• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why can't aimbot companies be sued?

Zookerman

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 27, 2011
I don't get it,these companies are making money off of Tripwire's game without their consent. What they are doing is tantamount to selling pirated dvds in front of a movie theater or selling picket signs with movie spoilers.

I'm sorry if these metaphors are terrible, but the point is that they make money and people who bought the game expecting fair competition are getting screwed.

Don't you realise TW was aimbot company all along!

tank-modellbau-hull-machine-gun-for-mato-torro-sherman-1-16-scale-1343-p.jpg

:p

Reactions: slavek
Upvote 0
Actually, no. We're discussing this in my computer ethics class. You can't sue companies that produce aimbots, or hacks, or anything of that nature unless it's directly cutting into the parent company's profit margin. The parent company doesn't lose any money if it's users are a bunch of hacking ****tards (except by word of mouth, but that's impossible to prove in court).

It was a case a few years back where a company was producing botting programs for World of Warcraft. Blizzard sued and lost, because it doesn't infringe on their profit margins.

EDIT: Woah, just looked at the link above and I need to have a word with my Ethics Professor. He's spouting crap!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I don't get it,these companies are making money off of Tripwire's game without their consent. What they are doing is tantamount to selling pirated dvds in front of a movie theater or selling picket signs with movie spoilers.

I'm sorry if these metaphors are terrible, but the point is that they make money and people who bought the game expecting fair competition are getting screwed.

Tripwire should at least consider asking Paypal to drop customers like AimJunkies.org (netnoobs on PayPal)..

Upvote 0