• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Please end the spawncamping on Station

Shpadoinkle

Aug 30, 2011
After being spawn killed five times in a row on Station last night by someone named "SolitarySoldat" and informing him that he was spawn camping (benefit of the doubt, he may not have known) some moron came over the mic stating

"Spawn camping is fine, you just can't call arty on spawn areas."

REALLY? So this is the first multiplayer game in history where spawn camping is fine and encouraged? Really?

Guys, it's obvious that the devs made a mistake with the design of the axis spawn points on that map, and hopefully they're working on changing the situation so, you know, a guy doesn't sit for nearly a minute and a half being killed over an over the moment he enters the game, but until that day can we at least police ourselves a little? I get it if you didn't know. You see Germans, you shoot Germans. But if someone says something to you about it, please stop yourself from sounding like a blithering idiot and ruining the game for dozens of other people and just go find another spot.

It's a very simple thing to do, and will ensure that six months from now we won't have just three servers with players in them. Remember, we're all in this together.

And also on Grain Elevator.

Spawning in Church on Spartanovka I've also been spawnkilled a couple of times by machinegun or sniperfire from the townhall. And on the same map there's that weird location you sometimes spawn in, in front of the burning building in clear view of the Townhall if you spawn on Spawn 2 as Axis when they have Building Block 2.

To be fair, the spawnkilling on Spartanovka is mostly done by arty, although that is of course bad enough.

Upvote 0
It's pubs man, what do you expect.

I booted up BF BC2 again (after a very long time), I choose a HC Vietnam server with Operation Hastings and I got spawnkilled like 10times by choppers hovering above the spawn and tanks zeroing in on the bottleneck out of the spawn.
Tickets where dropping like crazy but what can you do about it? Quit and look for another server with less retards

Upvote 0
It's pubs man, what do you expect.

I booted up BF BC2 again (after a very long time), I choose a HC Vietnam server with Operation Hastings and I got spawnkilled like 10times by choppers hovering above the spawn and tanks zeroing in on the bottleneck out of the spawn.
Tickets where dropping like crazy but what can you do about it? Quit and look for another server with less retards

no you are wrong. This is supposed to be Red Orchestra, you are supposed to have spawn protection like in RO1 unless you spawn on squadleader. Unfortunately they've also mucked up this aspect on many maps as well.

Upvote 0
Spawn camping and spawn shooting has been an issue on some maps since
the dawn of RO1. This is not an exclusive issue here. No server administration or server operating clan will allow it to go on very long. They will crush this behavior on the part of their cliantelle within a day or two.
We been there; done that. Any clan or server operator that allows it to go on for any length of time will see their server/servers dry up like a puddle in the Sahara. Money down the toilet from that point on. Any questions?

The server operator in this case is behaving in a fashon that will cause their disappearance in short order.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Simple fix: designate the spawn as a no shoot, no kill zone. People who camp inside the spawn and kill someone outside it die and lose honor. Enemies who camp the spawn and kill anyone inside the zone die and lose honor. The more people you kill at once (tank HE camping, grenade, MG), the more multipliers are attached to the Honor you lose, and maybe your respawn time increases too.

Upvote 0
perhaps if you lost honour or experince if you killed someone in spawn it would soon put a stop to this?
just a thought

An honour loss for killing people within spawn would still have to be accompanied by a map adjustment to stop people firing -out- of their invulnerable spawn location. Given that, it's probably just sensible to adjust the maps so spawnkilling is a non-issue.

On another note, although I've not yet spawned there as a german (map always seems axis-stacked for me) so I can't be sure it's actually the spawn, there's a green wooden hut on Barracks that - if it's the spawn - may well be penetrable with an MG. I've certainly MGed people on their way between said hut and the fight (as in, in transit, not post-spawn).

Upvote 0