it out.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
the end onf the gun is blocky and there's nothing we will change about it. Maybe you mean the smoothing groops ( this will remove the edges of the muzzle breake).

No I do not mean the shading, I mean the shape of it. (btw while we're at smoothing groups, the whole thing could be set to "smooth" anyway. There's no place I can think of for hard faces like at the forestock. The scope looks great, everything else looks a bit too artificial by comparison)
Spoiler!

It's rounded off, not hard 90

Last edited:
Upvote 0
SS perk has not mentioned any ammo capacity bonus though...If this is added then lar/xbow/M14 deserves this as well.This is not good for whitelisting since it needs to edit the perk bonus.
I recommand No Ammo capacity bonus.
Also,I recommand stick the reloading time right now for SS,and nerf it for non-SSs.
(4 sec for non-SS,and 2.5 sec for SS,which is 60% speed boost).
The last thing:Have you changed the mag icon into the single bullet icon like lar?:mad:I can't check it because of the spring festival in China,I have no time KFing.:(

Upvote 0
SS perk has not mentioned any ammo capacity bonus though...If this is added then lar/xbow/M14 deserves this as well.This is not good for whitelisting since it needs to edit the perk bonus.
I recommand No Ammo capacity bonus.
Also,I recommand stick the reloading time right now for SS,and nerf it for non-SSs.
(4 sec for non-SS,and 2.5 sec for SS,which is 60% speed boost).
The last thing:Have you changed the mag icon into the single bullet icon like lar?:mad:I can't check it because of the spring festival in China,I have no time KFing.:(
Hhaha the bullet icon really makes you mad :D. Yeah we will change that. Sorry for that. The problem is that there are som many posts that we forget about bug reports or don't see them. That's why we made a forum for this stuff.

Upvote 0